The Sleep Regimen of NFL Players: How much sleep do you get each night?(Poll)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

How many hours of sleep do you get each night?

• More than 8 hours

Votes: 15 18.3%
  • 6 to 7 hours

Votes: 48 58.5%
  • 4 to 5 hours

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Sleep? What's that?

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
6-8 hours on weeknights. Usually closer to 6, but 8 is hardly rare for me.8-10 on weekends.

No excuse for NFLers not to get enough sleep. Players are on record as saying the biggest difference between college vs the pros is ,more free time since all you have to worry in the NFL is football. There's no class on top of it.

Alan

Legend
4-5 at night but I take at least two 1 hour naps almost everyday. Sometimes 3.:sleep:

TexasRam

Legend
I used to sleep 8-9 a night. Now I cant sleep more than 5 on most days. And I am always tired. I guess at age 44 with back issues and snoring problems its not gonna ever get better.

…..

Legend
I used to sleep 8-9 a night. Now I cant sleep more than 5 on most days. And I am always tired. I guess at age 44 with back issues and snoring problems its not gonna ever get better.

Same here. At 4-5 hours my back aches too much, so I wake up whether I want to or not. I get up at 5 am to work, get home around 8 that evening and I'm usually asleep between midnight and 1 am. I can go like that for 3-4 days then I usually take a day to sleep it all off and that day I'll slumber for 8-10 hours. Then start all over again.

Athos

Legend
I try to get a solid 8 every night. Hard sometimes.

Gotta do a better job of it. Especially since I'm trying to put weight on. Sleep is über important following strenuous exercise.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
snoring problems

I had a home sleep test done for Apnea. It came back normal, which was good. But they wanted me to go back for another test that was going to be like 1200 since I hadn't met my deductable yet...I was like, no thanks.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
try to get 8 but usually 6-7. I get up at 3:30 am for work. Usually in bed between 8-8:30 pm. But nerve and joint issues in my shoulders and wrists usually wake me often during the night. I probably on sleep 5 hrs.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
More and more, sleep is the being recognized as the most obvious, accessible and natural performance-enhancer in the NFL—the kind of secret weapon that players have always dreamed about.

Damn it, Stedman. I told you not to sleep 12 hours before you were tested.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I typically sleep 7-8 hours a day on average but my sleep schedule is very odd but predictable. I sleep 7-8 hours on maybe one day a week.(Tuesday) I have 3 other days where I get between 3 and 6 hours (Monday, Wednesday, and Sunday) and 3 other days where I get between 9 and 12 hours (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday). (y)

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH

Get a sleep study done. They are cheap. Your Insurance will probably pay for it. Sounds like you may have sleep apnea. I sleep elevated so I don't wear the mask anymore. Remember Reggie White died in bed when his wife thought he was just a snorer. I had the surgery to help. Does not always help everyone. I'm a mouth breather and don't snore anymore. Nose breathers adapt so much better and they LOVE the apnea mask and their best sleep of their life. My wife snores and is a very petite woman. You would NEVER expect the sound she can make. She needs a study and is putting it off. I'm retired and used to it so I don't complain. I think she would be benifited just like you. I also have the back issues and just hope you get the help that may change your life for so much better and the sleep study is painless and in Reggie Whites case would have saved that Beautifull man's life for all of us to benefit. Gone to soon.RIP. GOD BLESS YOU.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
4 hours or less most days. My wife and I are working opposite shifts so we don't have to pay for daycare for our 5 month old little girl. So I'm working 2pm to 10:30pm and she gets up at 3am and that's when the count down clock starts for me. I can't complain to much because I get to spend 9 hours a day with my little one but some days are really tough.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
6-7 hours like most of you.

I know everyone including me likes to sleep in on your days off, but that is the worst thing you can do. It really fucks up your sleep cycle when you sleep in 2 days or take naps during the day.

What you're supposed to do is go to bed the same time every night and wake up the same time every morning. Also to see how much sleep you really need, go to bed without an alarm clock set and see how many hours go before you naturally wake up.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Get a sleep study done. They are cheap. Your Insurance will probably pay for it. Sounds like you may have sleep apnea. I sleep elevated so I don't wear the mask anymore. Remember Reggie White died in bed when his wife thought he was just a snorer. I had the surgery to help. Does not always help everyone. I'm a mouth breather and don't snore anymore. Nose breathers adapt so much better and they LOVE the apnea mask and their best sleep of their life. My wife snores and is a very petite woman. You would NEVER expect the sound she can make. She needs a study and is putting it off. I'm retired and used to it so I don't complain. I think she would be benifited just like you. I also have the back issues and just hope you get the help that may change your life for so much better and the sleep study is painless and in Reggie Whites case would have saved that Beautifull man's life for all of us to benefit. Gone to soon.RIP. GOD BLESS YOU.

Yeah sleep apnea ain't no joke. It can lead to all sorts of health problems long term. Diabetes, hypertension, weight gain. And you're always feeling tired. My sleep study said I stopped breathing 82 times an hour during REM sleep. Doctor said he was amazed I wasn't falling asleep during the day. I did have to fight it driving home after work. The cpap pretty much improved my quality of life. I don't even nap in the afternoon anymore. I don't need it.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I would prefer 8, but I dust don't get it.
I get around 5-6 maybe 7 hours a night. sometimes 4.
I usually get tired around 6 or 7, but am busy cooking and bathing my kids. I get an unfortunate second wind around 8 or 9 pm keeping me up past 11.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
There are so many people posting crap on the internet it takes me longer to get to bed than it used to. After all, someone has to correct them. :)

I usually get about 5-6. 7 if I am lucky, and 9 once my wife comes home from work. (She is a pilot, so she is gone up to 10 days at a time and I get to take care of the house, dog, the kid and my job while she is away. Sleep usually losses)

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I had a home sleep test done for Apnea. It came back normal, which was good. But they wanted me to go back for another test that was going to be like 1200 since I hadn't met my deductable yet...I was like, no thanks.

I had one of these too but for free thanks to the National Health Service. It was done as part of testing into my snoring which was making my wife miserable.

I've got mild sleep apnoea but they ended up removing my tonsils and soft palette and straightening the cartilage between my nostrils. I don't snore any more but I still apparently breath very heavily at night.

I'd love to get the proper amount of sleep per night but with two young daughters waking up early, I'd need to go to sleep at about 9pm every night. Not happening.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I generally sleep 7-8 hours per night. If I get less than 6-7 hours I get pretty irritable the next day

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I went to the sleep clinic. I snored very loudly and it turns out that I had sleep apnea. I can't use the C-Pap machine because of my sinuses so they got me a TAP device which clamps into my mouth. It took about 2 weeks to get used to it but in the end I am really glad to have it. I get much better sleep than I had in years.

I have 4 rods in my neck that also support my skull. That can keep me from sleeping well at times too, but the TAP device allows me to get through it most nights.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I had one of these too but for free thanks to the National Health Service. It was done as part of testing into my snoring which was making my wife miserable.

I've got mild sleep apnoea but they ended up removing my tonsils and soft palette and straightening the cartilage between my nostrils. I don't snore any more but I still apparently breath very heavily at night.

I'd love to get the proper amount of sleep per night but with two young daughters waking up early, I'd need to go to sleep at about 9pm every night. Not happening.

My daughter co sleeps with us. I was against it but she would wake up my wife once a night to come get her. She is now 4 and it is going to be a very difficult habit to break. I really hate it myself. I don't like being touched while I sleep.