49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I for one am not sold on Purdy, I look for DCs to make life more difficult for him this season. Especially when he has to face NFC West opponents like the Rams. Teams usually seem to get up a little more for these divisional games.
I feel the same way about Purdy. He's not an elite talent. His arm is average at best. Certain throws he isn't good at. The system and the playmakers inflated his stats. Once that starts to decline, and it will, he's gonna look very average.

I feel like the 49ers are gonna be in the same boat as the Cowboys were with Dak Prescott. They have a fairly good quarterback who is not elite. But they're gonna end up paying him elite money because they have no choice.

In 2025 they're gonna be in cap hell. They're already projected to be well over the cap next year. OTC says by 23 million. Spotrac says by 30 million. Their top 7 salaries are 183 million in 2025. And that doesn't include Purdy and Aiyuk. Bosa's cap climbs to 42 million in 2026 and 52 million in 2027. If he plays like he did in 2023 he'd be nowhere near worth the cost.

This year is boom or bust for them. No matter what happens they're gonna have to make some difficult decisions on who to cut. And their depth is razor thin. A few injuries could derail the whole season for them. Imagine them getting knocked out in the wild card round and regressing back to a sub .500 team next year.

Just thinking about what could, and probably will happen is giving me a huge schadenboner. :devil:

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I feel the same way about Purdy. He's not an elite talent. His arm is average at best. Certain throws he isn't good at. The system and the playmakers inflated his stats. Once that starts to decline, and it will, he's gonna look very average.

I feel like the 49ers are gonna be in the same boat as the Cowboys were with Dak Prescott. They have a fairly good quarterback who is not elite. But they're gonna end up paying him elite money because they have no choice.

In 2025 they're gonna be in cap hell. They're already projected to be well over the cap next year. OTC says by 23 million. Spotrac says by 30 million. Their top 7 salaries are 183 million in 2025. And that doesn't include Purdy and Aiyuk. Bosa's cap climbs to 42 million in 2026 and 52 million in 2027. If he plays like he did in 2023 he'd be nowhere near worth the cost.

This year is boom or bust for them. No matter what happens they're gonna have to make some difficult decisions on who to cut. And their depth is razor thin. A few injuries could derail the whole season for them. Imagine them getting knocked out in the wild card round and regressing back to a sub .500 team next year.

Just thinking about what could, and probably will happen is giving me a huge schadenboner. :devil:

Not to mention the super bowl hangover/curse/jinx. Only Jim Kelly ever made it back to another super bowl after losing his first one (in recent memory). And Jim Kelly still never won a super bowl. If the whiners keep Aiyuk, this will be their last hurrah until cap hell sets in. Then they'll have a few lean years in which their stars will age but not necessarily have a real shot at the title.

It would be even better if the Rams prevent them from making the playoffs or knocking them out if they squeak in as a wild card.

Rat boy arguably had the best or one of the best rosters for years now and all he has is gut wrenching playoff losses with record breaking blown leads.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

As far as Purdy goes, he already looks underwhelming. He's got some pretty big limitations with his arm talent.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
As far as Purdy goes, he already looks underwhelming. He's got some pretty big limitations with his arm talent.
Exactly. There are plenty quarterbacks out there with better arm talent. He just does well in that system and is able to get the ball to the all star playmakers and let them make plays. Jimmy Garoppolo Part 2. I remember how their fans thought Jimmy GQ was the next coming.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Exactly. There are plenty quarterbacks out there with better arm talent. He just does well in that system and is able to get the ball to the all star playmakers and let them make plays. Jimmy Garoppolo Part 2. I remember how their fans thought Jimmy GQ was the next coming.
Hopefully he still has that swag as Mcvay would say.His more like Jimmy Gray hair Q ? Purdy has Excellent mobility !!! He is real dangerous outside the pocket.
He just got another weapon & if the players they have are healthy are tough.

The Niners got a High Draft grade from a couple NFL players.I look at The 2 FLORIDA STATE players they drafted ? That DEFENSE was special.IMO you look at Jordan Fuller & the 3 first Rd DB’s from Ohio State that year(2020) of how those players become Pros. You never know who really made that defense go as well ?

The Rams have more talent NOW to get after Purdy.He buys time & that is when he is more dangerous .The Rams really solidified there defense better on paper.The New CB’ & safeties really should make a difference both on & of the field.There depth just became better.
This is The Niners year & we’ll find out what Purdy is made of .

—I’ll say every time why KC beat the Niners. 1 - was Greenlaw going down & IMO The Rams need a W/MLB (Q. Lake) sideline to sideline who can cover TE’s & make tackles.
The other was 2-4 from the 7 yard line.Why put that on Purdy when you have The Best RB in The NFL ?
McCaffery 3 times for 4 yards ? RATBOY changed his play calling because he didn’t know The OT rule.That is not on Purdy or the Niner players. There isn’t many QB’s who avoid that DT pass rush.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IDK, he looked good to me and if Jake Moody makes an extra point, he would have been the Super Bowl MVP. And as God as my judge, I want to doubt him every day and twice on Sunday.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Purdy can look good when his OL is giving him a clean pocket and he has all of his key skill players on the field. You could say that about at least half of the starting QBs in the league.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Purdy can look good when his OL is giving him a clean pocket and he has all of his key skill players on the field. You could say that about at least half of the starting QBs in the league.
In post season, he kept a ton of plays alive with his legs, did he not?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Whiners are gonna choke this season. The Superbowl hangover is real. I'm going to enjoy watching them go down in flames. Fuck that shit franchise.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Whiners are gonna choke this season. The Superbowl hangover is real. I'm going to enjoy watching them go down in flames. Fuck that shit franchise.
I certainly hope you are right on all counts.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
The best thing for us as Ram fans is that Purdy has a solid season in 2024. Thereby causing 9er management to give him a big extension. Last thing I want is the rat to get his hands on a truly elite QB in SF.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
IDK, he looked good to me and if Jake Moody makes an extra point, he would have been the Super Bowl MVP. And as God as my judge, I want to doubt him every day and twice on Sunday.
Didn’t he only throw one pass outside the numbers in that game? He is a great fit for that system but I don’t think he’s an overall great QB.

However, good running ability does elevate him above the level that I had him, in my eyes.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
In post season, he kept a ton of plays alive with his legs, did he not?
That doesn’t change my point at all.

When Stafford played in the Super Bowl, he had no run support, and was down to one starting receiver in the second half, and he still lead the Rams to victory.

I don’t see Purdy succeeding in the face of similar adversity.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
What I saw was a quarterback who played well enough to not lose the game. And a quarterback who didn't do enough to win the game. Classic game manager who in my opinion isn't close to elite. But they will be paying him elite money a year from now. I have a feeling the Purdy love will change when they can't surround him with an all pro supporting class because they have too much tied up in aging players. Like I said, Jimmy Garoppolo Part 2.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah. As much as I want Purdy to suck, not only did he play pretty well in the playoffs but he's apparently putting in a lot of work during the off season. I'm guessing the Rams coaches are not dismissing him like many on here. Maybe we're in denial and hoping there is no way the Whiners could hit on a QB that was Mr. Irrelevant. It really sucks ass if he continues to develop.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah. As much as I want Purdy to suck, not only did he play pretty well in the playoffs but he's apparently putting in a lot of work during the off season. I'm guessing the Rams coaches are not dismissing him like many on here. Maybe we're in denial and hoping there is no way the Whiners could hit on a QB that was Mr. Irrelevant. It really sucks ass if he continues to develop.
You are correct... Purdy does not suck, and he did make some plays in the playoffs but he was drafted at 254 for a reason. His arm is mediocre and there ain't no developing that. JMO, of course.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
That’s the thing about purdy. Hes got a 7th round arm. Between the offensive scheme and (let’s give credit where credit is due) purdy’s pre-snap reads, his inferior arm is well hidden. He’s excellent at floating a touch pass to to “the right guy” , but he lacks the ability to consistently drill a pass into a tight window.

To wit:
1) ironically, the only “close games” the 9ers won were beating a young “happy to be here” packers team and an imploding (thanks coach) lions team in the playoffs. The early season win vs the Rams was about the only “one score” regular season game the 9ers won all year. They either came out blasting or they got there ass handed to them.
2) go back and watch how many times purdy missed a TD in the back of the end zone from over 20 yards out during the playoffs.
Go back and watch how many times Stafford threaded the needle in “rgotta have it” situations in the 2021 postseason.
See the difference? One guy was picked #1 overall. One was Mr irrelevant.

As always, FUCK THE 9ERS.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd

And if the Rams could have converted one red zone FG into a TD vs the lions they would have been playing the 9ers in the NFCCG.

When we look at the facts, including a rookie kicker missing a PAT, the 9ers have deserved and earned the reputation as chokers.