This UCLA QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Since we're talking about young QBs, I gotta say that Will Grier was highly impressive for UF. McElwain developed Garrett Grayson and it looks like he's at it again with Grier. Grier kind of reminded me of a young Mark Brunell...before Brunell injured his knees. Surprising mobility, a good arm, and great timing on his throws.

Drew Lock looks legit. And he's got great mobility for being 6'4.

I think MU will have something special at QB and he'll start sooner than later.

Surprising that they don't give him the nod over Mauk. Mauk is terrible.

18 years old and after two quarters "the Chosen Rosen" already looks like the real deal.

I thought it's, "The Rosen One?" ;)

FRO

Legend
Since we're talking about young QBs, I gotta say that Will Grier was highly impressive for UF. McElwain developed Garrett Grayson and it looks like he's at it again with Grier. Grier kind of reminded me of a young Mark Brunell...before Brunell injured his knees. Surprising mobility, a good arm, and great timing on his throws.

After watching Grayson a lot last year, I think it's only a matter of time before Florida becomes relevant again. They got themselves a very good coach. If I were an offensive prospect who wanted to go pro Florida would be near the top of my list.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame

Yeah, I screwed that one up, just came up with my own version I guess, haha.

spamlord

Rookie

Speaking of young QBs--did you watch the North Dakota State/Montana game?
Both QBs impressed me - Carson Wentz, and up-until-today-no-name 6' 7" , 235 LB Brady Gustafson (a Soph?) for the Griz. Gustafson ran the fast-pace offense quite well. He guaranteed has an NFL arm--gunned a few that I thought were outstanding.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
He's got loads of talent. More than Gabbert. He's more like Daniel, but with a big arm and a big body that can actually move around for a pocket guy.

MM is just putrid and Pinkel is loyal to a fault.

Gabbert had loads of talent, just Shit for brains.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
What the hell has happened to him?

Hackenburg had a great thing going with O'Brien and the two TE offense. He had a decent Oline to protect him and a great WR. But with sanctions O'Brien had scholarship limits and didn't recruit any good Olinemen, then he left. Even highly rated Oline recruits need time to get bigger and stronger. They had to play 4 freshmen.

Last year and this Hackenburg has had no time to throw. His Oline was terrible. And he had no running game. He has talented WRs but cannot get them the ball. When he does have time to throw he either rushes it or holds onto the ball too long. He can't find a rhythm. But he still makes some beautiful throws too.

He has been asking for more control of the offense since Franklin arrived and they finally gave him what he wanted last week. He made two great audibles to run plays that we're big gainers. He is smart and still an NFL prospect, but he has to overcome hearing the footsteps. That is not so easy to do when the pass blocking sucks.

He finally has some help now. Saquon Barkeley is a true Freshman runningback and he looks like the best thing PSU has had since Kijana Carter. Teams will have to respect the running game, which should keep them from all out blitzing and the same way some of us are hoping that Gurley can inspire the Rams Oline, I hope Barkeley can inspire PSU's OLine.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Update on Grier: He looks more like Maty Mauk than Brunell now that we've played stiffer competition. Accuracy comes and goes. Doesn't read defenses well. Struggles when he can't go to his first read. Overestimates his athleticism and constantly wants to bail on the pocket in order to run.

Played like NFL Tebow against Tennessee. Was awful until clutch situations and then he actually looked like a good QB. It was beyond weird. Guy could convert every 4th down and led the team down the field in the 4th quarter for two TDs to win after being down by 13 yet he was dreadful for most of the game.