The Rams tried to claim a Corner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

The Los Angeles Rams were on the hunt for cornerback hunt recently with Derion Kendrick struggling. According to Ari Meirov of The 33rd Team, the Rams attempted to claim rookie cornerback Kyu Blu Kelly off waivers from the Seattle Seahawks. However, the Green Bay Packers were one spot higher in the waiver order so they were awarded Kelly.

The Seahawks recently waived Kelly, which was his second time being cut this year despite being a fifth-round rookie. He was drafted 157th overall by the Ravens out of Stanford but he was waived in late August and claimed the next day by the Seahawks.

He was active for five games in Seattle but only played special teams. He did not play a snap on defense.

Los Angeles gave Duke Shelley more snaps in recent weeks and has also played Quentin Lake in the slot, as well. Kendrick has struggled lately so the Rams could be looking for help at that position. Unfortunately, the Packers beat them to the punch with Kelly.

Story originally appeared on Rams Wire

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think it may be a leap in logic by the author. It’s more likely a depth move because Durant is injured

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I liked Kelly in the draft process, too bad we couldn't add him.

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
The dolphins released CB Kelvin Joseph. A 2nd rounder from Dallas in 2021.

Was traded to the Dolphins.

Young guy with good starting experience.

Also I'm still saying Desmond King is still available as a CB lol

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Was this a coincidence? Seattle claimed Brett Rypien and surprise, surprise, the Rams are their next opponent. Had the Rams been awarded Kelly it would have been a similar situation. I wonder, was Kelly waived to make room for Rypien? Certainly Rypien offers more knowledge of the Rams than Kelly offers from Seattle but it's a strange coincidence.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
See no value to adding Rypien. They hired a former McVay coordinator. Still lost week 1. Hawks playing so well I think they blow us out. Now Hawks are 6th or 7th best NFC team. They are going nowhere.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Bit of a red flag if a 1st year 5th round pick has been cut twice by November

PARAM

Hall of Fame
See no value to adding Rypien. They hired a former McVay coordinator. Still lost week 1. Hawks playing so well I think they blow us out. Now Hawks are 6th or 7th best NFC team. They are going nowhere.
The Bobby Wagner led D has allowed 162 YPG rushing and 23 PPG the last 4. They're averaging 330 yards on offense (94-236), have turned the ball over 7 times, are minus 1 the last 4 games and have a TOP average of 25:34. Yet they're 3-1. I don't know about good but they've sure been lucky.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The dolphins released CB Kelvin Joseph. A 2nd rounder from Dallas in 2021.

Was traded to the Dolphins.

Young guy with good starting experience.

Also I'm still saying Desmond King is still available as a CB lol

Joseph has serious character issues. No thanks.

oldnotdead

Legend
Agreed Memento, DK and not having Bennett have cost this team games. The last thing they need is more of the same.