The term "check down"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
This term is really starting to get on my nerves. What do you consider a check down?

Watching the game yesterday every third down we had all our receivers runs 3 to 5 yards and turn around WTF is that? One guy runs straight down the middle of the field and never turns around just looks like a clearing route. Yet people are still saying Sam is checking down to much. Just don't get it. I see Sam look downfield every play to the one guy there but he is doubled every time. There was a stat last week that said we have the top 3 receivers in the league that run routes less than 5 yards. Ridiculous.

Another thing on the td to pettis did anyone notice what givens did? He just ran down the field and went out of bounds. We have issues with this OC and I believe he is holding this offense back and refuses to open it up.

One thing I liked was first down throws and roll outs we need more of that.