Todd Gurley, Le'Veon Bell among NFL's most explosive running backs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Head and shoulders? Sorry not true, and that's not taking away anything that Gurley has done either.

You can't look at stats in a void...especially one game because that's silly...keep in mind Pittsburgh is on their 3rd string QB vs the Rams with their starter. Landry Jones scares no one but Steeler fans. Bell made a great run to beat SD at the buzzer.

They are the only two averaging over 100 yards per game and are both going to probably have hall of fame careers if they dont get hurt horribly. Gotta see how the season plays out, but both should be in the pro bowl for their conference.

Freeman would be up there also if you take out the 2 games he did not start....

WvuIN02

Starter
True, Freeman is also playing really well.

Gurley and Bell both didnt start games either until the 3rd week, so 2 more games would give them even more sickening numbers. Bell is already 5th in yards even with missing 2 games, if you added 2 more games at what those two are averaging Gurley and Bell would probably be one to two hundred yards ahead of the next person. Which is nuts.

I will be curious going forward once teams get more tape on TG and tendencies etc, how they will choose to defend the Rams offense.

jap

Legend
I believe Marshall will change his tune once TGII gets much more integrated into the passing game. The Gurley Express! is truly a three down back. I would love to see Todd run a slant, snagging the ball in the open field & cruising his way to pay dirt. I used to wish the same for SJ, but TGII is more lethal with his vision, speed, & balance. Plus, Gurley still has warp levels he has not tapped yet at the pro level. Like Fish indicates, he is not 100% so we still haven't seen everything yet.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Head and shoulders? Sorry not true, and that's not taking away anything that Gurley has done either.

You can't look at stats in a void...especially one game because that's silly...keep in mind Pittsburgh is on their 3rd string QB vs the Rams with their starter. Landry Jones scares no one but Steeler fans. Bell made a great run to beat SD at the buzzer.

They are the only two averaging over 100 yards per game and are both going to probably have hall of fame careers if they dont get hurt horribly. Gotta see how the season plays out, but both should be in the pro bowl for their conference.

I said head and shoulders LATELY. I agree that Bell is playing very well and is an incredible back, but TG3 has been besting him. The Steelers still have a great group of receivers and they actually had more passing yards against Arizona than the Rams did.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
MJD said:
Gurley's repertoire is impressive this early in his career
I'm going to have to say Todd Gurley... but Gurley, with his size (6-foot-1, 227 pounds) and speed, is hard to beat. He's changed the Rams' franchise this year.
I laughed way too much that MJD would mention Gurley's size.

Gurley is more of a power runner while Bell is far more of a three down back.
Gurley isn't just a power back. He's got elite speed and is elusive without looking particularly elusive. He reminds me of a giraffe because he can move his legs to the left and the right while moving forward at full speed.