They seem to be taking the loss well (49ers board)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'll never understand why people get so invested in preseason. It's nice to see your team win, but really these games to me are best used for getting guys into game shape, real live tackling etc. They don't scheme, they don't play starters much. Only thing I really care about is the starters not dropping everything, and blockers able to block. Otherwise with the lack of scheme, who wins and loses is pointless.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I'll never understand why people get so invested in preseason. It's nice to see your team win, but really these games to me are best used for getting guys into game shape, real live tackling etc. They don't scheme, they don't play starters much. Only thing I really care about is the starters not dropping everything, and blockers able to block. Otherwise with the lack of scheme, who wins and loses is pointless.

I agree with you, but rivals who suck in the preseason still put a smile on my face. I think it's the press conferences. The fact that Harbaugh has to come out and support 3 obviously terrible QBs because he knows right now he has no one else just puts me in a whistling mood.

For once it's someone else's coach saying, "Shoot, we'll fix that."

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
They'll pick up Austin Davis to back up Kaepernick, watch. Those dicks will grab him to get some insider info. And he's arguably better then the crap they have now anyway.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Oh I hope Kaeperprick gets injured early in the season and they are forced to run Gabbert out there every game!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I always thought wins the preseason don't equate to the regular season. But the Seahawks went 4-0 last year. The whiners and cards went 3-1. A lot of playoff teams had a good preseason. Is this and omen for the whiners? If I were them I'd be concerned about scoring a grand total of 3 points in two games more than the losses themselves.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
It's stupid on their part for picking up Gabbert and Weeden anyway. When you go out looking for a backup QB, do you go looking for which two QBs were the worst failures for their teams the previous year and were cut because of terrible play or do you grab a proven, respectable backup like Shaun Hill?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
They've lost bad. We've lost not quite as bad, but we've not looked particularly good.

Preseason doesn't mean anything. But we're not acting much different on this board.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My dream come true is that the players think the new stadium is cursed. Sports players tend to be really superstitious.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Report: 49ers move practice after footing problems on Levi’s Stadium turf
Posted by Mike Wilkening on August 20, 2014

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwi3zgvjztu3zgrhzdm2mtc1zjk2ztg4mmnimmzlnjcx.jpeg
Getty Images

49ers coach Jim Harbaugh reportedly stopped Wednesday’s practice at Levi’s Stadium and moved the workout to the club’s practice field after the club had footing problems on the stadium’s playing surface.

According to Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com, Harbaugh gathered his team after Stevie Johnsonfell running a pass route during the workout, which featured “huge divots” and “uneven turf.” Also, CSNBayArea.com observed that Niners G.M. Trent Baalke was “clearly agitated” about field conditions at the new stadium, which hosted its first-ever NFL game just three days ago. Rookie wideout Bruce Ellington also appeared to slip and fall on the field, according to Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee.

The Levi’s Stadium practice was open to fans, who were reportedly given free admission to the 49ers Museum after the team moved the workout.

The Niners’ next home preseason game is Sunday vs. San Diego. It’s the club’s third preseason contest, which customarily is the final dress rehearsal for the regular season opener. The question now is whether the field will be in better shape after Wednesday’s events.

moklerman

Warner-phile
The Levi’s Stadium practice was open to fans, who were reportedly given free admission to the 49ers Museum after the team moved the workout.
They charge people to get into their museum? Shouldn't that be a free attraction after you paid to get in?

markstewart67

Rookie
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/n...s-denver-broncos-gameday-thread-game/page108/

smithgdwg
Damn, this stadium is cursed.

WRATHman44
On the plus side, the stadium is pretty loud. You can REALLY hear those boos.

JeuSF49
Gabbert- horrible Johnson-see Gabbert Bethel-Thompson-see Gabbert and Johnson.

ElephantHaley
57-3 after 2 weeks? This better be on purpose or else im gonna be pissed

jreff22:
So the OL looks better.

But...
Purcell - cut, was camp fodder to start out with
Hampton - cut, same as Purcell
All the backup Safety's - Special Teamers... Ward and Dahl are still better backups than anything we've had since the old glory days
Dobbs - on the bubble, probably cut
All the backup QB's - sadly one has to stay
...Are garbage

SFL49er
And we wont call Tim Tebow. Id sign his ass tomorrow. And cut Gabbert tomorrow.

These are the chances that 40 players get to show their best. They wont have many other chances if they don't shine.

Hell, David Reed may have easily fumbled his way off the roster since he was on the bubble already. Preseason or not, you have to have some of your players stand out who belong. I can easily go down the roster and tell you already who doesn't belong after two games--and many other armchair GMs can too. It was absolutely disgusting seeing the product as a whole we put out there

sf49ers303
Didn't we win all or preseason games under singletary????!!!!

frenchmov
i think people saying "it's just pre-season relax!" are missing the point. no one truly gives a s**t that we lost a pre-season game. it's how we looked in losing. f**king terrible. "it's only backups! we didn't gameplan!" well yeah. the other team is playing backups and didn't gameplan either and they pushed our s**t in 2 weeks in a row. ultimately this doesn't mean too much for week 1 but it is troubling

Geidi
One more game like this and I'm in official panic mode.

m_brockalexander
I know it's preseason, but WTF? So far, I am not impressed by much of anything so far.

Igotta
I've not yet been able to watch the game, but the fact that Tim Tebow is being discussed makes me think I don't want to!
scared2.gif

grizzlyadams
Have any of the backup QBs thrown the ball downfield? I've only seen short passes. And they can't even complete those.

jonesadrian:
Are they lying to us in the practice reports? Every report talks about how deep we are, how good everyone is looking, how awesome everything is and then we see the games and...

ninerjok
Chip Kelly says he's willing to listen to trade offers for Sanchez. I can't believe I'm saying this but let's f***ing do it.

SofaKing
LOL...our backup QB situation has got to be the worst in the league. These guys have sabotaged the entire team with their s**tty play. Impossible to get anything positive going, offensively or defensively, with such awful QB play.
Hahahaha.....Now these are 9er fans I can get behind!!
GO RAMS!!!