Titus Young Highlights

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good player, complete idiot. Look AT ME! LOOK AT ME! ME FIRST! He is all about showboating and getting time on the camera. In one clip they are rushing up to spike the ball or get off another play and he's completely oblivious because he's doing his stupid celebrating after making a catch. Fish better put him on a short leash and Chris Long better slap him around if he starts that crap here. I hope he works out, we need him. How I long for the days when Youngblood and Jones didn't dance at all after making a play.

jap

Legend
RamsSince1969 said:
Good player, complete idiot. Look AT ME! LOOK AT ME! ME FIRST! He is all about showboating and getting time on the camera. In one clip they are rushing up to spike the ball or get off another play and he's completely oblivious because he's doing his stupid celebrating after making a catch. Fish better put him on a short leash and Chris Long better slap him around if he starts that crap here. I hope he works out, we need him. How I long for the days when Youngblood and Jones didn't dance at all after making a play.

Players today miss the beautiful subtlety of simply handing the ball to the ref after a great play, acting as though that's what is expected, as though they will be doing the same thing so consistently there is no need to celebrate. :ww:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
jap said:
Players today miss the beautiful subtlety of simply handing the ball to the ref after a great play, acting as though that's what is expected, as though they will be doing the same thing so consistently there is no need to celebrate. :ww:
Is that what you'd do if you were a player? I wonder what everyone here would do after scoring a TD in the National Football League. Me, I think I'd spike an old dude in the face. Like Danny did that one time. Then I'd make that my TM. Everytime I lined up, I'd be scouting the back of the endzone for an old dude. And then? When I scored? BAM. Right in the grill.

jap

Legend
X said:
jap said:
Is that what you'd do if you were a player? I wonder what everyone here would do after scoring a TD in the National Football League. Me, I think I'd spike an old dude in the face. Like Danny did that one time. Then I'd make that my TM. Everytime I lined up, I'd be scouting the back of the endzone for an old dude. And then? When I scored? BAM. Right in the grill.

If you score only every once in a while (e.g., a defensive player, special teams guy, a little used offensive player), I can see the urge for celebratory histrionics. However, a guy who is touting himself as being greater than Megatron ought handle himself more like Jim Brown or Barry Sanders, who just handed the ball to the officials. The psychological message to opponents is: this pay dirt hasn't seen the last of me or I'll be back in the end zone real soon again, ya hear? or I'll be here all day!

nighttrain

Legend
TO and Moss were both idiots, worked out well for them, just sayin you dont have to be everyone's buddy to be a PLAYER...
train

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jap said:
X said:
jap said:

If you score only every once in a while (e.g., a defensive player, special teams guy, a little used offensive player), I can see the urge for celebratory histrionics. However, a guy who is touting himself as being greater than Megatron ought handle himself more like Jim Brown or Barry Sanders, who just handed the ball to the officials. The psychological message to opponents is: this pay dirt hasn't seen the last of me or I'll be back in the end zone real soon again, ya hear? or I'll be here all day!
Sure, I get that. But ...... what would *you* do? Would you hand it off to the ref? Cuz that's cool if you would. I would just spike old men in the face. That would kinda be my thing.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
But that's Danny's thing. You should one up him and look for people in wheelchairs to push over. THAT would be unique.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Faceplant said:
But that's Danny's thing. You should one up him and look for people in wheelchairs to push over. THAT would be unique.
That's just one-upsmanship. I don't wanna do that.

Maybe I could pants a referee everytime I scored. That would be kinda cool.

jap

Legend
X said:
Faceplant said:

Yeah, right!!! :cheese: I know you're clowning here but you would be out of the league in a nanosecond after the first ref pants-ing. Refs and officials in general represent the authority of the league, and no sports league takes kindly to being insulted by players.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jap said:
X said:
Faceplant said:

Yeah, right!!! :cheese: I know you're clowning here but you would be out of the league in a nanosecond after the first ref pants-ing. Refs and officials in general represent the authority of the league, and no sports league takes kindly to being insulted by players.
Meh. I'd still do it once. Just to say I did it. :hehe:
Immortalized on YouTube. That would be my goal.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
jap said:
X said:
jap said:

Yeah - I can see the spike after a TD. But the dancing and "look at what I just did" antics after every DECENT play got old for me immediately. Hell you now have players stomping on anyone still on the ground because they can't wait to do their little show. I don't need to see that. I'll rewatch someone getting blown up on a play or a great run, INT, reception - whatever. But this "I gotta come up with my own celebration" every time I do what I'm being paid millions to do, is just lame IMO.

bluecoconuts

Legend
In hockey I had pretty low key celebrations. Football was similar really. Other than really big scores did I do something more. I got in a lot of shit for doing the sniper to the goalie with my stick once. But he was talking a lot of shit, and it was a beautiful snipe in OT.

Always fun times though.