TNF - Ravens at Dolphins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At least we got our ass beat by playoff teams unlike the Ravens.

Tano

Legend
Aikman compared this Dolphins' aggressive shut-down defensive effort to last year's Rams game.
I didn't watch the game last night.

Did they play the exact same Cover 0 defensed last year with 6 pass rushers and 5 DBs playing 5 to 7 yards off.

If so, the Rams finally figured out how to beat that defense with WR screens against it.

Did Baltimore try any WR screens?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I didn't watch the game last night.

Did they play the exact same Cover 0 defensed last year with 6 pass rushers and 5 DBs playing 5 to 7 yards off.

If so, the Rams finally figured out how to beat that defense with WR screens against it.

Did Baltimore try any WR screens?
Miami loaded the line with seven, and occasionally eight defenders. Every gap was filled. DBs were about 5-7 yards off.

On the snap, the Dolphins usually rushed 5 or 6 with one or two dropping into coverage. Baltimore often had the blockers but they were not always where the rushers were coming from. Miami has a young Safety named Holland. They moved him around, and he was very impressive.

Their DL also did a good job of not rushing by Jackson. Finally, the Dolphins speed on D was impressive, and their tackling excellent.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Miami loaded the line with seven, and occasionally eight defenders. Every gap was filled. DBs were about 5-7 yards off.

On the snap, the Dolphins usually rushed 5 or 6 with one or two dropping into coverage. Baltimore often had the blockers but they were not always where the rushers were coming from. Miami has a young Safety named Holland. They moved him around, and he was very impressive.

Their DL also did a good job of not rushing by Jackson. Finally, the Dolphins speed on D was impressive, and their tackling excellent.
Thanks for the recap. Smart strategy. Lamar Jackson must mostly throw short. Plus if he’s not a cerebral QB the defense moving pieces likely confused him. It sounds just like what they did to the Rams except the DBs played back more.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I hope McVay is noticing that that defense is still working and that he’s more prepared for it.

Ellard80

Legend
another example of how its hard to win all the time in the NFL

even "bad" teams have talent and can beat you

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What makes Jackson so great is his running ability. If you can stop that and contain him it neutralizes his biggest threat. The guy has a big arm but he's not dynamic in terms of reading and anticipating. Broken plays with him buying time with his legs sure. But outside of his running ability the guy is yet another product of Greg Roman.

If you have Roman running your offense I don't know that I'd ever pay a QB. I think I'd stack the roster with athletic QBs on first contracts and use their fresh legs and that dual threat in his scheme and spend that money on the OL and defense.