Thoughts on Kiser, Price, Scales and Ebukam?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I think these guys are solid pieces at linebacker who will be effective and reliable playing to their strengths while masking their weaknesses thanks to our trenches and secondary; Kiser will help in 3rd and short situations with his gap discipline on run defense and Price will be lethal in 3rd and long passing situations. However, it would still be preferable to have linebackers with broad skillsets but fortunately the D-line and secondary can manipulate the flow of opposing offenses to put our linebackers in a position to succeed.

fearsomefour

Legend
Easley and Longacre starting at OLB (assumption on my part) should help with setting the edge and containing....Easley in particular.
Inside Barron and Wilson are my guess as starters.
With Samson, Price, Littleton, Hagar and who ever else might fill out the depth it is an interesting group. We may well see different "starters" week to week or different packages subbed in. Two or three LBs subbing in together for certain situations.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Easley and Longacre starting at OLB (assumption on my part) should help with setting the edge and containing....Easley in particular.
With Samson, Price, Littleton, Hagar and who ever else might fill out the depth it is an interesting group. We may well see different "starters" week to week or different packages subbed in. Two or three LBs subbing in together for certain situations.
fearsome you really think Wilson is going to start on the inside? So Littleton is going to be a backup? I would think that would be huge shock.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
What happens to Ebukam in the scenario? Cut?

fearsomefour

Legend
fearsome you really think Wilson is going to start on the inside? So Littleton is going to be a backup? I would think that would be huge shock.
Don't know.
I think they will both get time.
I'm only basing that on what I have seen in preseason....but haven't really been "studying" the LBs.

fearsomefour

Legend
What happens to Ebukam in the scenario? Cut?
No, depth and a pass rusher.
He hasn't shown much this preseason (either has Easley or Longacre either of course)....but he hasn't been 100% healthy either.
The issue I see Samson having sometimes is setting the edge....it would stand to reason Easley would excel in this.
But a rotation of Easley, Longacre and Samson looks good to me.

fearsomefour

Legend
littleton has been rested with the starters and played with the starters. he's the starter.

I keep seeing Wilson in there.
Maybe I am confusing them, wouldn't be the first time.
That's good news really as it gives decent depth with Wilson.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
No, depth and a pass rusher.
He hasn't shown much this preseason (either has Easley or Longacre either of course)....but he hasn't been 100% healthy either.
The issue I see Samson having sometimes is setting the edge....it would stand to reason Easley would excel in this.
But a rotation of Easley, Longacre and Samson looks good to me.
Ok. You didn't list him as your starters or your backups. How many LBs do 3-4 teams normally keep? 9 seems like 1 too many to me.

fearsomefour

Legend
Ok. You didn't list him as your starters or your backups. How many LBs do 3-4 teams normally keep? 9 seems like 1 too many to me.
He's the first depth guy I listed. I use Samson because I can't remember how to spell his last name.
With all the youth I could see the Rams keep a lot of LBs actually.