This type of win is an indicator of the talent level

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Not many times do you have a shit game from your elite QB plus odd play calling by the HC and still win by 14 points on the road.

Typically these games are 50/50 because of how critical QB play is to a team like the Rams. You can lose these as easily as you can win them when your #1 weapon is misfiring. This is one of those games were we are used to saying about the Patriots "man, they always manage to somehow win those types of games".

We've been grouchy about the defense for much of the season and yesterday they flat out delivered. Not only did they deliver Donald gave the O excellent field position to increase the lead after the Lions had closed the gap 16-13. Then the ST's mistake gave the Rams good field position again and the OL stepped up and paved the way for Gurley to score.

They also held the Lions to 2-12 on third down. That's 16% if my math is correct. Wow.

When the Lions were threatening in between those two drives the Rams run defense, a source of aggravation this year, stuffed the Lions in the red zone and forced a FG. Big difference there because 23-20 makes you a lot more nervous. And that may have played a big role in them deciding to try an onsides kick.

So where is all this rambling going? I'll wrap it up.

Teams without talent all over the roster don't often win, let alone win by two touchdowns, when the QB lays an egg and turns it over two times. There are play makers all around this roster and even role players do a good job.

This could have been a game where the talking heads were saying "the Lions just gave us the blueprint to stop the Rams" like the narrative we heard when the Cowboys beat the Saints and Brees looked pretty bad. Instead the new narrative is "the Rams are so good they can put up 30 points and win games like this".

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I'm hoping since we clinched the division, we can start rotating linebackers. With as bad as Barrons tackling has been, id love to see what we have in Kiser. I mean i dont think it can get an worse in that area?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good teams find ways to win (McVay)... bad teams find ways to lose (Fisher).

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The Rams have won a few games this year where Goff has been off. It’s nice to be able to win in multiple ways. Still, as we get into the playoffs, we will need him to be sharp.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
You have to be able to win these type of games and the good teams always do. This game will even make the Rams a better team, whatever does not kill you makes you stronger.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The Rams have won a few games this year where Goff has been off. It’s nice to be able to win in multiple ways. Still, as we get into the playoffs, we will need him to be sharp.
This is true and we all hope he is. I believe he learned from last year and won't have many off days. He definitely looked off yesterday and in last year's playoff game. Even still I think we had enough to win with him if we could have stopped the run and didn't make that stupid penalty. Let's just hope EVERYONE is on once the playoffs begin. I don't think any team can beat us if we are playing up to our abilities on both sides of the ball.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is true and we all hope he is. I believe he learned from last year and won't have many off days. He definitely looked off yesterday and in last year's playoff game. Even still I think we had enough to win with him if we could have stopped the run and didn't make that stupid penalty. Let's just hope EVERYONE is on once the playoffs begin. I don't think any team can beat us if we are playing up to our abilities on both sides of the ball.

They stopped the run doofclank.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I thought you meant this week. :LOL:
It's funny. I'm sure someone read these posts thinking we were breaking the rules of the site not knowing how you and I talk to each other. Cheers man.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
You have to be able to win these type of games and the good teams always do. This game will even make the Rams a better team, whatever does not kill you makes you stronger.
Or the thing that doesn't kill you leaves a festering wound that slows you down so something else can kill you. Not to be a downer or anything.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I always phrase it this way:
"Champions win on a bad day."

I swear on the grave of Deacon Jones, that I actually called for Donald to make a play at the time you mentioned. I noted that THIS is the time Donald usually makes a play.

So we gave up 51 to the chiefs. We stopped them 8 times.

Our defense is making the critical plays when we need it.
Our offense cannot be allowed to start slow and play bad if expect to beat us.
We're going all the way.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
If you guys are gonna keep fuckin each other, get a room!!