Thoughts on TG30 in the Pro Bowl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I'm excited to see Gurley in the Pro Bowl but I'm also going to be nervous the whole time. If he gets hurt in a meaningless game I'm going to lose it. He's a competitor and he wants to play but I'm on the fence on whether I even want him to go. Is it even worth him participating?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I just think it is something the players should do. These guys get injured more in the off season that the do in the ProBowl IIRR. There should be some strict rules in place on how you can hit a player. This is potentially one reason I hate the mixing it up between AFC and NFC on the same team. It would allow a division foe to take a hard shot on one of our players. And personally, I wouldn't put that past Arians or Carol and to be fair, maybe even our own Williams.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Why even play the game ??? Senseless to me...Worthless as well...It's not a football game, it's the players' price of admission for a free trip to Hawaii, which they can all easily afford...

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I was hoping when he sat out the last game that he would skip the ProBowl, myself. But he has earned it - if he wants it, then I want it for him.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
He's earned it so he should play its not meaningless to him.Hopefully he'll be forced to sit out in the coming years due to Superbowl commitment.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am glad he was voted in.

But, put me in the camp they scrap the game and move toward skills competitions.

That might not happen until someone gets hurt playing in the pro bowl however. Which is unfortunate.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
rz0mWnfK_normal.jpg
Los Angeles Rams (@RamsNFL)
1/27/16, 8:15 PM
It's Gurley vs. Donald at the #ProBowl

@TG3II was just drafted by @michaelirvin88! #TeamIrvinpic.twitter.com/2g8L3Dwu5j

Download the Twitter app

Sent from my iPhone

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, that sucks. I would hate to see AD tackling TG3 Justin Forsett style.

Gurley is a much bigger boy than Forsett. Don't get me wrong I don't think anybody really stands much of a chance when Donald gets his hands on them. But if TG3 has a head of steam even Aaron wouldn't have fun tackling him. Should be interesting to watch them two go at it.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I was thinking about this the other day. It would just be our luck if both TG and AD got hurt in this game. Let's just not think about it and watch them both dominate!

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
The Pro Bowl doesn't make sense to me. I don't want any of the Ram's talent taking any more collisions than necessary. I too want a skills competition. Let guys show off their athleticism and personality without their body taking a toll.

jjab360

Legend
As far as the chances of an injury though, I'm not worried about it. The NFL typically does everything they can to keep their stars safe in a meaningless game like this.

I can't recall the last time a player was seriously injured in the Pro Bowl..

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
i guess you can say i'm one of the few that likes the new Pro Bowl rules and the game itself - it allows great players to be recognized that are not on the All-Pro list. There are incentives to be offensive and defensive MVP, and it's still football, so i will watch it because there is one more game after that before the long offseason.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Remember this one? The NFL stopped this rookie beach bowl soon after.

Freak injury during 1999 Rookie Beach Bowl. First round draft pick for the New England Patriots Robert Edwards destroys his knee and I got it on film. He goes up for a pass against Rookies Charles Woodson and R.W. McQuarters and comes down with a horribly hyper extended knee. Not only did it end his incredibly promissing career, doctors nearly had to amputate his lower leg.