Todd Gurley: Offensive Player of the Year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Way to go Todd. Should be MVP. Love that our guys won the hat trick.

Zuerlein should get Special Teams POY. If such an award existed. :cautious:

jap

Legend
The Gurley Express! has not even been fully unleashed yet. Even Sean did not realize how good Todd really was, otherwise he wold have turned him loose more in the Minny and Philly games---two losses that may well have been wins had the Gurley Man been allowed roam the range more.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, Brady couldn't be bothered to be there to accept his MVP trophy...:gtfo:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Look at the people who vote for this award. Gurley was a slam dunk for the mvp but when you have people like Peter king voting what chance does he have? Most articles i read from nfl reporters makes me feel like they're clueless Arsewipes.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
View: http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Rams-Win-Three-Top-Awards-at-NFL-Honors/04f5a422-9338-48d1-92d5-fbb39da62c3a

Todd Gurley

“It just tells you the type of players we have on the team,” Gurley said. “We all help each other out. Absolutely we have some talent, but we’re nothing without the whole nine yards and everything together. And then we also have a coach who’s up for Coach of the Year so that just shows us why we’re in the situation we’re in, being able to come away with those awards.”

Gurley is just the third Ram to be named AP Offensive Player of the Year — the first since 2001. He’s also only the third running back since 2010 to receive the honor after finishing the year No. 1 with 2,093 yards from scrimmage, 19 total touchdowns, and 13 rushing touchdowns.

“It means a lot for sure. Just thankful for my family, for my teammates, coach McVay — coming in and just changing everything around for us. Our first playoff appearance in a long time, and for Goff to have the year he did, the O-line, everybody,” Gurley said. “And then for me and AD to win Offensive and Defensive Player of the Year — it’s crazy. So, definitely blessed and thankful to be in this position.”

The running back’s turnaround is particularly impressive considering the results of his 2016 campaign.

“That’s what I love about sports man. You’re not going to have a good year every year. That’s why you go through the bad times to enjoy the good times like this,” Gurley said. “It just shows you the people we are and the type of team we were to be able to go through that rough stretch and bounce back — to be able to turn everything around. No better feeling than winning games, especially in the NFL.”

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

:redcard: I call Bull Shit!!!! No way to clean this comment up!! 40 Votes for Brady and only 8 for Gurley!!
fingers.gif

kmi.jpg

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just got an alert on my phone, Brady just took the MVP award, dang shame.
Brady lost the SDuper Bowl... he can stare at the MVP trophy while remembering he fumbled that game away LOL

Brady is on the downside of his career... Gurley has just begun... there will be many more awards for Mr. Gurley in the years ahead.