This Game Will Be A Little Nostalgic For Me

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All this week I have been hearing that it has been forty years since the Rams have hosted a playoff game in Memorial. I do not know why, but it just occurred to me this morning. That was the year I became a Ram fan!

I guess I really do not feel as old as I am. In 1977 I started following this team. I was only seven years old.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I guess I really do not feel as old as I am. In 1977 I started following this team. I was only seven years old.

Seven years old must be the right age that's when I started rooting for the Los Angeles Rams...1973, Here since Hadl.
_atbza.gif

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yep, 1975 for me. I was 7 entering the 3rd grade (mom started me in public school EARLY... I started my senior year in HS at 16).

You all remember having to scramble to watch highlights because you couldn't watch all the games without a UFO in the backyard aka the old 6' satellite dish that only the super-rich had.

But I remember Vin Scully calling local Ram games and then a little later, Pat Summerall.

Pat Summerall had the BEST voice.

Chick Hearn was the best play-by-play announcer. It felt like he put a direct satellite feed into my brain. And his Chick-isms were hysterical. When someone would drop a pass, he'd say, "the mustard's off the hot dog" and when the game was over, meaning it was out of reach, win or lose for the Lakers, he'd say, "the refrigerator is closed, the light's out, the eggs are coolin', the butter's gettin' hard and the jello's jigglin'!"

And Vin Scully was the poet who could make any game seem like a divine gift from God or Mother Nature.

Man I miss those days...

You got me all misty-eyed reminiscing...

nighttrain

Legend
Yep, 1975 for me. I was 7 entering the 3rd grade (mom started me in public school EARLY... I started my senior year in HS at 16).

You all remember having to scramble to watch highlights because you couldn't watch all the games without a UFO in the backyard aka the old 6' satellite dish that only the super-rich had.

But I remember Vin Scully calling local Ram games and then a little later, Pat Summerall.

Chick Hearn was the best play-by-play announcer. It felt like he put a direct satellite feed into my brain. And his Chick-isms were hysterical. When someone would drop a pass, he'd say, "the mustard's off the hot dog" and when the game was over, meaning it was out of reach, win or lose for the Lakers, he'd say, "the refrigerator is closed, the light's out, the eggs are coolin', the butter's gettin' hard and the jello's jigglin'!"

And Vin Scully was the poet who could make any game seem like a divine gift from God or Mother Nature.

Man I miss those days...

you forgot to mention Dick Enberg, one of the GOAT announcers
train

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Man I miss those days...

But you forgot Chick Hearn's most magical moments, while announcing "Bowling for Dollars.":fighting:

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
It was 1968 for me. Yeah. Today has been a wash of memories. We are finally back. Let's make our mark w/ a swift kick on the ass to the Falcons.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
All this week I have been hearing that it has been forty years since the Rams have hosted a playoff game in Memorial. I do not know why, but it just occurred to me this morning. That was the year I became a Ram fan!

Same year for me, but I was nine

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
It’s probably emotional for @DaveFan'51 !! I’m sure he remembers the last time the rams had a playoff game 40 years ago! You are awesome man!

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Nice job Rodney Harrison..."the Rams secondary is just not that good. " We may not be epic but fuckin a they're pretty damn good to me. Ugh. I'm reqdy for this shit