The X-Factor: Isaiah Pead to start? Tyson vs Ali.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
You don't have to agree. I already sent Tyson your contact info.

He can read? :fighting:

Nah, I'm rooting for Mike to straighten out his life. Much of which depends on who he surrounds himself with.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
OH YAH!?! I think it would end-up being called "Rope-a-Dope 2.0!"!!
I watched both. Not hating on him, or BC. Rope a dope... would end up, dope on canvas, unable to get up. Lol. Ali was great though, wouldn't say that about Tyson.

Tyson recorded a punch harder than this guy:

IVAN-DRAGO-ROCKY-4-Dolph-Lundgren-Sylvester-Stallone-2.jpg

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pead is not going to start! Primarily because he's shown in the past he allows things to affect him mentally.
Yeah. The past. That's the thing that we're all waiting to see if he's left behind.

*He can run, catch, and block pretty well.
Block. One of the more important factors in determining who will start, IMO. And hell yeah he can block.

However...Pead has to show he's no longer fragile mentally.
I don't think he is anymore. Some goofy shit going on with him early on, but there has to be something there that Fisher really likes. Otherwise they wouldn't have been so patient with him. And i think the fact that he's shown such a commitment to being a good special teams player is something that Fisher looks upon favorably as well.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He can read? :fighting:

Nah, I'm rooting for Mike to straighten out his life. Much of which depends on who he surrounds himself with.
He has a posse for reading and such.

Watch your ears, buddy! Lol. A pissed off, Trinca-Pasat is coming with him, and he's wearing his grille.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I would start Cunningham because I think he's more likely to protect the ball and get consistent chunks of yardage. Pead goes down quickly after contact. Cunningham is the more physical runner and will do a better job of falling forward. Plus like I've said, the oline doesn't look like they're going to be opening up many holes. The backs are going to have to go straight at them because there will be no where to go around them.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Preferred the raw version, where you don't have to think much you just roll with it ala your incepted one last night. Just RAMble it, Bro!

jap

Legend
The thing with Isaiah is that he played for a college that lacked a great OL. As a result he got into the habit of free lancing as runner and not using his blockers because he simply did not trust them. At the collegiate level, he was able to get away his free lancing ways. Collegiate seams do not close as quickly as NFL seams; college defenders are not as fast, quick, savvy, strong, or sure-tackling as their pro counterparts. He ran well enough that reporters started comparing him to Marshall Faulk, not only for his broken field running but also for his receiving capabilities out of the backfield.

Fast forward to the NFL, and Isaiah attempted to migrate his free lancing ways into the NFL. His disdain for collegiate blocking took away from his ability to recognize that the NFL OL guys were doing better work for him than he ever had before. Pead would run into his blockers or grow quickly impatient and depart from the running script before giving it a fair chance for success. NFL defenders would close on him quickly sans blocking help and take away anything he was trying to do on his own. As a rookie RB, he was a talented back who had to start back at square one in learning how to use his blockers again.

It's too bad he had the ACL last pre-season. He probably had as good a chance as anyone else to get playing time with his rededicated efforts in the 2014 pre-season games. Now the Gurley Train is here, and Isaiah may be auditioning for a spot elsewhere. All the missed meetings and pot smoking and other adolescent crap was all just wasted time. The injury to Tre may give him a temporary shot, but how long will he remain relevant with the Gurley Locomotive recuperating well ahead of schedule?

I wish he had given himself more of a shot. Even if the Gurley Man or someone else proves better, at least he would have had a healthy trade value. Let's see how he does with the time remaining to him.

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Preferred the raw version, where you don't have to think much you just roll with it ala your incepted one last night. Just RAMble it, Bro!
Looks like I must have balance.

karate-kid-has-balance.jpg

RamWoodie

Legend
Yeah. The past. That's the thing that we're all waiting to see if he's left behind.

Block. One of the more important factors in determining who will start, IMO. And hell yeah he can block.

I don't think he is anymore. Some goofy crap going on with him early on, but there has to be something there that Fisher really likes. Otherwise they wouldn't have been so patient with him. And i think the fact that he's shown such a commitment to being a good special teams player is something that Fisher looks upon favorably as well.
I'm in agreement...but I think we both can agree this is his last shot.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm in agreement...but I think we both can agree this is his last shot.
Probably. This is his contract year, so he's gonna need to exploit this opportunity to its fullest if he wants a new one.

Ram4life11

Rookie
Didn't see him "downing" any of the backs and I believe what he did was offer an opinion. And Benny has had a total of 507 yards in two years. That doesn't make for "many more explosive plays" in my book. He had one explosive play in 2013 and his longest run last season was 20 yards. I still like Benny and he was my pick for #1 RB before the 2013 season. But it does look right now like Pead has a step on him and looks to be more explosive and better able to find the holes and creases.

Yeah when you look at 507 rushing yards in two years you may not see the explosive plays. But he had over 500 receiving yards last year, he had 70 or 80 yard kick return against the Hawks last year also, 2013 he had a 60 yard run against the Colts, also a 100 yard rushing game against the Bears as well..
I understand Pead had nice game in the Last preseason game, and I do feel he deserves his number of carries, but where are we getting that he displays more big play ability?
College highlights?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
BTW - Tyson with Cus D'Amato? Yeah, he probably knocks out Ali. Tyson with Don King? No effing way. And good Tyson would have knocked out Frazier, Holms, Norton, and Foreman in their primes.
c'mon bro...I don't buy that for a minute...He WOULDN'T have knocked out Ali or Frazier> Hell, he wouldn't have knocked out Jimmy Young or Ernie Shavers! Foreman was young dumb and full of..well, you know..So he might have been stupid with Tyson. But still, Tyson was a good fighter when the Heavyweight Division was turning to crap. I agree that he probably beats Norton and Holmes, but then maybe not.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
c'mon bro...I don't buy that for a minute...He WOULDN'T have knocked out Ali or Frazier> Hell, he wouldn't have knocked out Jimmy Young or Ernie Shavers! Foreman was young dumb and full of..well, you know..So he might have been stupid with Tyson. But still, Tyson was a good fighter when the Heavyweight Division was turning to crap. I agree that he probably beats Norton and Holmes, but then maybe not.
It's not that he beat people in the HW division.
It's that he was DESTROYING people in the HW division early on.
Dude used to scare the shit out of people in the first round.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't see a lot of missed yards in this clip. If anyone doesn't know what I mean, I'll explain.
Explain anyway. I already like it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not that he beat people in the HW division.
It's that he was DESTROYING people in the HW division early on.
Dude used to scare the crap out of people in the first round.
*inferior talent.The 60's and 70's were the last glory years of the heavyweight Division.. the palookas that Tyson fought wern't worthy to carry Ali's jockstrap. IMO..I watched it all even Tyson

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah when you look at 507 rushing yards in two years you may not see the explosive plays. But he had over 500 receiving yards last year, he had 70 or 80 yard kick return against the Hawks last year also, 2013 he had a 60 yard run against the Colts, also a 100 yard rushing game against the Bears as well..
I understand Pead had nice game in the Last preseason game, and I do feel he deserves his number of carries, but where are we getting that he displays more big play ability?
College highlights?
Benny has 411 CAREER receiving yards. He's had (I believe one 100 yard game - 109 against Chicago in 2013). I'm not bagging on Benny. I have always been in his corner. But Pead has looked better in the pre-season for what it is worth. He looks quicker too. It doesn't really matter to me which one takes the majority of carries but by my eye test right now, Pead looks to be the better option for the main back in game one if Mason can't play.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
*inferior talent.The 60's and 70's were the last glory years of the heavyweight Division.. the palookas that Tyson fought wern't worthy to carry Ali's jockstrap. IMO..I watched it all even Tyson
That may be true. You might have a point.
But that's secondary to each other's punching power.
Ali was great at picking his shots, and he had some power, but Tyson bullied people and threw devastating shots.

It really would be great to see those two fight in some sort of parallel universe.