Thoughts on Kiser, Price, Scales and Ebukam?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Seems like going into the Draft the Rams LB position was definitely a major position of concern! But, with the way it sounds how Kiser, Price, Scales and Ebukam are playing and practicing this preseason along with the vets Littleton, Barron and Hager the Rams LB might be just fine (Hopefully, For many years!) and quite possibly maybe much better than just fine! But, I am curious if anyone who has actually seen Kiser, Price, Scales and Ebukam this preseason can give some thoughts/opinions on these players. Any chance all 4 make the final 53 roster? Any chance Kiser wins a starting job with the Rams anytime soon?

The Rams Defense should be Unreal this Season!!!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I hope all four of them make the roster, along with Lawler and Young. Howard is someone else I want to see, but at safety.

And let's not forget about Ramik Wilson. He's opened a lot of eyes.

I think Hager struggles to make the roster.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ebukam looks good. I think he could have a really nice year for us. Something along the lines of 50-60 tackles and 6-8 sacks. Price is still a very dangerous pass rusher, but I'm not sure he can consistently handle the running game responsibilities. Kiser looks great when blitzing or coming downhill to stuff the run. He's looked passable in coverage (better in zone than man). Has had some lapses when defending the run horizontally. I think he makes the team as the last ILB behind Littleton, Barron, Wilson, and Hager. He's not ready to start imo. I don't think Scales will make the team.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
I’d like to see Kiser, Price and Scales against the ones to see how they would do instead of against the threes. Very good competition and the Rams defense might be very, very stingy.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Ebukam looks good. I think he could have a really nice year for us. Something along the lines of 50-60 tackles and 6-8 sacks. Price is still a very dangerous pass rusher, but I'm not sure he can consistently handle the running game responsibilities. Kiser looks great when blitzing or coming downhill to stuff the run. He's looked passable in coverage (better in zone than man). Has had some lapses when defending the run horizontally. I think he makes the team as the last ILB behind Littleton, Barron, Wilson, and Hager. He's not ready to start imo. I don't think Scales will make the team.

I disagree on Scales. I think he's shown enough on special teams and defense to replace Hager, who is a lot slower and less agile than Scales.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Really?? I think he's looked great through these 3 games. Always around the ball and making stops.

He has, but I honestly think that Scales - who has stood out in a good way in every game - replaces him. And he's fighting against Kiser, Wilson, Littleton, and Barron, along with Scales.

I like Hager, but he's at the end of his contract, so that's another reason why I think that a long-term replacement like Scales wins the job.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I disagree on Scales. I think he's shown enough on special teams and defense to replace Hager, who is a lot slower and less agile than Scales.

Hager has played quite well this preseason in all aspects of the game. He's also one of our best special teams players. Hager isn't going anywhere. Scales has had a lot of lapses on defense. He's guessing wrong and getting caught out of position.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Hager has played quite well this preseason in all aspects of the game. He's also one of our best special teams players. Hager isn't going anywhere. Scales has had a lot of lapses on defense. He's guessing wrong and getting caught out of position.

But on special teams, I think that Scales has more potential than Hager, and has shown up. Just my honest opinion.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Bryce Hager has been the best LB'er on the field in pre season. He has never missed a ggame in 3 seasons. He is our #3 inside Lb'er.

Tegray Scales did not play on the defense today but we saw Travin Howard for the first time in the 2nd half. I am not high On Ramik Wilson & think Micah Kiser has a much higher ceiling.

Justin Lawler had a big number of snaps today & was very consistent. Ryan Davis never saw the field after being injured. Ejuan Price had a good game is a far more pass rusher than setting the edge. Price is sure to get more playing time next week..

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But on special teams, I think that Scales has more potential than Hager, and has shown up. Just my honest opinion.

Hager is a great special teamer. I doubt Scales can surpass him this year on STs, if ever. Hager has outplayed Scales. It's not surprising. Hager is a vet who knows where he needs to be. Scales is still learning. If Scales doesn't make the team, we can always put him on the PS.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Hager is a great special teamer. I doubt Scales can surpass him this year on STs, if ever. Hager has outplayed Scales. It's not surprising. Hager is a vet who knows where he needs to be. Scales is still learning. If Scales doesn't make the team, we can always put him on the PS.

I'm just worried that Scales and Howard get plucked off of the practice squad. That's the reason why I want to see Howard at safety.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm just worried that Scales and Howard get plucked off of the practice squad. That's the reason why I want to see Howard at safety.

If it happens, it happens. That's what happens to good teams. Sometimes, you have to cut a guy who can contribute elsewhere.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I hope all four of them make the roster, along with Lawler and Young. Howard is someone else I want to see, but at safety.

And let's not forget about Ramik Wilson. He's opened a lot of eyes.

I think Hager struggles to make the roster.
Hager makes the roster before any of those players do in my opinion

Memento

Name
Jemma
If it happens, it happens. That's what happens to good teams. Sometimes, you have to cut a guy who can contribute elsewhere.

True. I can't believe that we're at a point where most of our cut players will make the rosters of other teams. It's amazing that we're in that position, and give credit to Les Snead and the scouting staff for sniffing out players who can contribute.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
This is a great position to finally be in again. So often in the past, WE were the ones trolling for talent.:yess:

jjab360

Legend
Littleton looks like a guy who's playmaking ability will translate from STs to defense. Barron is Barron. I trust Ramik and Kiser coming of the bench. We're surprisingly set at ILB imo.

Easley looks like a surprise at OLB, but that's a good way to get all your most explosive D linemen on the field at once. The depth is there with Westbrooks and JFW. This pass rush will be devastating if AD ever shows up.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Littleton looks like a guy who's playmaking ability will translate from STs to defense. Barron is Barron. I trust Ramik and Kiser coming of the bench. We're surprisingly set at ILB imo.

Easley looks like a surprise at OLB, but that's a good way to get all your most explosive D linemen on the field at once. The depth is there with Westbrooks and JFW. This pass rush will be devastating if AD ever shows up.
Westbrooks looks very good. I think Suh, Brockers, Ebukam, Westbrooks and Easley would be a top Dline anyway. Adding Donald is just gravy.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Westbrooks looks very good. I think Suh, Brockers, Ebukam, Westbrooks and Easley would be a top Dline anyway. Adding Donald is just gravy.
Gravy?? I'd say it's like adding a full blown gourmet seven course meal!