They always sneak in the spin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
:bow::rockon::double::popcorn:

You're the dude, X. Never change. You should post that on Ramstalk. If that doesn't end the debate, idk what will.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
"It's a quarterback inside of a turkey, inside of another quarterback inside of a chicken that's inside of a duck... Boom!"

4SV1pDD.png

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So the way I see it, there are only two choices . . .

1. Accept the situation and get behind your QB. If Bradford was an arsehole who could care less about his craft, skipped meetings, bitched and moaned about his lot in life, pushed all the blame on someone else, and/or generally didn't give a crap about improving, then I could get behind a grassroots movement to run him out of town via a huge (albeit ineffective) internet campaign. But he does none of that. This is a cat that's wholly committed to improving himself and the team's standing in the league. So support the guy. How hard is that? And what the hell do you lose in the process? Your credibility? freak your credibility.

2. Just be a dick and try to convince everyone else that it's cool to be a dick too. Because that's what you're doing when you try to ram your negative opinion about Bradford down other people's throats in the hopes that you'll convince them that you're some sort of QB talent evaluator savant who just didn't feel like bothering with pursuing a career in the NFL as a scout or coach. You may be 100% sure of your negative opinion on Bradford, but here's a harsh reality for you. People who want to see him succeed, and are confident that he will, don't give a crap what you have to say.

The people who matter think he's good enough to win with, and that's good enough for me.

If they later decide he isn't, then that's good enough for me too.

Perfectly said.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
YAWN.

What a novel idea. Someone wrote a ten thousand word piece on why Bradford is a disappointing player. As if it's going to somehow make any difference in the world as it relates to who thinks what about Bradford. I'm honestly freaking tired of it all. I could do the exact same thing in rebuttal to that, use as many words and stats, and it would make for a very interesting piece I assure you.

And it would convince nobody of anything.

If somebody can please come forward and tell me that you've changed your opinion of Bradford based on someone else's commentary, AND MEAN IT, I'll empty my bank account into yours. It doesn't happen. People make compelling cases all the time, and others make equally compelling cases in response. Around and around it goes until both parties are reduced to insulting each other's knowledge of football in general because they're not being validated by the other person.

The Rams will decide if Bradford is worth keeping around after this year, and Bradford himself is the only person who's in control of that situation. We can Champion him like a Greek God or chide him like he's the second coming of Jim Druckenmiller and it won't make any difference at all in the grand scheme of things. Nobody's changing their mind, and nobody on the Rams is going to lend an ear to the debate. So the way I see it, there are only two choices.

1. Accept the situation and get behind your QB. If Bradford was an arsehole who could care less about his craft, skipped meetings, bitched and moaned about his lot in life, pushed all the blame on someone else, and/or generally didn't give a crap about improving, then I could get behind a grassroots movement to run him out of town via a huge (albeit ineffective) internet campaign. But he does none of that. This is a cat that's wholly committed to improving himself and the team's standing in the league. So support the guy. How hard is that? And what the hell do you lose in the process? Your credibility? freak your credibility.

2. Just be a dick and try to convince everyone else that it's cool to be a dick too. Because that's what you're doing when you try to ram your negative opinion about Bradford down other people's throats in the hopes that you'll convince them that you're some sort of QB talent evaluator savant who just didn't feel like bothering with pursuing a career in the NFL as a scout or coach. You may be 100% sure of your negative opinion on Bradford, but here's a harsh reality for you. People who want to see him succeed, and are confident that he will, don't give a crap what you have to say.

The people who matter think he's good enough to win with, and that's good enough for me.

If they later decide he isn't, then that's good enough for me too.

You're right Druckenmiller was treated badly and I feel awful for things I said about him. :D