The Positives?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
It's been a rough season. Injuries have decimated our team and the 2022 season. My main hope is that the whiners lose in the playoffs (I hate them in case you didn't notice). The season is not yet over, but let's look at the positives for next season, assuming we don't somehow make the playoffs and win Super Bowl 57.

Skowronek is getting better and looks like he could be a major contributor with his size and catch range. Tutu looks like he can stretch the defense and make some plays down the field. Powell can contribute more than as a returner. Baker is a overall #1 pick that we got for nothing. If McVay can tap his potential, we might have Stafford's replacement pretty cheap. The whiners spend most of their draft capital on Trey Lance and CMC and their cupboard is bare next season and beyond. If they don't win it this season, they'll be screwed by the cap.

The bad season allows us to rest key players now like Stafford, AD, Cooper and some others. We can start to jettison the players who might not be around next season to save cap space.

Now I'm not in anyway saying I'm happy with how this season played out but maybe we draft at #12 for example, we might get some decent chances to draft areas of need. along with free agency with the player friendly culture that McSnead has created.

The Rams reload, not rebuild. :)

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
It's been a rough season. Injuries have decimated our team and the 2022 season. My main hope is that the whiners lose in the playoffs (I hate them in case you didn't notice). The season is not yet over, but let's look at the positives for next season, assuming we don't somehow make the playoffs and win Super Bowl 57.

Skowronek is getting better and looks like he could be a major contributor with his size and catch range. Tutu looks like he can stretch the defense and make some plays down the field. Powell can contribute more than as a returner. Baker is a overall #1 pick that we got for nothing. If McVay can tap his potential, we might have Stafford's replacement pretty cheap. The whiners spend most of their draft capital on Trey Lance and CMC and their cupboard is bare next season and beyond. If they don't win it this season, they'll be screwed by the cap.

The bad season allows us to rest key players now like Stafford, AD, Cooper and some others. We can start to jettison the players who might not be around next season to save cap space.

Now I'm not in anyway saying I'm happy with how this season played out but maybe we draft at #12 for example, we might get some decent chances to draft areas of need. along with free agency with the player friendly culture that McSnead has created.

9ers falling apart will be sweet to watch… personnel evaluation and understanding where we are thin has been a silver lining. We now now what we need to draft and develop.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

Agreed this is and a good way to keep this season interesting. However, you DO realize the Rams 1st rounder this year belongs to the Detroit Goffs right?

fearsomefour

Legend
The biggest advantage to adding Mayfield is the development of the young receivers.
I love the try hard and toughness of our back up QBs.....but, the difference in arm talent from Mayfield to Wolford or Perkins is profound. No surprise there.
The advantage of these young receivers getting these reps....taking first team snaps all week.....then playing that role as a starting WR in games, is invaluable. Game reps, reps reps.
Developing guys like Tutu and Skowronek could reap major rewards next year. Tutu is showing he is a receiver. He can be more than just a deep go route guy.....although I think we need to see more of that. Skowronek is starting to show he can make some plays downfield.
Their development would have been hindered by QBs who can't get the ball out.
Assuming their development continues the Rams can have very good WR depth next year without chasing down a high priced FA.
The same can be said for the OL.
In terms of depth the Rams certainly figured out what they don't have.
On the positive side Jackson looked promising. I think the Rams have found a couple of cheap, vet additions in Ty and Skura to provide possible depth next year. I think Ty is a serviceable NFL LT. No one is going to confuse him with Orlando Pace, but, he is not terrible.
Keeping him should probably be a low price priority with the status of Noteboom and Jackson either up in the air long term ability unsure.
The same is happening on defense now with the release of a few role players.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
Yeah all I have to root for right now is Goff doing well with the Lions (yes sorry) and seeing the Whiners delivered another heartbreak

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agreed this is and a good way to keep this season interesting. However, you DO realize the Rams 1st rounder this year belongs to the Detroit Goffs right?

Yes and higher draft picks for us also means Detroit gets a decent #1 pick. But we got SB 56, so it was worth it.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Tutu Atwell's development has been a major positive this year.

No, we'll never forget the guy we *could* have drafted in his stead.

But it looks like he has a solid chance to develop into a real player.

Sounds like Tutu really wanted to get better and spent much of the offseason training with Cooper Kupp. No surprise then that he's taken a big jump forward this year.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uJOdIBfs3o

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
A fun detail from the interview with Tutu:
he names the four guys he thinks are the fastest guys on the Rams this year.

Who do y'all think Tutu says are the 4 fastest Rams? I'll provide the answer on Monday...

fearsomefour

Legend
A fun detail from the interview with Tutu:
he names the four guys he thinks are the fastest guys on the Rams this year.

Who do y'all think Tutu says are the 4 fastest Rams? I'll provide the answer on Monday...
Himself, Ramsey, Jefferson, J Harris.
No idea what Harris runs but I have noticed he was nearly always the first one down on punt coverage.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Himself, Ramsey, Jefferson, J Harris.
No idea what Harris runs but I have noticed he was nearly always the first one down on punt coverage.
Yeah, you guys are mostly right. According to Tutu, the guys he'd pick for a 4 x 100 relay would be:

Van Jeff
Ramsey
Himself
Rochell

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well if Baker keeps playing well maybe the Rams can flip Stafford for some draft value that can fix the OL. That could be a positive. It would feel shitty but he is no good to us if the line is shit at his age, and he could help a team like say the Dolphins.

ILB play has been a positive. Wish we had better pass D then we would feel that more.

RB room cleanup was a positive. We still lack top quality but the pieces suit the roles.

Hoecht is a positive. Enjoying his power off that edge, lot of LTs are more cardio nowadays so power can play as long as they can contain.

Skow is a positive. Good team first guy to have on the depth chart. Also feeling better about Tutu, he seems hungry and locked in so if he keeps that up good things may lie ahead.

Getting this window with Van serving as a primary possession threat is a positive. One of the drawbacks to the quality of guys like Kupp is they can eat opportunities. Hope he keeps playing like he just did and the experience is gonna help him.

Hill has been a positive. He has been in good position a lot.