This feels like the draft to have lots of picks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The impact of restricted travel on scouting.... It sure feels like a cocktail to have good players land all over the draft.

Inability to scout as much as usual, weaker data, more projection.

You also can’t help but wonder the “word of mouth effect“ (i.e. more heavy reliance upon “people who did get to see the player”... hyping a player more than usual, letting another slip thru. The social media effect, so to speak.

It sure looks like.... The more picks the better this draft. More lottery tickets. (y)

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
With the way our FO finds talent in later rounds and UDFA, I feel comfortable regardless if we have a 1st round or not. Just makes day 1 of draft day boring though.

I don't expect the Rams to draft in the 1st round in the future unless they find a generational talent like Donald.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hate the trade backs.
No lie. I hate watching the draft and getting excited about a guy that's available and then it's annouced that we've traded down and are stockpiling 6th rounders....

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
No lie. I hate watching the draft and getting excited about a guy that's available and then it's annouced that we've traded down and are stockpiling 6th rounders....
Or passing on dudes like my dude AJ Epenesa last year :cry:

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
The NFL Draft is a crapshoot. The success rate on first-round picks is basically a coin flip. I like L.A. Ram's innovative how-to build an NFL roster without first-round picks.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I hate trading back too. I understand the Rams' entire approach here and get where they're coming from but yeah it's tough to watch when you wait an extra day just to see that first pick and they move down. Infuriating even if I do get it.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I hate trading back too. I understand the Rams' entire approach here and get where they're coming from but yeah it's tough to watch when you wait an extra day just to see that first pick and they move down. Infuriating even if I do get it.

I’ll take a Johnny Johnson all day long.Tge price was

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
BTW as the ILBs go I really like Dylan Moses. I think he could help us. He projects from round 2 through 3, I expect that to change with him solidifying as a round 2 guy because guys who can move well but also fill downhill in traffic tend to go before round two is over.

In our defense he would reinforce the edge from the ILB spot with much better consistency than we had last year due to his mobility and instincts. But he's physical too. This is the kind of LB we need IMO.

Also looking at this year's list of ILBs who sort into that early range it seems like there's more of them than that early range can handle. Which makes me think one of them falls to us. Real good chance we're looking at a nice ILB upgrade there at 57 IMO question is whether there's something else they want more there.