Time to Bring in Other Kickers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
And as we speak, Dawson hooks one to the left against DA RAIDUHHHHZZZZ
Well....
donaldtrumpyourefired.jpg
Dawson!

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Shawn Hill lost us the game against SD, time to bring in another QB.

Every player has a few bad plays. But I think the field had something to do with it on that extra point, and then his confidence went after that. The way to bring his confidence back isn't to bring in another kicker.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
woa stop. I'd be the first to jump up and throw someone out for constantly playing shitty but this was a one time thing I believe. FIRST off that field is absolute shit! even the skins fan sitting next to me said it after the second miss. I go home and put on the recording and the announcers are talking about the crappy field possibly getting into his head.

you don't bring in a kicker to 'compete' after one bad game when the guy put up 5 FGs and 3 from 50+ two weeks prior. that says "we don't have confidence in you". no instead you look him in the eye and say "I trust you and I know it won't happen again"

happens again THEN you act.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, he missed an extra point because of a wet field, great! He has not kicked well this year, that's a fact. Let's see how he bounces back, but IMO, I'm tired of his inconsistently and you can't miss 28 yard field goals, you just can't!

The majority of kickers are inconsistent. It is what it is.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The majority of kickers are inconsistent. It is what it is.

Well, the only thing we've been able to rely on this year is the unreliability of Greg Zuerlein!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Actually, you can miss easy kicks. We see it happen quite often. Let's just see how the rest of the season shakes out before we call it quits with the guy. He might have more games like the Denver game than this one, and my money is on that.

ARZ missed an easy one, it was potentially huge

jap

Legend
Nope IMO he was having trouble with the footing on that field ,corrected it made all of them second half , sign of a pro.

As I pointed out on the game thread, the footing was bad in spots of the field. Some of the Rams players made uncharacteristic slips earlier in the game. For a kicker who's game always depends on sure footing to plant and drive the ball with authority, confidence in footing is key. The Leg will break the NFL's longest FG record as a Horn.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Once upon a time there was a perfect kicker. Gary Anderson did not miss any kick in 1998. And then with 2:18 left in the NFC Championship, he lined up for a chip shot 38-yard FG to put the Vikings up by 10 and go on to the Super Bowl.

The perfect kicker missed.

The Vikings then promptly let Atlanta tie the game and lost in OT. The perfect kicker killed their Super Bowl dream.

Take away from this what you will. Maybe it's that no kicker is perfect, maybe it means nothing. For me the lesson is you don't judge kickers on how they just performed, you judge them on how confident you are they will make their *next* kick. I still have complete confidence in GZ, I think the Rams do, too.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
Yeah, he missed an extra point because of a wet field, great! He has not kicked well this year, that's a fact. Let's see how he bounces back, but IMO, I'm tired of his inconsistently and you can't miss 28 yard field goals, you just can't!

You're losing it Dude. Even Marshal Faulk had a bad day or two. GZ is one of the best kickers in the league and we're lucky to have him. Lighten up, Francis.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
GZ has had an up and down season. 75% of the Kickers in the NFL are doing better than him at this stage of the season. He will have to improve his consistency to remain a starter in this league. Let's hope he dials it in and locks it in before too long.

moklerman

Warner-phile
GZ has had an up and down season. 75% of the Kickers in the NFL are doing better than him at this stage of the season. He will have to improve his consistency to remain a starter in this league. Let's hope he dials it in and locks it in before too long.
That's what Legatron is right now...a 75% kicker. Which isn't particularly good and it isn't because he's got a lot of long attempts and shouldn't have been expected to make them.

Until further notice, he is Greg Rackers. Or Neil Zuerlein. Incredible leg strength but always an adventure regardless of distance.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The only reason to bring other guys in is to potentially replace him, so no overreaction on L4's part.
Not true at all those kicks today were ridiculously easy some pressure of having to fight for his job could be a great motivational tool. H has a problem and should feel he is irreplaceable.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
GZ isn't great.
But he isn't horrible either.
And he has plenty of time to gain consistency.

Remember, he came in as raw as any kicker I can remember.
He has a hell of a leg but is sometimes inconsistent. I think it's fixable.

He lost his footing on the opening kick off, I don't think he trusted his steps till the second half.
Not a big deal imo.
Maybe most kickers don't miss as often as he has this year. But most kickers don't go for or make as many 52 plus yarders either.

I don't believe it's an issue of drive or concentration or lack of competitive spirit, therefore I see no benefit in bringing in another kicker.
A shrink? Maybe. A kicker? Nah.