TNF: Saints@Falcons

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can anyone summarize how this result helps us? I’m sure it hurts our wild card berth if we were to fall.

If we fail, we don't deserve the playoffs. It gives us wiggle room with the seeding.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Honestly the Falcons needed a comeback miracle after that suck storm they pulled off at the bowl...I could of sworn I saw the Saints pulling off some McVay ish during the game.

BeefJurky

Rookie
It's too early to tell if this loss helped or hurt us, that's the annoying thing about every important NFC game lately. We don't have the division locked up so it's hard to say whether we want the wildcards put down, or if we want other division leaders to get more losses.

Overall I was rooting for the Saints though, because it's the safe bet to get into playoffs. Root against WC contenders until we lock up the division.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Can anyone summarize how this result helps us? I’m sure it hurts our wild card berth if we were to fall.

It helps them hold onto the no 3 seed, but you're right, it doesn't help the Rams in a potential wild card scenario.

After head to head, the top tiebreaker for wild card teams is conference records. Atlanta is 7-2 in NFC games over the Rams 6-3, giving them the edge for now.

There is also the "common opponents" tiebreaker, which Atlanta has over us also, 3-1 in those games to 2-2 for Rams.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They were all pretty legit calls man.
The game ending penalty was ridiculous.
Can’t have a game ending on a penalty like that. It’s a joke. The officials shouldn’t determine the outcome of a game ever.
The game is unwatchable for me unless the Rams are playing.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The game ending penalty was ridiculous.
Can’t have a game ending on a penalty like that. It’s a joke. The officials shouldn’t determine the outcome of a game ever.
The game is unwatchable for me unless the Rams are playing.

Asshole Face should've held his composure and not run onto the field like a maniac.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Asshole Face should've held his composure and not run onto the field like a maniac.
Meh...
The refs huddled together and should have picked up the flag.
That type of thing happens all the time in playoff type games.
Dude was trying to call a timeout for god's sake.
McVay does it, and we're all pumped about how enthusiastic he is...
Ultimately, at that stage of the game, it had nothing to do with the play on the field and should not have determined the outcome

Angry Ram

Meh...
The refs huddled together and should have picked up the flag.
That type of thing happens all the time in playoff type games.
Dude was trying to call a timeout for god's sake.
McVay does it, and we're all pumped about how enthusiastic he is...
Ultimately, at that stage of the game, it had nothing to do with the play on the field and should not have determined the outcome

Sean McVay doesn't run into the field like Asshole Face did. Coaches can run up and down the sidelines urgently seeking TOs, not way out into the field. To top it off, he mouthed something to the head ref. It can't be distinguished, but apparently unsportsmanlike enough to draw the flag.

Besides, if you wanna talk about determining the outcome...maybe Drew Brees shouldn't have thrown that pick. That may have more to do with the outcome than refs.

I'm just saying, the more I watch these games, the crying of refs get annoying. Yeah I get when folks like Booger throw many fouls...but damn man up and overcome them.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sean McVay doesn't run into the field like Asshole Face did. Coaches can run up and down the sidelines urgently seeking TOs, not way out into the field. To top it off, he mouthed something to the head ref. It can't be distinguished, but apparently unsportsmanlike enough to draw the flag.

Besides, if you wanna talk about determining the outcome...maybe Drew Brees shouldn't have thrown that pick. That may have more to do with the outcome than refs.

I'm just saying, the more I watch these games, the crying of refs get annoying. Yeah I get when folks like Booger throw many fouls...but damn man up and overcome them.
You cant overcome a penalty that ends the game.
Coaches have been running on the field to call time outs since the game has been played.
Crying? No crying here. The game is unwatchable with the inconsistency of these calls and replay hasnt helped.
I dont even care that the Saints loss, I hate the Saints. But if that happened to the Rams?
giphy.gif

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

when the sideline is screaming at the refs all game it's human nature to think, "you wanna shout at me all game? here, take this". they were like a pack of animals after every call that went against them yesterday.

Angry Ram

You cant overcome a penalty that ends the game.

True. He should've stayed on the sidelines then.

Coaches have been running on the field to call time outs since the game has been played.

Really? I never noticed that.

Crying? No crying here. The game is unwatchable with the inconsistency of these calls and replay hasnt helped.
I dont even care that the Saints loss, I hate the Saints. But if that happened to the Rams?

What Asshole Face did is against the rules:

Article 1 There shall be no unsportsmanlike conduct by a substitute, coach, attendant, or any other non- player (entitled to sit on a team’s bench) during any period or timeout (including between halves).

RESTRICTED AREAS Article 4 All team personnel must observe the zone restrictions applicable to the bench area and the border rimming the playing field. The only persons permitted within the solid six-foot white border (1-1) while play is in progress on the field are game officials. For reasons involving the safety of participating players whose actions may carry them out of bounds, officials’ unobstructed coverage of the game, and spectators’ sightlines to the field, the border rules must be observed by all coaches and players in the bench area. Violators are subject to penalty by the officials.

Article 8 Non-player personnel of a club (e.g., management personnel, coaches, trainers, equipment men) are prohibited from making unnecessary physical contact with or directing abusive, threatening, or insulting language or gestures at opponents, game officials, or representatives of the League. Penalty: Loss of 15 yards. (Unsportsmanlike Conduct.) Enforcement is from: a) the succeeding spot if the ball is dead; b) the previous spot if the ball was in play; or c) whatever spot the Referee, after consulting with the crew, deems equitable. (Palpably Unfair Act.) Note: Violations which occur before or during the game may result in disqualification in addition to the yardage penalty. Any violation at the game site on the day of the game, including postgame, may result in discipline by the Commissioner.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/16_2013_Non-Player_Conduct.pdf

Ref MIGHT have waived it off if he didn't say w/e is he did. But Asshole Face did, and he got the call.

If it had been with the Rams, I'd be ticked and annoyed at Sean McVay for acting like a buffon. Fortunately, Sean McVay is able to hold his composure.