Time to talk about the 2016 NFL Draft..

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ha!:gtfo:

Well, only because it's the bye, and our draft pick will be in the 20's
I am thinking that it may be time to let a good dependable player go in Chris Long. I sure hope my idea is right, in that we can get some Post Season success for him before he goes. Second one that need to go is Cook, and no explanation is needed there.. I'm a BPA guy that picks for need only when comparable value is there between two or more players, so keep that in mind when I say we need a Number One WR, almost more important than any other position. I alos think we need to be mindful of Chris Long's replacement, wherever. We need a complete Tight End (maybe in place of the WR in the 1st round if an elite guy is there). The tease of Jared Cook has driven us crazy, so he needs to go. I would alson like a potential replacement for James Laurenitus if he's there.....Just spit balling here..Any ideas on actual players?

Rams43

Hall of Fame
This next draft is reportedly loaded at WR, DE, and TE.

A perfect match for our current perceived needs, huh?

AND we have 4 picks in the top 3 rounds, including two very valuable 2nds. Even our 3rd rounder should be in the neighborhood of the 80th best player in a rich draft.

So one would think that we should come out of Day Two in verrrrry good shape, indeed.

Hot damn!

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I'd take a TE in the mid-20's. You should be able to get the top guy at that position in the draft there. Something like...

1 - Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas
2a - Dan Voltz, C, Wisconsin
2b - Anthony Zettel, DE, Penn State
3 - Travin Dural, WR, LSU

Yeah. I'd take that.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Please use the College Football forum for draft talk and discussion about college players.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-order-and-needs-for-teams-off-to-slow-starts
19. St. Louis Rams
2015 record: 2-3 (.640)
Top need: Wide receiver
Other needs: Defensive end, defensive tackle, center
Senior prospects at positional needs: WR: D.J. Foster (Arizona State), Sterling Shepard (Oklahoma), Josh Doctson (TCU); DE: DeForest Buckner (Oregon), Shilique Calhoun (Michigan State), Shawn Oakman (Baylor); DT: Sheldon Day (Notre Dame), Jarran Reed (Alabama), Adolphus Washington (Ohio State); Center: Nick Martin (Notre Dame), Mike Matthews (Texas A&M).
Analysis: Another year, another draft in which the Rams need to find a wide receiver they can build their passing game around because that guy doesn't appear to be on the roster -- still. Chris Long's contract number for 2016 could price him out of a job, but even if it doesn't the Rams could use depth at the defensive end spot. Finding inexpensive depth at defensive tackle and competition at the center spot could also be on the Rams' checklist.
A fucking men.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I agree on Oakman being a potential fit in the middle of the first round, he is a physical freak and could be the rde of the future. This seems like a bad year for wr and te which are needs for the rams. Really at this point the rams are in a position to truly take the best player available.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
WR seems the logical first round fit. If Foles doesn't rebound, however, all bets are off for QB -- although as a Pac12 hater I cringe at any Goff possibility. As far as DT being listed as a need, it might just be Fisher's reputation of loving first round d-line? Or because Fairley is on a prove-it contract and isn't proving it so far -- but agreed that the Rams would probably look to Westbrook or LTP before the draft. I too hope it's a late round pick and the Rams have turned over the roster now to the point they can stop trying to be cute on some "development" picks and draft more like established teams do -- see how the Steelers somehow always end up getting some well-known prospect that falls to them.

Stel

Starter
I'd take a TE in the mid-20's. You should be able to get the top guy at that position in the draft there. Something like...

1 - Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas
2a - Dan Voltz, C, Wisconsin
2b - Anthony Zettel, DE, Penn State
3 - Travin Dural, WR, LSU

Yeah. I'd take that.

I think 1st round is too high for Henry. Like him, but not earlier than the 2nd. Also like Vannett out of Ohio State after round 2.

If we make a change at center, I'd look at exchanging one Missouri center for another. Evan Boehm of Missouri will be a plug and play center. Not as athletic as some but may be the strongest most experienced center in the draft. Started every game at LG as a freshman, moved to center for the last three years. People may go around him sometimes but almost never through him. Former state champion heavyweight wrestler and discus thrower. Highly rated OG out of high school. A good fit for a team that wants to run a lot.

Love Zettel. One of those guys who can play end and move inside, too.

Memphis Ram

Legend
If the Rams win enough games, they might need another top rated player to get injured, fail a drug test, or get arrested to get their hands on them.:whistle:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If the Rams win enough games, they might need another top rated player to get injured, fail a drug test, or get arrested to get their hands on them.:whistle:

That seems to be the way of it.

I still cannot believe that they passed on La'el Collins. So out of character for Fisher/Snead

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't think this draft was particularly great for WR's or TE's from what I have been told and read.

It's not nearly as loaded at WR as past years...but I'm not sure it's weak. We'll have to wait and see how things flesh out.

Personally, I think this might be a good draft to go after a QB of the future. Then again, I don't think that's Mannion.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It's not nearly as loaded at WR as past years...but I'm not sure it's weak. We'll have to wait and see how things flesh out.

Personally, I think this might be a good draft to go after a QB of the future. Then again, I don't think that's Mannion.

Even though Mannion has looked decent in camp, I would still take a QB if he graded out better. But I don't think Fisher and Snead would even if a good one was staring them in the face on draft day. I get the impression that they don't like using draft picks on QBs.