Time to give credit its due

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Schottenheimer is scheming one hell of an offense for this team. I guess I never really put much stock into what Jets fans were saying about him, because that's just what they do over there. But here, now, I'm seeing a lot more movement of the ball and some pretty wide open attacks lately. Especially today. It was speculated before the game that he should spread out the offense in order to spread out that 3-4 Haslett defense, and that's exactly what he did.

And yeah, I guess an off-season helps a little.

But good freaking job overall, Schotty.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yep, I always figured he'd be good. He's not super high profile so I don't think there's a worry about him jumping ship in the next two years to become a HC either, so that makes it a great hire. Jets fans tried to blame him for everything when it was really just Sanchez being a bad QB in my opinion. Schotty is a big reason for the Jets going to those AFC Championship games. Their loss is our gain though, I like what he's done the past two weeks. He's letting Bradford run some no huddle as well, which is a strength of his as well, it's nice to see.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Its been so fun to watch. I thought we would be a run-heavy team early on, but we've been pretty balanced so far. Its funny how Schotty, Mulligan, and Hunter were three guys Jets fans didnt like so much, and its been a different story for them here.

I think its gonna be interesting to see how teams defend Amendola now. I dont have a good memory of how they did in 2010 as he became Sam's favorite weapon. Plus, its really nice to see Steve Smith have a solid game (3 catches, 5 targets), Gibson continues to look good, oh and we get Pettis back next week!

bluecoconuts

Legend
Towards the end of the year teams were sticking some of their best coverage guys on Amendola if I remember correctly. If we can have the rest of our receivers playing well it can be really hard for opposing defenses. We'll need Quick and Givens to start contributing, because Gibby and Amendola wont be able to do it all by themselves. Kendricks hasn't been getting many balls, but he's also hanging onto them which is good. I think that'll bring his confidence up. With Pettis returning that should give the offense a bit of a boost (Bradford seems to trust him) going against the Bears so if they just try to key in on Amendola we'll have other options. Chicago wont be easy though with their defense, so Long and Quinn better be having regular meeting with Jay Cutler in the backfield.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
bluecoconuts said:
Towards the end of the year teams were sticking some of their best coverage guys on Amendola if I remember correctly. If we can have the rest of our receivers playing well it can be really hard for opposing defenses. We'll need Quick and Givens to start contributing, because Gibby and Amendola wont be able to do it all by themselves. Kendricks hasn't been getting many balls, but he's also hanging onto them which is good. I think that'll bring his confidence up. With Pettis returning that should give the offense a bit of a boost (Bradford seems to trust him) going against the Bears so if they just try to key in on Amendola we'll have other options. Chicago wont be easy though with their defense, so Long and Quinn better be having regular meeting with Jay Cutler in the backfield.

Im actually fine with them developing for now, getting limited snaps, and just bringing them along slowly. The veteran WRs have stepped up so far. If Gibson wasnt contributing, then I would probably be calling for them to play more. Id love to see Steve Smith gain more chemistry with Bradford even if that means less playing time for the rookies, and im really excited to see Pettis return.