The Ram Cam Conspiracy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
Do you like a good conspiracy? I do.

In the Rams huge win vs the Pats in week 14, Cam Akers exploded and put the league on notice with a huge game that looked Taylor made for the Pats with some great run designs that looked weeks in the works out of formations the Rams rarely used before such as using Gerald Everett as a lead blocker.

Before the Pats game, Akers was listed as questionable with a "Shoulder injury". Maybe you missed that....I didn't. But then he magically appeared active on game day and the huge game took everyone by surprise.

After the record breaking game vs the Pats, Akers was asked about the shoulder injury and he smiled and asked "What shoulder injury?". :sneaky: When asked again he smiled again and raising his eyebrows said "What shoulder injury". Hmmmmmmm. :hush:

In week 15 vs the Jets Cam came out of the game for a while on a supposed injury. He then Returned and made some huge runs that were unfortunately called back for holding. He made some hard cuts that looked pretty seemless.

Mysteriously, Cam Akers went on the injury report this week as out - with an ankle injury.:whistle:

Could it be that Shaun Mcvay is saving his secret weapon - Akers - for another huge outing in the playoffs? If Arizona beats SF on Saturday or the Bears lose in the early Sunday game the Rams will automatically clinch their playoff spot and resting starters could take priority in Mcvays mind. Actually - even if those things didn't happen, Akers is only listed out one week, so he could always return vs Arizona - if needed - a team the Rams beat very easily a few weeks back. Otherwise, if the Rams clinch Akers will probably be resting two full games before the playoff run.

Mcvay has been known to rest starters in previous seasons after clinching his playoff spot.

So is Cam Akers really hurt? Or might we see him explode in the playoffs after lots of rest?

If we see him break out in the playoffs you might just see him respond in the post game conference with a smile and the words "What ankle?";)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well... put me in the camp hoping there is something in our back pocket to jolt the offense.

If Akers is that, he will be playing.

You don’t save it, when you need it now.

But, I am willing to tell myself you are on to something :biggrin:

jacktheripper85

Starter
Do you like a good conspiracy? I do.

In the Rams huge win vs the Pats in week 14, Cam Akers exploded and put the league on notice with a huge game that looked Taylor made for the Pats with some great run designs that looked weeks in the works out of formations the Rams rarely used before such as using Gerald Everett as a lead blocker.

Before the Pats game, Akers was listed as questionable with a "Shoulder injury". Maybe you missed that....I didn't. But then he magically appeared active on game day and the huge game took everyone by surprise.

After the record breaking game vs the Pats, Akers was asked about the shoulder injury and he smiled and asked "What shoulder injury?". :sneaky: When asked again he smiled again and raising his eyebrows said "What shoulder injury". Hmmmmmmm. :hush:

In week 15 vs the Jets Cam came out of the game for a while on a supposed injury. He then Returned and made some huge runs that were unfortunately called back for holding. He made some hard cuts that looked pretty seemless.

Mysteriously, Cam Akers went on the injury report this week as out - with an ankle injury.:whistle:

Could it be that Shaun Mcvay is saving his secret weapon - Akers - for another huge outing in the playoffs? If Arizona beats SF on Saturday or the Bears lose in the early Sunday game the Rams will automatically clinch their playoff spot and resting starters could take priority in Mcvays mind. Actually - even if those things didn't happen, Akers is only listed out one week, so he could always return vs Arizona - if needed - a team the Rams beat very easily a few weeks back. Otherwise, if the Rams clinch Akers will probably be resting two full games before the playoff run.

Mcvay has been known to rest starters in previous seasons after clinching his playoff spot.

So is Cam Akers really hurt? Or might we see him explode in the playoffs after lots of rest?

If we see him break out in the playoffs you might just see him respond in the post game conference with a smile and the words "What ankle?";)

0449F1D3-15C7-42D4-9E2E-FC2F2883569E.jpeg