This Stat Surprised Me.....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BrooklynRam

Rookie
In a GREAT way!!!

Screenshot_20220507-100033_Gallery.jpg

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Well it makes sense. It takes at least 2 wins to get to a SB and at least 3 wins to win one.

The last 25 years:

Most SB appearances: New England 9, Rams 4, Denver 4, NYG, Pittsburgh & Seattle 3 each

Most SB wins: New England 6, Denver 3, Rams, Giants, Tampa, Baltimore, Pittsburgh 2 each

Concerning win percentage, we've only been to the postseason 9 times the last 25 years and got to the SB 4 of them. Plus we were one and done just twice in 9 postseasons (2000 and 2017).

Tano

Legend
Well it makes sense. It takes at least 2 wins to get to a SB and at least 3 wins to win one.

The last 25 years:

Most SB appearances: New England 9, Rams 4, Denver 4, NYG, Pittsburgh & Seattle 3 each

Most SB wins: New England 6, Denver 3, Rams, Giants, Tampa, Baltimore, Pittsburgh 2 each

Concerning win percentage, we've only been to the postseason 9 times the last 25 years and got to the SB 4 of them. Plus we were one and done just twice in 9 postseasons (2000 and 2017).
New England should only have 2 wins out of those 9 appearances

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

And the rest of the NFC West:

Seahawks 3 (2005, 2013, and 2014)
49’ers 2 (2012, 2020)
Cardinals 1 (2008)

oldnotdead

Legend
The last 25 years:

Amazing these 5 teams have been in 23 of the last 25 Super Bowls.

There needs to be an asterisk by all of the Pats Super Bowl stats.

I met a Bengal fan and he was ranting about how the refs cost them a win. I pointed out that 1 the game was only close because the refs "missed" the egregious face mask and OPI on their third quarter TD. Without that Bengal score, the Rams would have won by 10. Also, the first PI on the Bengals at the goal line was because they missed the one on the play prior. On that first PI on the goal line, every DB knows that if they even look like they are impeding the WR in that area of the field it's going to get called. Watching the replay, you can clearly see the DB put his hand on Kupp's chest and also around his hip. They had to call it or it would be scored against them by the NFL when reviewing their performance after the game. So the refs kept them in the game and their DB play is what cost them.

Now add in the coaching decision to run that 3rd and 1 with Perine and pass instead of run Mixon on 4th and half a yard, all means their coach cost them the game as much as anyone. He shut up and walked away as fast as he could. He was mouthing at me because I was wearing my Ram hat here in Tucson.

dang

Legend
Amazing these 5 teams have been in 23 of the last 25 Super Bowls.

There needs to be an asterisk by all of the Pats Super Bowl stats.

I met a Bengal fan and he was ranting about how the refs cost them a win. I pointed out that 1 the game was only close because the refs "missed" the egregious face mask and OPI on their third quarter TD. Without that Bengal score, the Rams would have won by 10. Also, the first PI on the Bengals at the goal line was because they missed the one on the play prior. On that first PI on the goal line, every DB knows that if they even look like they are impeding the WR in that area of the field it's going to get called. Watching the replay, you can clearly see the DB put his hand on Kupp's chest and also around his hip. They had to call it or it would be scored against them by the NFL when reviewing their performance after the game. So the refs kept them in the game and their DB play is what cost them.

Now add in the coaching decision to run that 3rd and 1 with Perine and pass instead of run Mixon on 4th and half a yard, all means their coach cost them the game as much as anyone. He shut up and walked away as fast as he could. He was mouthing at me because I was wearing my Ram hat here in Tucson.
So no acknowledgment of the biggest missed call in Super Bowl history. I still can’t believe there wasn’t full admission of this missed call and what has to be done to make sure that shit NEVER happens again!!

oldnotdead

Legend
If OBJ and Higbee were playing this would have been a blowout. This Super Bowl would have been 30 something to 10.

IMO the team to beat in the AFC will be Buffalo. They are solid on both sides of the ball with an ascending QB. That is the one team in the AFC I don't want to play in the Super Bowl. The Rams match up well as they do against the Rams. The Rams would need to be totally healthy. If they are they are going to be very tough to beat by any team.

Everyone talks about the AFCW but it's the Bills that IMO who should be the favorites in the AFC. In the NFC I don't see a team that matches up well with a healthy Rams team. The Rams wouid have to give the game away with sloppy play to lose to an NFC team. If the Rams can trade for an edge like Hunter, and sign OBJ this will have the makings of another SB run with no doubt.