This. Is. Our. Year.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Every offseason, I align scenarios to where this team is ready for the playoffs and Super Bowl. Hey, I'm a fan, its what we do! (y)

But it's true;

We have a very good defense. Yes, we need to sign our free agents, but we have the cap to do it. That side of the ball stands a good chance to be even better in 2016 with Quinn and Ogletree back. Defense - check!

We have the best running back in the league. Yeah, Adrian Peterson is good. So are others. But... If I'm starting a team from scratch Gurley is my first pick at the position. Running game - check!

We have the best punter in the league. I know, it sounds silly to suggest an elite punter puts the team over the top... But if you watch other punters; Hekker is good for ___yds of field position every game. It's huge. We need a bounce back year from GZ, but like Hekker, he can be a difference makers. Special teams - check!

So... It all comes down to the offense. We all know it. We discuss it every day. If we can fix this side of the ball this offseason, this is our year.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Team really needs to step up and keep their free agents I would like to see a contract signed by one of the CB's I'm partial to Johnson and then go from there,but it's crucial at this time to keep some of the free agents that have been drafted and part of this defense.

Next step to find a solution at Quarterback and IMO that would be in the draft and might require the Rams trading up to find the Field General to take us to the promise land. Granted some feel you can't go that far with a rookie QB, but IMO, it beats the alternatives unless another team is going to gift wrap a QB to the Rams and although the Rams are now in Southern, CA I don't think that script will have a Hollywood ending.

Sign Johnson try to keep Jenkins, Barron & Hayes, it might require a restructure of Long & Laurinaitis or a release of one or both which I'm okay with as well and then solve the Quarterback problem once and for all and IMO that can come via the drat and as everyone knows I have my eye on the Field General from the Peace Garden State!
2016-01-09T211514Z_742877537_NOCID_RTRMADP_3_NCAA-FOOTBALL-FCS-CHAMPIONSHIP-JACKSONVILLE-STATE-VS-NORTH-DAKOTA-STATE.JPG

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Every offseason, I align scenarios to where this team is ready for the playoffs and Super Bowl. Hey, I'm a fan, its what we do! (y)

But it's true;

We have a very good defense. Yes, we need to sign our free agents, but we have the cap to do it. That side of the ball stands a good chance to be even better in 2016 with Quinn and Ogletree back. Defense - check!

We have the best running back in the league. Yeah, Adrian Peterson is good. So are others. But... If I'm starting a team from scratch Gurley is my first pick at the position. Running game - check!

We have the best punter in the league. I know, it sounds silly to suggest an elite punter puts the team over the top... But if you watch other punters; Hekker is good for ___yds of field position every game. It's huge. We need a bounce back year from GZ, but like Hekker, he can be a difference makers. Special teams - check!

So... It all comes down to the offense. We all know it. We discuss it every day. If we can fix this side of the ball this offseason, this is our year.

I share your general enthusiasm, CGI. 'Cause I'm a Ram fan, too.

But there are some big "ifs" associated with our D this offseason.

Can we draft Long's upgrade at LDE?
Will Quinn be 100%?
Can we resign JJ, TruJo, Barron, and McLeod?

That's 6 critical questions right there. If all are satisfactorily answered then, yeah, we will have a strong D. Maybe top 5.

Lots of "ifs" on O, too.

Will we somehow find a legitimate NFL caliber starting QB?
Can we draft a #1 WR? And will he be productive in his 1st year?
Can we draft a stud TE?
Will our young OL become at least league average?

That's at least 5 more critical questions on our O. Including the toughest of all. Finding our starting QB. If all 5 are satisfactorily answered then, yeah, I would like our O to be at least competitive in '16.

Sooooo...

All we have to do is get those 11 things done and done well. Piece of cake. Lol.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Y'all should give us 2 firsts, trade up to #4 and grab Wentz. He's already better than Tom Brady.
Screenshot_2016-02-14-14-42-38-1.png

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The Superbowl showed us a team with pressure defense and less than stellar quarterback play can win. We're similar to the Broncos defense. We have guys in the line who are very disruptive to an offense. We just haven't done it as consistently as the Broncos did. There have been some games where they are just as dominant. Just not enough. Another year in the same defense and we could have that dominant defense week in, week out.

So that takes us to the obvious. How can we improve the offense? The line did appear to improve later in the season as we had hope they would. We have an elite running back who can be the feature of the offense. We have an explosive player who can score in different ways. We're not that far off. Get a quarterback who can manage the game and a receiver who can move the chains and we're there.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

But it's true;

Well said brother and I'm diggin the optimism. Hopefully this season will be the one that silences the haters and we'll see that Fish can get this team where it needs to be. If not, well, we've been there before so whatever, we'll reload and get a new coach. But I'm with you: I have not given up on Fish yet.

Rams aren't gonna do what each of us want them to, but they have drafted two consecutive ROYs and both players look like future Hall of Famers barring injury of course. Can they keep the defense together and find a QB and a couple WRs? I don't know but there's no reason to throw in the towel just yet.

I've got a pitcher of Kool Aid ready and waiting for the preseason!

Q729

Legend
I'm always in on this. The trouble is there's always some other team that sneaks in and takes "our year" away from us. One of the reasons why I hate the Cardinals so much. They are always a sub .500 team in my eyes, while we "just hit a bump." That's because my mind is still stuck in the 80s where we were consistently in the playoffs...

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'm always in on this. The trouble is there's always some other team that sneaks in and takes "our year" away from us. One of the reasons why I hate the Cardinals so much. They are always a sub .500 team in my eyes, while we "just hit a bump." That's because my mind is still stuck in the 80s where we were consistently in the playoffs...
what are these playoffs you speak of? been so long I cant remember what thats like.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
There's nothing wrong with the defense. Even with Long, Ogletree and Gaines out, and boasting the worst offense in the league who gave little support on the scoreboard, the Rams D was very good and often dominating.

Seattle, SF and Arizona are afraid of this defense. Their QB's pray to escape our front seven on Sundays without a concussion or injury. Their offensive lineman are afraid of looking stupid and getting their QB killed. The youth movement there is paying off. Snead and Demoff will do the right thing and find a way to keep it together.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
There's nothing wrong with the defense. Even with Long, Ogletree and Gaines out, and boasting the worst offense in the league who gave little support on the scoreboard, the Rams D was very good and often dominating.

Seattle, SF and Arizona are afraid of this defense. Their QB's pray to escape our front seven on Sundays without a concussion or injury. Their offensive lineman are afraid of looking stupid and getting their QB killed. The youth movement there is paying off. Snead and Demoff will do the right thing and find a way to keep it together.

I dunno, Mojo.

I doubt that our NFC West rivals are afraid of this defense as it now consists.

However, if the following are resigned...

Jenkins
TruJo
Barron
McLeod

And if Quinn and Ogletree come back 100% healthy...

Plus if we draft a stud LDE to replace Long...

Ummmmm...

Now THAT would be a D to strike fear into any team. An elite type unit.

My point is that we are now 7 moves (or "ifs") away from having that D. Hope all moves come to pass, but I'm done looking at our team through rose colored glasses. So I'll believe it when I actually see it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Worrying about the defensive side of the ball is mostly a waste of time IMO. Williams and Fish have a real good handle on who to bring back there, they have good depth to absorb some of them leaving, and they have the cap room to do it. I think the defense will come out good enough for us to hit playoff level if they can just get that offense turned around.

On offense there are some real pieces now, too. They just need a couple more receiving options (one will be a FA) and fix the QB position. And note when I say fix QB they don't need a top 5 or 10 QB, just a middle of the pack performance will put this team over the hump.

Q729

Legend
what are these playoffs you speak of? been so long I cant remember what thats like.
Seriously. It's like swimming back up from the depths of the ocean and seeing the sun above but never able to get to the surface!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

To think that our D would be even better, with a potent offense to keep them rested.