The Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
And waffle Mondays more than both.
Sadly, no waffles today.
I've come to realize I only get one win each weekend. So, my weekend ended with my high school alma mater losing to our cross town rival, the high school I work at got beat, my "big" college team I root for lost, and my Rams lost. The only team that won was my college alma mater. 1-4 for the weekend. What's a guy to do?

fearsomefour

Legend
We aren't looking for efficient football, we are looking for winning football. Being a efficient means your Quarterback isn't good enough to win, so you are searching for excuses and cherry picking to make him look good. He is at the bottom of the league in every statistical category. Not only that, but all the wins with him at the helm are all in spite of him. Basically, Keenum is a hero of circumstance. Its clearly evident, if our defense doesn't play lights out, we lose. How is that considered "playing well"?

Every quarterbacks goal in the NFL is to win, for Keenum its simply not to lose. That's cowardice, and it reflects in his play. Gunslinger's win rings, and chicks dig scars. If you aren't going to take the risk, nobody is threatened by you. And at this point not only can Keenum not take those risks, he doesn't want to.
So, winning in Tampa when Gurley didn't do squat (in terms of moving the ball) and the same can be said in Arizona, that is in spite of him....ok.
You are not buying that he brings much if anything to the table. Ok, and I am not buying that he brings next to nothing to the table. So it goes. People disagree.

fearsomefour

Legend
Case has tossed two pick six int's and it's only week 5. How much worse could Goff do? I like Case but lets face it that pick six killed the Rams yesterday. You must protect the ball.
Based on what he saw of his performance, considerably worse.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Based on what he saw of his performance, considerably worse.

In the preseason. Which tells you nothing. Based on what we've seen from rookie QBs over the past 5 years, Goff can do considerably better than Keenum.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I can't even stomach to listen to Fisher's BS. He never should have been hired and should be fired. But then again if Ram fans want another 3 years of 6-10, 7-9 then by all means sign him to a three year extension and then have fun wasting another 5 years climbing out of the hole he digs the Rams.

Which Rams fans want another mediocre season? I've yet to meet one face-to-face or on the net.

As to your point on Fisher, when he was hired I wanted Ron Rivera because he looked like a ballbuster, which at the time I figured is exactly what the Rams needed. But since the Rams hired him I expected JF would at least bring us out of the doldrums, which was a 6-42 record over the previous 3 seasons. Then he would settle the Rams into what he's always done, except for a few decent seasons with the Titans - mediocrity. This is where we are now.

It didn't take a genius to foresee that happening. All one had to do was look at his past accomplishments, how he would draft and how he would coach. Jeff Fisher builds tough defenses and special teams and then deals with the offense - in that order. He hates turnovers and believes in grinding down the opposing team with a strong running game.

As many others here have mentioned, this doesn't work when there are too many penalties, which Fisher-coached teams are famous for, and if the ball bounces the wrong way one too many times. The Bills loss is a classic example of that.

So now what? Don't know this to be a fact but from what I've read, Kroenke and Fisher are pals. Unless the Rams go completely down the toilet and there is a player and/or fan rebellion, which is not indicative of Jeff Fisher's coaching history, then here he will remain. I can see a contract extension that allows him to remain head coach until the shiny new stadium is ready. After that hopefully there will be a new head coach who will lead us into the Promised Land.

On the bright side - we're at 3-2 and anything can still happen. The 49ers, after their opening night triumph against us, are falling apart. Both the Seahawks and the Cardinals have lost to the Rams and are flawed as well. A 10-6 record and a division title is still attainable. I'm not giving up until we're mathematically eliminated.

As far as Goff vs. Keenum is concerned - I'm more of a Mannion guy. ;)

fearsomefour

Legend
In the preseason. Which tells you nothing. Based on what we've seen from rookie QBs over the past 5 years, Goff can do considerably better than Keenum.
Maybe maybe not.
I would love to eat crow on it.
At 3-2 I'm not pulling that trigger if it is up to me....unless info that none of us can know (the actual progress he has made) made the decision a simple one.

fearsomefour

Legend
Which Rams fans want another mediocre season? I've yet to meet one face-to-face or on the net.

As to your point on Fisher, when he was hired I wanted Ron Rivera because he looked like a ballbuster, which at the time I figured is exactly what the Rams needed. But since the Rams hired him I expected JF would at least bring us out of the doldrums, which was a 6-42 record over the previous 3 seasons. Then he would settle the Rams into what he's always done, except for a few decent seasons with the Titans - mediocrity. This is where we are now.

It didn't take a genius to foresee that happening. All one had to do was look at his past accomplishments, how he would draft and how he would coach. Jeff Fisher builds tough defenses and special teams and then deals with the offense - in that order. He hates turnovers and believes in grinding down the opposing team with a strong running game.

As many others here have mentioned, this doesn't work when there are too many penalties, which Fisher-coached teams are famous for, and if the ball bounces the wrong way one too many times. The Bills loss is a classic example of that.

So now what? Don't know this to be a fact but from what I've read, Kroenke and Fisher are pals. Unless the Rams go completely down the toilet and there is a player and/or fan rebellion, which is not indicative of Jeff Fisher's coaching history, then here he will remain. I can see a contract extension that allows him to remain head coach until the shiny new stadium is ready. After that hopefully there will be a new head coach who will lead us into the Promised Land.

On the bright side - we're at 3-2 and anything can still happen. The 49ers, after their opening night triumph against us, are falling apart. Both the Seahawks and the Cardinals have lost to the Rams and are flawed as well. A 10-6 record and a division title is still attainable. I'm not giving up until we're mathematically eliminated.

As far as Goff vs. Keenum is concerned - I'm more of a Mannion guy. ;)
Good post.
There is always that guy....Beatles or Stones?....naw, Hermans Hermits.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The only venting that I want to do is about expectations.....It feels like we are always settling for 8 wins, which in fact, we have never actually reached in the Jeff Fisher era. After four complete years, and a quarter of another year of football, what good coach can't get his team to 10 wins for the season, no matter what? I don't want to hear about injuries, or stacked boxes, or any other excuse. Jeff Fisher HAS NO EXCUSE anymore.

I like this guy. He is a successful coach that creates a good team, with the limited tools that he has. I think he could make the Rams into a winner, next year.
i161b64.png

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe maybe not.
I would love to eat crow on it.
At 3-2 I'm not pulling that trigger if it is up to me....unless info that none of us can know (the actual progress he has made) made the decision a simple one.

Your starting QB is arguably the worst in the NFL. You can't do much worse.

Bruce2980

Starter
The offense was moving the ball down the field all day, like 7 times. Had two passess that were nearly long TDs. Our defense held the Bills to 50 yards or so in the second half until the fake punt and no points allowed by the defense in the second half until after the fake punt. The pick 6 was the only other points scored by the Bills in that half, and that was not the fault of the Rams D. All the stats point to the Rams except the running game and turnovers. This was a very close game barring four or five run plays, and obviously three turnovers, otherwise this team dominated the Bills. It was the play calling before the fake punt, run, run, and pass well in front of the sticks, that hurt.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Saffold has been playing pretty poorly this year. He had an especially poor game yesterday.

Josh Forrest had a really bad game at LB yesterday. He was not prepared for Mccoy's shiftiness.

Keenum will forever limit our offense. Way too many 3rd and longs that are automatic dump offs. I think I will watch the all 22 of this game because I saw a number of drop backs that keenum had time and then just hit the dump off and hit it immediately before any pressure.

The fake punt was a poor play. Bad execution by us with stellar execution by them.

Bruce2980

Starter
I just think that it is better to fight for more opportunities than to force a do or die situation inside your own 30. Even if they make the fake punt they still have to drive 70 yards or so for a TD, so what was the point in the fake if there is no confidence in the offense. The D and STs could have forced a turnover. Or blocked a punt, stranger things have happened. They should have gone for the TD when on the four to tie the game if there was no faith in driving down for a score. I don't think Fisher has the ability to think ahead, he fails miserably at that, going for two points in Tampa is another example of his lack of foresight. Up by 12 would have forced Tampa to score 2 TDs , instead of being up by 11, where they would need one TD, a 2 pt conversion and a field goal. Driving the distance twice is harder than doing it once.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Vent Threads get locked after 24 hours.

Time to watch buffalo in the rear view mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.