Titus Young's college coach has encouraging words

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
[flv]http://kidkbim.s3.amazonaws.com/CoachPet-1360388390.smi.mp4[/flv]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.kboi2.com/sports/Chris-Petersen-Titus-Young-St-Louis-Rams-NFL-190492531.html?tab=video&c=y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.kboi2.com/sports/Chris-Peter ... =video&c=y</a>

BOISE, Idaho (KBOI) - In a matter of months, former Boise State Broncos Titus Young went from an up-and-coming wide receiver to enemy number one in Motown.

The Detroit Lions released the troubled wideout on Monday, but the St. Louis Rams plucked him off waivers the very next day; they were the only NFL team to put in a claim for Young.

Detroit head coach Jim Schwartz told the Detroit Free Press that the team exhausted every option when it came to Titus. Releasing him was about removing a distraction, and doing what was best for the team.

Chris Petersen, Young's college coach, hopes his former wide receiver can turn it around in his new surroundings.

"We talk, and we text, but you know probably not as much as I'd like to. And like I said, I know Titus can do this, it's similar to some of the things that we went through here, it's just getting him re-focussed and he can do this," said Petersen.

In St. Louis, Young reunites with Austin Pettis, another former Boise State receiver. Coach Petersen thinks that relationship may have get Young back on track.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
In St. Louis, Young reunites with Austin Pettis, another former Boise State receiver. Coach Petersen thinks that relationship may have get Young back on track.

Which begs the question; what if Pettis were cut/traded?

I don't imagine that happens, but kind of makes you think of the "work it takes to keep someone like Titus Young engaged".

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
CGI_Ram said:

I don't imagine that happens, but kind of makes you think of the "work it takes to keep someone like Titus Young engaged".

Don't know. It depends on what moves we make but I think Pettis will be here next year. He seemed to emerge in the 2nd half of the season as a red-zone threat for us.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
jrry32 said:
CGI_Ram said:

Don't know. It depends on what moves we make but I think Pettis will be here next year. He seemed to emerge in the 2nd half of the season as a red-zone threat for us.

I agree. I think Pettis showed he belongs and... entering just his 3rd year we should expect even more development.

My comment was only about how Titus Young's state of mind could be influenced by team decisions.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Has Young even came out and said anything about us picking him up? A little discouraging if not.

Maybe it's a good thing, trying to be low key now? lol Just doesn't seem like him.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Username said:
Has Young even came out and said anything about us picking him up? A little discouraging if not.

Maybe it's a good thing, trying to be low key now? lol Just doesn't seem like him.
They leaked this audio from a conference call.
Fisher was in the office telling Schotty what to say while he was on the phone with Titus.

[mp3]http://www.moviewavs.com/0039257685/MP3S/Movies/Knocked_Up/noose.mp3[/mp3]

Transcript is as follows:

Fisher: "Is he depressed?"
Schotty: "You depressed?"
Titus: "No, I feel great. I like it."
Schotty: "He says no."
Fisher: "Ask him if he's gonna kill himself."
Schotty: "You gonna kill yourself?"
Titus: "No, I'm not. Okay? Thank you."
Fisher: "Tell him not to jerk off with a noose around his neck. It's dangerous."
Schotty: "You shouldn't jerk off with a noose around your neck 'cause it's dangerous."
Titus: "Okay. Very good."
Fisher: "Oh, and tell him if he has to, tell him he needs a teammate or a spotter there."
Schotty: "Right. And if you do, um, you should have a teammate or a spotter there."

(name that movie)