There’s gonna be some SERIOUS competition at many positions, huh?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Where to start on this defending SB roster?

In no particular order…

QB backup. Can Wolford hold off Perkins? I have my doubts and I also suspect that Rams only keep 2 QB’s this year. I think Perkins is that QB and Rams will attempt to trade Wolford to a desperate team for a future low draft pick.

RG is definitely up in the air. Bruss might just seize it but maybe Shelton dominates because of NFL conditioning and experience. Anchrum is a possible dark horse here, too. In any case Rams seem pretty strong at OG for ‘22.

TE backup. Who do you like here? I think Blanton has the inside track here but it’s no lock. Hopkins impressed in SB so maybe the lightbulb went on for him finally. This could be an ongoing competition well into the season.

Edge is up in the air for sure. Heck, Rams may be signing a solid player as we speak. In fact, I hope they are. Otherwise Hollins is the favorite but a strong camp by any of several youngsters could change that in one quick hurry. Camp performances will have to determine the starter opposite Floyd unless a very solid FA is signed. We may be stronger and deeper there than I think, but we might be even thinner than I fear. This position is the Rams weakest link in the eyes of most observers and it’s not like Snead to leave a hole there going into a SB defense season. I would not be in the least surprised if Snead already had a deal in the works at edge.

CB both outside opposite Ramsey and Slot CB are tbd officially. Hill is likely to get the lions share of snaps and he is likely to be moving around as star along with Ramsey. But we can be darned sure that Ram coaches will have Rochell, Long, and the rookies under the microscope this camp. I wouldn’t fall out of my recliner if Either Durant or Kendrick were to have very strong camps even as rookies. CB is likely the most intensively competitive position group on this roster.

Punter? Who knows? But I’m sure that Rams will get it sorted out by opening day.

All the other positions seem pretty predictable at this point although there are always camp surprises. Who knows, maybe we have a gem or 2 waiting in the wings as a UDFA?

As an aside, and at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I think (and hope) that Rams can trade Rapp for player or future pick while he still has a modicum of value. He now seems like a player without a true position in this particular D.

Anyway, to say that Rams will have fierce competition at numerous positions would be a massive understatement, don’t you think? Just what one would expect on a SB roster.

Thoughts?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Where to start on this defending SB roster?

In no particular order…

QB backup. Can Wolford hold off Perkins? I have my doubts and I also suspect that Rams only keep 2 QB’s this year. I think Perkins is that QB and Rams will attempt to trade Wolford to a desperate team for a future low draft pick.

RG is definitely up in the air. Bruss might just seize it but maybe Shelton dominates because of NFL conditioning and experience. Anchrum is a possible dark horse here, too. In any case Rams seem pretty strong at OG for ‘22.

TE backup. Who do you like here? I think Blanton has the inside track here but it’s no lock. Hopkins impressed in SB so maybe the lightbulb went on for him finally. This could be an ongoing competition well into the season.

Edge is up in the air for sure. Heck, Rams may be signing a solid player as we speak. In fact, I hope they are. Otherwise Hollins is the favorite but a strong camp by any of several youngsters could change that in one quick hurry. Camp performances will have to determine the starter opposite Floyd unless a very solid FA is signed. We may be stronger and deeper there than I think, but we might be even thinner than I fear. This position is the Rams weakest link in the eyes of most observers and it’s not like Snead to leave a hole there going into a SB defense season. I would not be in the least surprised if Snead already had a deal in the works at edge.

CB both outside opposite Ramsey and Slot CB are tbd officially. Hill is likely to get the lions share of snaps and he is likely to be moving around as star along with Ramsey. But we can be darned sure that Ram coaches will have Rochell, Long, and the rookies under the microscope this camp. I wouldn’t fall out of my recliner if Either Durant or Kendrick were to have very strong camps even as rookies. CB is likely the most intensively competitive position group on this roster.

Punter? Who knows? But I’m sure that Rams will get it sorted out by opening day.

All the other positions seem pretty predictable at this point although there are always camp surprises. Who knows, maybe we have a gem or 2 waiting in the wings as a UDFA?

As an aside, and at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I think (and hope) that Rams can trade Rapp for player or future pick while he still has a modicum of value. He now seems like a player without a true position in this particular D.

Anyway, to say that Rams will have fierce competition at numerous positions would be a massive understatement, don’t you think? Just what one would expect on a SB roster.

Thoughts?

Couldn't agree more ...
The battle for RG1 will be intense, as I believe it will be for RT2, RG2 & LG2 also.

CB, well, ... you already said it all imo.

I'm not as concerned about TE2 & 3, that will sort itself out, although I'm really rooting for Carter at TE4.

An Edge war is likely between Lewis & Hollins, I can ultimately see both getting fairly equal playing time, and if we require the services of another Edge OLB, I suspect it will come as a pre trade deadline pick-up, not unlike last year.

The WR4, 5 & 6 camp battles are also another area of interest.

Marquise Copeland vs Mike Hoecht will be decided.

DE should be very interesting with our 3 new UDFA pass rushers going up against the basically run defending underachievers in Jonah Williams & Earnest Brown.

Should be a most interesting camp.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Listening to the 11 Personnel Podcast, the Rams really-really liked Bruss. I think it’s his to lose. He might not start with the 1s but we’ll see.

Also from 11 Personnel Podcast; DeCamillis likes Reily Dixon, past experience, etc.

if we require the services of another Edge OLB, I suspect it will come as a pre trade deadline pick-up, not unlike last year.

This is my thinking. Go with what we got, see what June 1 brings or later.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With Perkins on the 53 last year, I expected they would find ways to get him on the field. Being that they didnt dress him for any game seems to indicate a lack of confidence. I dont think he closed to gap, may have even widened it

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
At TC last summer, Perkins couldn't throw an accurate pass more than 20 yards. Lets see if he has improved any.

Gonna be a tough TC to keep track of all the new guys. Lots to watch for. DB's and edge will be a priority.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Listening to the 11 Personnel Podcast, the Rams really-really liked Bruss. I think it’s his to lose. He might not start with the 1s but we’ll see.
Yeah I see it that way too. Bruss moves dudes, it's there over and over he's got some power in his game. None of the guys on our depth chart do that very well. Rams need to improve in run blocking and he was targeted for that, and he doesn't give up anything in pass pro either so I can't imagine any of these depth chart dudes giving him a run for it.

Maybe Anchrum. But Bruss is a brute.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Yeah I see it that way too. Bruss moves dudes, it's there over and over he's got some power in his game. None of the guys on our depth chart do that very well. Rams need to improve in run blocking and he was targeted for that, and he doesn't give up anything in pass pro either so I can't imagine any of these depth chart dudes giving him a run for it.

Maybe Anchrum. But Bruss is a brute.

Bruss IS the brute squad.

The Princess Bride Disney Plus GIF by Disney+