Time Outs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramon Ram

Starter
If you look back at my posts over the years one of my biggest beefs with the Rams has always been our clock management. I'm talking about getting to the line of scrimmage during 2 minute drill and time out management.

As much as I love love McVay, I'm getting tired of the time out management. Yes I know he had to burn one there at the 4 yard line but it seems like every game we are down 1 or 2 timeouts early in each half.

Get that fixed please Sean.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
That last one looks like he was pointing to his mic.... I am guessing communication issues there, but yes he needs,to get better there..and red zone playcalling. Twice running on 2nd and 4

Ramon Ram

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There ya go can't even challenge with no time outs left.

Case closed !

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
He needs to streamline his gameplan and Goff has to keep an eye out on the clock

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
There ya go can't even challenge with no time outs left.

Case closed !
I’ll be more concerned if this keeps happening next season. We have a bunch of new parts on offense to go along with a rookie head coach.

bluecoconuts

Legend
He'll learn as he gets more experience, I'm not worried yet, it's part of the process. This entire team is learning and growing together.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Screenshot_1.jpg

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
If you look back at my posts over the years one of my biggest beefs with the Rams has always been our clock management. I'm talking about getting to the line of scrimmage during 2 minute drill and time out management.

As much as I love love McVay, I'm getting tired of the time out management. Yes I know he had to burn one there at the 4 yard line but it seems like every game we are down 1 or 2 timeouts early in each half.

We don't always need a negative thread I mean yes we had timeout issues in 1st half but rectified it and had outstanding management for rest of game just enjoy 5-2 under a ROOKIE HEAD COACH

jap

Legend
I’ll be more concerned if this keeps happening next season. We have a bunch of new parts on offense to go along with a rookie head coach.

Rookie head coach and play caller, practically a 'rookie' QB, lots of young players on the NFL's second youngest team = lots of time outs that a more veteran team wouldn't call.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He makes a good point.
I mean if we used time outs properly we’d probably be 5-2 now!!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He needs to streamline his gameplan and Goff has to keep an eye out on the clock

I hesitate to blame Goff. It seems like we aren't getting the plays in on time. Goff seems acutely aware of the clock when we get up to the LOS with more than 10 seconds left.

But I do agree with @Ramon Ram that it's frustrating to watch us burn through timeouts. That all said, there's no such thing as the perfect coach. If that's the most we can complain about with McVay, he's doing well for himself.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
For the first time in years, I couldn’t watch the Rams game today. Apparently, the main takeaway from the game is that they still tend to burn timeouts...disappointing.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
For the first time in years, I couldn’t watch the Rams game today. Apparently, the main takeaway from the game is that they still tend to burn timeouts...disappointing.

Well if you not watching leads to the Rams winning by shutout? Well, brother, you gonna have to take one for the team. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I mean, I can't have a birthday every Sunday. I'm not some Russian Oligarch, ya know?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Hey Ramon, are you by any chance the Ramon that runs that LA Rams facebook page?