The Rams have ties to two star Georgia running backs now

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
The Rams have ties to two star Georgia running backs now
gurleyjersey.jpg

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2016/06/29/rams-have-ties-to-two-star-georgia-running-backs-now/

By: Jake Ellenbogen | 7 hours ago

As we know, the Los Angeles Rams have one star running back from Georgia in Todd Gurley, via the 2015 NFL draft. Fun fact — did you know they also have ties to another Georgia star RB as well?

Nick Chubb, Gurley’s successor and a star at Georgia is tied to the Rams thanks to his cousin, who just so happens to be UDFA linebacker Brandon Chubb from Wake Forest.

brandonchubb2.jpg

Best of all, the former Demon Deacon loves special teams, which is good news for him, because that may be his way of making the team’s 53-man roster this offseason. Chubb is considered a long shot.

Chubb spoke about being a long shot with Dan Collins of the Winston Salem Journal, and sounds about used to it at this point.

“That’s kind of the story behind me. That’s what I’ve been doing my whole life.’’

Brandon may have gone undrafted, but that definitely shouldn’t be the case for his cousin Nick. Even though he suffered what was one of the most gruesome knee injuries imaginable, he is still widely considered to be a first-round draft pick whenever he decides to enter the NFL draft (he’s only played one full collegiate season, and half of another).

It seems as though Nick will most likely make an NFL roster as soon as he steps into the league. His cousin Brandon, on the other hand will be battling from the word go. Fortunately, that doesn’t seem like any type of an issue for one of the newest Rams.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I can't wait to see the battle at linebacker this year. Lots of young and promising like Josh Forrest and those UDFAs. I'd like to see the Seau kid do well

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Look at you!!! All grown up and bushy tailed in here!!!! @jakebogen95 Love your posts!

Now, question time.... We have Hagar, Lynch, Chubb, and Forrest. All fighting for spots behind Tree, Ayers, and Barron (still a SS in my book)....Who do you like, and list them in order....

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I love that we have a little developing depth at LB finally.