Thoughts On Coming Roster Cuts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Safeties/Nickle: I placed the Nickle cb position in here with the safeties. Wade thus far this pre season has used his FS's (Countess/Joyner/John Johnson/Cody Davis) as has 5th DB Nickel. No need for any WWC Nickel-Back. SS Mo Alexander has not looked sharp in pre season. The reserve SS's are all UDFA's with Marqui Christian as the most seen & active. We could see rookie Johnson get more action here the next 2 gms.The FS cadre is far more talented & fat. I see no need for the Rams to scrape the WWC release pot to add a player here.

Outside CB: This is another unit that has seen players coming & going is @ outside corners. This outside corner unit would be my first selection as an area that we can see the Rams looking for a WWC. @ the moment this cadre has a core 4 player unit Johnson/Webster/NRC/Jordan.

Strangely enough even though I look at the CB depth chart and it concerns me a little bit (still) in actual game action the CB position has outperformed the safeties. Not going to nuke preseason game film or anything but there have been a bunch of instances where guys seemed to be late and/or otherwise looked slow in reacting to the play in the deep middle.

So if I had to guess which positions the Rams internally are concerned with on defense my guess is safety is way up there (guy who can play the deep middle with some instincts). And yes that means we should see more of Johnson in the next two games as they prepare for the cut downs and try to solidify where they're looking for help. On offense of course my guess is OL. But just like you see with the draft, the cut downs will also be about which guys they like and whether they think they might upgrade the roster, so we could see a surprise or two in who they go after.