The Year of Injuries

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Jamaal Charles
Sam Bradford
RGIII
AJ Green
Ryan Mathews
Tavon Austin
Eric Berry
Mark Ingram
Carson Palmer
John Abraham
Knowshon Moreno
Eric Decker
Vernon Davis
Jordan Cameron

What's going on this year? There seem to be way more high-profile injuries than I can remember.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Jamaal Charles
Sam Bradford
RGIII
AJ Green
Ryan Mathews
Tavon Austin
Eric Berry
Mark Ingram
Carson Palmer
John Abraham
Knowshon Moreno
Eric Decker
Vernon Davis
Jordan Cameron

What's going on this year? There seem to be way more high-profile injuries than I can remember.
Maybe the league will start letting them practice in Training camp. That could help! ( You forgot Chris Long on your List!)

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe the league will start letting them practice in Training camp. That could help! ( You forgot Chris Long on your List!)
Ergh, so I did.

Chris Long.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
its because of the new collective bargaining agreement... not being able to practice properly and having less organized activities are making injuries more common.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
A few of those guys will be back. Tavon and Harkey should be back soon. Bengals get AJ Green and Marvin Jones back after the bye. Jordan Cameron should be back in action soon. Doug Martin probably plays Thursday. Jamaal Charles isn't likely to be out all year.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
its because of the new collective bargaining agreement... not being able to practice properly and having less organized activities are making injuries more common.

As well as seeing more injuries - we're going to see more busts because of that CBA because coaches simply aren't able to work with players enough to really develop them and their technique. Not good.

TexRamFan

Rookie
I really believe that the emphasis the nfl is placing on avoiding contact with the head is going to lead to more and more severe Lower body injuries, specifically the ankle and knees. You are always going to have shoulder and other various injuries but I would love to see the number of lower body injuries now compared to the past when helmet to helmet contact ect was not emphasized as much.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Week 2 of 2013:
Reggie Bush
Larry Fitzgerald
Ray Rice
Steven Jackson
Eddie Lacy
Maurice Jones-Drew
Andre Johnson
Ryan Clady
Malcom Floyd
Rodger Saffold (what?!)
Tyvon Branch
Eric Reid
Russell Okung
Vernon Davis

Looks like business as usual to me.

nanotech

Rookie
It would be hard to gather empirical data to support that theory.