49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Purdy should send some of his money to the Lions. They let him off the hook. That deep ball that was an interception waiting to happen and bounced off the dbs helmet right into ayuks arms. C'mon. Then Gibbs fumbled next play.

He should have been sent home with his tail between his legs. Ends up in the superbowl.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That’s the thing about purdy. Hes got a 7th round arm. Between the offensive scheme and (let’s give credit where credit is due) purdy’s pre-snap reads, his inferior arm is well hidden. He’s excellent at floating a touch pass to to “the right guy” , but he lacks the ability to consistently drill a pass into a tight window.

To wit:
1) ironically, the only “close games” the 9ers won were beating a young “happy to be here” packers team and an imploding (thanks coach) lions team in the playoffs. The early season win vs the Rams was about the only “one score” regular season game the 9ers won all year. They either came out blasting or they got there ass handed to them.
2) go back and watch how many times purdy missed a TD in the back of the end zone from over 20 yards out during the playoffs.
Go back and watch how many times Stafford threaded the needle in “rgotta have it” situations in the 2021 postseason.
See the difference? One guy was picked #1 overall. One was Mr irrelevant.

As always, FUCK THE 9ERS.
Yeah. It’s still surprising that Purdy lasted so long in the draft. He looks like a second or third round QB. The mental part is usually the biggest obstacle.

I think a guy like Gardner Minshew could run that offense with the group of weapons that the Niners have.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So, draft nut guys..... how was the Niners draft this year ?
I wasn’t impressed. They took Pearsall in round one which was a bit early. Most projections had him at the end of round 2. But who knows if NFL teams liked him better than the draft guys. Pearsall is a very good route runner and can make some great catches. He’s very athletic, but he’s not the strong, physical type that Shanahan usually likes.

Renardo Green is another guy taken too early. He’s more of a third round corner, he’s a good athlete but not a great football player. He needs to refine his skills. He’s more of a hitter than a tackler and isn’t the most fluid mover which makes it difficult to turn and cover. He gets sloppy and is likely to get his share of penalties. I felt that there were much better CBs available

Dominick Puni is a project. He looks more like an immediate Oline depth piece to me.

I like safety Malik Mustapha a lot. He’s a high character type. He’s small but thick and he can hit like a tank. I was hoping the Rams would draft him but it seems they wanted a player with more range in Kinchens. Mustache has good instincts and a knack for reading a play and knowing where to be on time.

Isaac Guerendo is a speedy RB, but he’s not the typical Shanahan RB. He’s isn’t that physical.

Cowing is a late round receiver who looks like another depth piece.

Overall I don’t see that they got anyone of serious impact. Pearsall is a slot receiver. So maybe if they trade Deebo or Aiyuk, he gets more touches. But they are only so many balls to be passed around. He’s still a good player though.

Mustache should have an immediate impact if they go with some three safety looks like the Rams were doing. Otherwise it’s not likely that he unseat Second round 2023 pick Jayir Brown, or Tufanga who is returning from injury.

Maybe it’s to be expected on a stacked roster, but I don’t see any Kittle or Fred Warner type.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You are correct... Purdy does not suck, and he did make some plays in the playoffs but he was drafted at 254 for a reason. His arm is mediocre and there ain't no developing that. JMO, of course.
Hope you're right.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame

Purdy should send some of his money to the Lions. They let him off the hook. That deep ball that was an interception waiting to happen and bounced off the dbs helmet right into ayuks arms. C'mon. Then Gibbs fumbled next play.

He should have been sent home with his tail between his legs. Ends up in the superbowl.

I think the deep game is Purdy's weakness.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Purdy is a significant upgrade over Jimmy. He is very consistent snap to snap. Smart and quick on reads. And moves well in the pocket. Having him plus that run game plus that top end defense makes for a tough combination to beat.

So to beat them you stuff their run game first. Rams look ready to compete with them in that. Secondly you make Purdy hold the ball by taking away his quick hitters for easy yards. Rams may have a secondary capable of that this year we'll see. And on the other side of the ball you need to be stout up front. Check again.

I think we'll give them everything they can handle from here on out with this new approach.