The Rams Have Established A Clear Window Of Contention

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ROD-BOT

News Feeder

The Rams Have Established A Clear Window Of Contention​

The Los Angeles Rams would like to prove that their Super Bowl LVI victory wasn’t luck.

Therefore, they want to win more titles in the next few years to solidify their dynasty.

General Manager Les Snead has been shrewd in making sure that the team remains competitive after some initial success.

He has already built the core that will keep the Rams as one of the league’s top teams.

However, their window of opportunity has an expiration and they must make the most of their opportunity now.

View: https://twitter.com/pff/status/1534916235833516033?s=21&t=ICuZftLIwzoW5Q9X3qVlGg

Pro Football Focus shows the expiration of the notable contracts on the Rams’ roster.

Aaron Donald‘s deal will end in 2024 because the team did not add years to his contract.

However, they did add a ton of money to make him the highest-paid non-quarterback in the NFL.

It would be difficult to see him playing beyond that season because he has contemplated retirement.

If the Rams end up winning more titles during his tenure, there would be nothing left for him to chase.

Meanwhile, the team signed All-Pro cornerback Jalen Ramsey to a five-year, $100 million deal in 2020.

That contract will keep him with the Rams until 2025 when he is already 31 years old.

Unfortunately, Father Time hasn’t been generous to cornerbacks as they age and Ramsey could be a casualty.

He could still play beyond that year, but he might not be the same defensive menace he once was.

Solid Partnership On The Rams Offense

Both Matthew Stafford and Cooper Kupp will have their contracts with the Rams expire in 2026.

Stafford signed a four-year, $160 million extension while Kupp got a three-year, $90 million deal with $75 million in guaranteed money.

That amount makes the reigning Offensive Player of the Year one of the highest-paid wideouts in the league.

Even if Donald and Ramsey decide to not return, Stafford and Kupp will keep the Rams competitive.

After which, it’s difficult to see where the franchise is going, unless Snead has more tricks up his sleeve.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Yeah, I can see Snead just throwing up his hands after ‘26. They’ve probably got several potential qbs identified already, whether they’re in middle school or under contract somewhere else. Is Jacksonville still a shitshow in 4 years or Chicago? The rams front office are progressive thinkers who don’t mind being ahead of the curve, Kroenke had a front row seat to the collapse of the team and I’m not expecting this franchise to fall off a cliff like it did after the gsot.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Screw that window!!! Back to back to back. After that who cares? Snead could pick his next job (and salary) and McVay could make a ton of money on TV. Ram fans would want more but I'd die a happy camper.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"They have to win at least 5 Superbowls to justify giving up all those 1st round picks."
Seriously, the fact they won 1 Superbowl in Los Angeles, during my lifetime, I can die a happy man.
Anything else beyond this one is pure fricken gravy!

1655044548659.png

dang

Legend
As the Rams continue to play at NFL top 5 level ball the only thing they won’t be able to replicate in maintaining an elite roster is drafting another Aaron’s Donald. All of their other moves are repeatable.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I believe the Rams will draft heir apparent to Matthew Stafford in 2023 and IMO, it will be a second round pick and the player will be Kentucky QB Will Levis....He even looks like Stafford.
1655048793681.png

jap

Legend
As the Rams continue to play at NFL top 5 level ball the only thing they won’t be able to replicate in maintaining an elite roster is drafting another Aaron’s Donald. All of their other moves are repeatable.
You think so? Here at Frankenstein & Associates we are building Aaron's successor as we communicate. We are still trying to find a suitable workaround to the green kryptonite liability, but everything else looks great. We may end up having to encase the AD successor in lead armor (which we choose to refer to as "padding") to shield him from the effects of the green stuff.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I don't like for the term "window" The rams have shown that their approach to winning isn't limited to or defined by the usual norms of how teams win and how many years they can be a contender, or champion. From contracts and approaching the draft to how they play starters in the preseason, they have redefined how to win in the NFL.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I don't like for the term "window"
I don't mind it if the proper description is used. If it's a window, it's a bay window, not a bathroom window (which is the usual vision one gets when window is mentioned).

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Super Bowl wins are very special and if your team wins one you should be ecstatic. A second win or back to back is just the next thing to cheer for.
Lets Go Rams!!!!!!