Titus Young arrested for battery

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...g-another-felony-charge?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Former Detroit Lions wide receiver Titus Young has been arrested again in connection with one felony charge and four misdemeanor charges.

The 24-year-old Young was arrested on July 9 at 10 a.m. and as of Monday evening was being held at the Twin Towers Correctional Facility in Los Angeles with a bail amount of $105,000.

Young is facing one count of battery with serious bodily injury, a felony, and four counts of battery on school, park or hospital property -- all misdemeanors. This arrest was first reported by USA Today.

Sarah Ardalani, a spokesperson for the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office said Young was initially supposed to be arraigned on July 10, but the case was continued until Monday. It was not clear whether or not he was arraigned Monday or the case was continued again.

Young had previously been arrested and charged in 2013 in Orange County, California, for a burglary that led to four felony charges and seven misdemeanor charges. In Riverside County, California, he was arrested twice in one day on May 5, 2013 for driving under the influence and then trying to steal his car from a tow yard.

The former Boise State football player was the No. 44 pick of the 2011 draft by the Detroit Lions. In his two years with Detroit, he played in 26 games, making 81 catches for 990 yards and 10 touchdowns.

Young was released by Detroit in February 2013. The St. Louis Rams claimed him off waivers but he was released by the team shortly after.

I am shocked - SHOCKED - that this fine young man was arrested.

Seriously - it's a shame that he was so unwilling to take his meds. It's cost him his career, and probably a lengthy time in prison now.

A55VA6

Legend
It's sad to see. He needs some serious help. He's young enough to turn his life around.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He has a mental illness. I hope he gets help.

Has he been diagnosed with something or is this still speculation from the Detroit days. Maybe he's just a punk ass mofo....

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'd be surprised if he has that much laying around, these days.

Maybe his family does...but in this case (not Josh Gordon), I'd definitely recommend they let that kid sit in there, and learn his lesson. That way he may take advantage and get the help (medication?) he needs...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Has he been diagnosed with something or is this still speculation from the Detroit days. Maybe he's just a punk ass mofo....

Doesn't he scream, "I'm just a little too crazy" and needs some type of help? Serious mental stuff with a guy, who prior to 2012, wasn't breaking laws......You know, Hipa stuff, he doesn't have to tell.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Maybe his family does...but in this case (not Josh Gordon), I'd definitely recommend they let that kid sit in there, and learn his lesson. That way he may take advantage and get the help (medication?) he needs...

Hopefully just so he can live a normal life. A come back seems like a long shot.

I sure we have him on speed dial when if he gets the help he needs. *blue font*

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Doesn't he scream, "I'm just a little too crazy" and needs some type of help? Serious mental stuff with a guy, who prior to 2012, wasn't breaking laws......You know, Hipa stuff, he doesn't have to tell.

He was a punk in college according to a few articles I read about him when the Rams brought him in...... So there is a multi year history of him being a POS and I have no sympathy for his sorry ass excuse for a human.

RamzFanz

Damnit
He was a punk in college according to a few articles I read about him when the Rams brought him in...... So there is a multi year history of him being a POS and I have no sympathy for his sorry ass excuse for a human.

Mental illness will make people do crazy shit. I've seen it first hand in my family. It doesn't make them bad people. You'd be amazed what a little chemical correction can do for people.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://nesn.com/2013/05/titus-young...-brain-disorder-is-not-taking-his-medication/

The story of Titus Young being arrested three times in a week, including twice in one day, is surely a sad one. Perhaps unsurprisingly, according to Young’s father, these incidents are due to a cognitive disorder that the former Detroit Lions wide receiver suffers from. According to The Detroit News, Richard Young said his son has a disorder where his brain is compressed into the front of his skull — a condition he could not recall the proper name for. Richard says that on Friday he took Titus out for coffee, and his son was behaving well. However, later in the day Titus told Richard he was going to his car to get his phone, and ended up driving off instead. That immediately preceded Titus Young’s third arrest, in which he broke into a home in San Clemente, Calif. “We knew that something had happened to him or he was locked up again,” Richard Young said. “His mind is not capable enough to go out and deal with society because of this situation.” Moreover, Richard Young is also making claims that the Lions did not treat Titus’ health properly. He says Titus’ disposition changed after suffering a concussion during his rookie season, but the Lions never listed the hit as an official injury. Titus Young has received some treatment for his disorder, although apparently he hasn’t stuck to it. Beyond declining to follow up with outpatient care, Titus Young has not been taking prescribed medication to deal with the issue, which could explain his recent outbursts. “He’s not dealing with it the way he should be,” Richard Young said. “If the judge gives him a court order, then maybe he’ll get the help he needs.”

This is from over a year ago, after the Rams had cut him. I think it's pretty likely that he has some sort of mental issue - unfortunately sometimes it's hard to get the patient to actually take the medications needed in that circumstance.

I had a college roommate who ended up being hauled off to a mental hospital during finals week sophomore year. I kept in touch with him, visited - but after years of treatment he ended up going off the meds for a while, and called me up going on about the same hallucinatory fantasies he had 5 years before. He got back on the meds and realized his mistake - but that was only after being forced several times to take them until they worked.

So I guess I feel sympathy for Titus - although I feel more sympathy for whomever he assaulted.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Wow this is people trying to label him with a disorder because they have to put a name to it. How about he's bought into the Hip Hop thug life and doesn't' give a %$&^. I present you exhibit A, B,C, and D as proof.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I never want to throw stones as I am not perfect. If there really is a mental issue than you have to wonder why the kid won't take his meds. If there is help to give you can only hope he takes it and cares enough to get help. Based on my experience, which is limited he still understands right and wrong in most situations so he should be congnizant enough to know to take his meds.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
His brain is pushed to far info the front of his skull?

And pops doesn't remember what that is?

I call bullshit on this.

The guy just seems like a dickhead. Eff him, may some time in jail will work better than what everyone else has been trying since that shit clearly isn't working lol.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
No sympathy. He had his chances, didn't take advantage. People would LOVE to have his football talents, such a shame he's letting them go to waist.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
His brain is pushed to far info the front of his skull?

And pops doesn't remember what that is?

I call bullcrap on this.

The guy just seems like a dickhead. Eff him, may some time in jail will work better than what everyone else has been trying since that crap clearly isn't working lol.
Yeah, I have to think that if a close family member suffered from such a condition, I'd have it memorized... simply because I'd be unable to stop thinking about it.