The play that changed the game.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
The play that made the biggest difference in this game and that pissed me off the most is the take away illegal contact against I think Robinson on Brian Quick. Shaun Hill threw deep down the sideline for Quick and the corner was called for illegal contact and they took it away because "the ball was in the air". Since when is that not a fucking penalty? The whole entire pre season they pounded the table on making sure the defenders played the ball and not the player. Why the fuck wasn't it a penalty? It completely change the game.

Bkfld_Rams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hear you. If the ball is in the air doesn't it become pass interference? Several penalties on that, our first decent drive of the game.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Ya I didn't get that call either. WTF Rams get called for everything every week. Seahawks mug receivers all night Thursday again and don't get called for shit

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
when it starts going downhill, it goes fast....I still think the pick, then the TD were plays that changed the game...So, lookin at you Hill & EJ....:cautious:

wmc540

Pro Bowler
I feel like an argument could be made that Robert Quinn forced a strip sack and not an incompletion as well.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
We are always one of the most penalized teams in the league it seems like and my suspicion is that the refs are told to have it that way.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It would make sense if it wasn't at the intended wr.
At the intended wr it's holding or pi.

Idk.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The play that made the biggest difference in this game and that pissed me off the most is the take away illegal contact against I think Robinson on Brian Quick. Shaun Hill threw deep down the sideline for Quick and the corner was called for illegal contact and they took it away because "the ball was in the air". Since when is that not a freaking penalty? The whole entire pre season they pounded the table on making sure the defenders played the ball and not the player. Why the freak wasn't it a penalty? It completely change the game.

I thought it was the 3rd down pass to Brian Quick. I thought he had it, wondered why they didn't challenge it or make them measure it. I didn't even see a tv replay.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Ya I didn't get that call either. WTF Rams get called for everything every week. Seahawks mug receivers all night Thursday again and don't get called for crap

I was thinking the same thing on thurs night too laughing my ass off about it. After all that shit in the pre-season sigh.

There was a lot of dumb calls and a lot of shit that blatantly should've been called.

The play that changed the game imo was the Hill turnover. Fisher said he was injured on the play and trying to get it out of bounds. Then the dagger was the Patterson run, the look on players faces afterwords was gut wrenching. They were demoralized.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I feel like an argument could be made that Robert Quinn forced a strip sack and not an incompletion as well.

What was that? I've been meaning to ask. His hand was not going forward... why the call and no challenge?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
What was that? I've been meaning to ask. His hand was not going forward... why the call and no challenge?
That ball was coming loose before the pass, IMO.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed, DR Ram.

As far as the OP question, illegal contact cannot be called after the ball leaves the QB's hand. HOWEVER, the fact that they threw the flag should have made it pass interference. It was insane that the flag was picked up. They basically said, "Oh, we would have flagged you had the ball not been thrown and you hit the WR but since the ball was thrown, you hit him and kept him from being able to go after the ball...we're not going to call anything". Crazy to me. That ball was possibly catchable if Rhodes didn't illegally bump Quick off his route.

It's just one of the many calls that Hochuli and his crew blew in that game.