The Rams will Overcome

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Without Bradford for this entire year, we'd be a 2 or 3 win team. With our brutal schedule down the stretch, I see 1 or 2 wins max. The QB is just too important especially when you don't have a capable backup. If we had a Shaun Hill type backup, I'd feel like we might be able to be competitive. But not with Clemens imo.

In terms of talent, we aren't one of the worst but talent isn't everything. Ask the 2011 Colts.

As far as the defense, I didn't see anything promising in that game against Carolina except for the run defense early on. Quinn is still tearing it up too. The pass defense is as vomit worthy as ever.

Agreed on the schedule and understand the importance of the QB to the whole team. I'm not expecting a playoff run with Bradford down but that wasn't a lock with him this season either. It would be unrealistic to think Clemens will be able to replace Bradford's contribution but I do think the offense is capable of stepping it up a bit to help him out.

As for the defense, their performance against the run in the Carolina game was very encouraging (at least before Long was ejected) and Fig Newton didn't exactly light them up either. He did have an efficient game. I'm hoping for a more aggressive approach going forward so the D can keep the scores low.

I guess what I'm trying to say (badly) is that the whole team, though wildly inconsistent seems to be coming together and I just can't get on the "season is lost" bandwagon. Fisher is the type of coach that will use the loss of Sam as motivation and the coaching staff will make adjustments. We can be competitive even with Clemens at QB but given the schedule its not likely to translate to many wins.

Not expecting miracles but not throwing in the towel either. For me being competitive equates to success at this point this season and that would probably hold true for any team that lost it's starting QB. Anything more than that is gravy.

ramfidelis

UDFA
I'm feeling pretty good in spite of how things have been going. Perhaps some of that is knowing the deadskins are 2-5... and we are on track for a pretty high first round pick from them.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I actually thought the Rams played better in many aspects losing to Carolina than they did beating the Texans. If both games were without turnovers, the outcomes may have been reversed.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Hawks blow us out since the back to back Cowboy/9'er fiasco happened just a month ago.

With that said this young team is developing in the right direction. Guys like Quinn, Ogletree, Brockers, Jenkins, Johnson, McCleod, Stacy, Quick, Givens, Austin, Armstrong, Harkey, and Bailey look like good players getting better to me. Now, I really wish one of those names came from the offensive line, but I'll rant that on another thread.

So I've decided to treat this season like my golf game. I won't expect greatness because it's just too unlikely. But at least I can enjoy seeing good moments of progress.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm not buying the season is lost mentality. Never have never could. Despite all the Clemens haters out there, I think he will play good football. I've seen teams that need something to get pissed off about before they pin their ears back. Maybe Sam in street clothes and everyone counting the team out because of the loss of one player will be that something. I'm not delusional in thinking that Clemens will suddenly become the next Warner. I'm thinking they have something to show - not prove and they are going to come out with a want to hurt someone. And hurt someone they will. Rams will win this game.

nighttrain

Legend
i just want to see our defense keep us in the game, show up lay some wood on Russell
train

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I live in the seahags area and get to see their story every week. In Seattle they are a great team on the road not so much. So throwing the towel in because someone can't get behind Clemens just bugs the daylights out of me. As if any of us know anything about what he can bring at this point.

He has not played much but when he has he has not lost the games. 2 TDs 2 INTs and 1 Fumble. The team he played with sucked and there was little chance of winning those games even with Bradford at QB.

Tonight's game will show a lot about what might be possible will they make the playoffs? Very long odds.

I can tell you I am wearing my colors and getting lots of flak and I love it!!

GO RAMS!!!

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Look ... if we play sound defense and ST's ... are able to run the ball, then this game could go either way. Seattle is not the best road team. But we cannot keep playing like a JV team and make the self inflicted mistakes. This yrs' team has killed itself as much as the other team just flat out beating them. Time to pull their collective heads out of their asses and play like PROFESSIONALS!

THAT would be a good start.