Todd Gurley and the Georgia Offense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think gurley broke the college football record for yards after contact or breaking tackles. I think his yardage were a result of his own ability

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I dunno if there's a single better stat for if a college player's game translates to the pro game. Yards after contact. Boom.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
As a Georgia fan, you dont understand the talent we have at the RB position. Chubb and Michel both have a chance to be first round draft picks. Georgia has the best RBs in the country. They have 3 5star Rbs on their roster. The #3 RB would start for 90% of schools out there. So yeah their #3 RB is an elite talent.
And they just had Holyfield commit to them for 2016 ... like an assembly line....

DawgFather

UDFA
Chubb is an easy bet to be a first round pick, but Michel is a stretch, in my honest opinion. With the running back position being as devalued as it is and other positions being solid...I just don't see it for a backup running back.

Michel's receiving ability is ridiculous, best i can remember in a long time for us. He could play Slot very easily. That is why he has a shot to be very high, many people close to the program think its on the same level as Chubb as a football player. Chubb maybe a better runner but Michel you can lineup everywhere and can return kickoffs too.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree @Mackeyser, The thing that translates to the NFL for a RB is Vision (Check), toughness (yards after contact, running downhill etc.. Check) and instinct or awareness and he checks all 3 of those boxes. Real world he hasn't proven anything yet but his strengths are the traits that you want in a back when he steps up to the next level and also the reason his speed what ever it really is just adds to his assets. We have seen many a speedy player RB,WR step up to the big league and suddenly their effectiveness is almost mute do to the overall speed in the NFL.
Gurley should be a Demon and I am on pins and needles in anticipation this forum will blow up and crash if he meets our lofty expectations when he finally hits the gridiron.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man, I have liked Bulldog runners for the last few years....I liked Isiah Crowell cause he started as a Freshman at Georgia...He's solid too....Don't know where they find them, or what their "trick" is in recruiting:shades:..But you are so right...What, do they let 4 cheerleaders pick up RB recruits and lock them in dorm rooms? Tickle them til they commit? :heh::sneaky::mustache:

They just nab a ton of top players at that position. Crowell was the #1 HB in the 2011 recruiting class, Marshall was #2 in 2012, Gurley was the #22 athlete in 2012 (obviously an oversight haha), Sony Michel was the #2 HB in 2014, and Nick Chubb was the #7 HB in 2014.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Michel's receiving ability is ridiculous, best i can remember in a long time for us. He could play Slot very easily. That is why he has a shot to be very high, many people close to the program think its on the same level as Chubb as a football player. Chubb maybe a better runner but Michel you can lineup everywhere and can return kickoffs too.

If UGA was smart, they'd play Michel in the slot quite a bit.

tonyl711

Starter
no matter what thier new RBs bring to the table or how good they are, it doesnt diminish what he did there, there was a reason Chubb was the #2 running back when Gurley was healthy.