The Philadelphia Eagles off-season strategy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We don’t talk much about the Eagles around here… but they are LOADED this off-season with 3 first round picks, 10 picks in total, and at least $14M in cap room (plus $30M more if they move stuff around).

They could make a splash in free agency.

At QB… what about Jalen Hurts. Is he the answer?

If not, this draft doesn’t appear loaded at QB.

Lots of fans want a trade for Russell Wilson. Eagles have 3 first rounders, Hurts, and maybe other players like Fletcher Cox to dangle for a QB trade.

What do you do if you are the Eagles? You have lots of ammo.

It is a VERY interesting off-season for Eagles fans!

DRAFT PICKS

15. Philadelphia Eagles (via 9-8 MIA)

The biggest question facing the Eagles is whether to use one of their three first-round picks to acquire a quarterback or roll with Jalen Hurts for another season and build up the talent around him. This is not considered a particularly strong quarterback class, but some notable veterans could be available by trade, including Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson. Expect Philadelphia to explore all options.

This pick was originally Miami's, but it went to the Eagles in last year's deal that included the 49ers. -- Tim McManus

16. Philadelphia Eagles (via 9-8 IND)

This pick comes to the Eagles as a result of their trade with the Colts for quarterback Carson Wentz. Wentz had to play at least 75% of the snaps for the pick to become a first-rounder. Philadelphia also received a third-round pick in the 2021 draft, which it used to trade up two spots with Dallas in Round 1 to take wide receiver DeVonta Smith. -- ESPN staff

19. Philadelphia Eagles (9-8)

The Eagles finished with six wins in their final eight games, pushing them into a wild-card spot in the playoffs. They were blown out by the Bucs, however. Through Week 7 of the season, this pick was projected to land at No. 10 by the FPI. -- ESPN staff

OTHER ARTICLES

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, if I were the Eagles, I'd go all in on trading for a QB. Hurts isn't the answer. They certainly have the picks to make it happen.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
They should try to get Watson. I don’t think Wilson, or Rodgers okay a trade to Philly. Plus that’s an nFC to NFC trade.

Three first round picks in this years draft would be tempting though.

Cox is not what he once was. He was drafted when Brockers was.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
They should try to get Watson. I don’t think Wilson, or Rodgers okay a trade to Philly. Plus that’s an nFC to NFC trade.
I dislike the Eagles much has to do with Philadelphia fans, however, I concur with @Elmgrovegnome include Hurts in the deal and I believe with those picks the Texans would jump at the deal to put this behind them. Problem is, I'm not sure Watson can beat this so that's why everyone is waiting to see how it plays out.

I like Hurts more than most, he can keep you in games with his legs so I would draft somebody like Sam Howell, who can throw into tight windows and let Head Coach the Italian Stallion Nick Sirianni see if he can develop Howell.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd personally try to rebuild with a second round quarterback (not Hurts). There's good quarterbacks in this class (Howell, Ridder, Pickett), but I wouldn't take them with a first round pick. Last year, there were five quarterbacks in the first round, and all of them were better than this class.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Man they got a lot to do. Older roster and some players not panning out (Jalen Reagor, Andre Dilliard, etc). Time for a youth movement. It really won't matter who they take b/c any position can be helpful. They need another WR to go outside Devonta Smith, plus corner, pass rushers, younger linemen.

Just roll with Jalen Hurts. I fail to see how a rookie QB this year would make them better. They're in a weak division so it can be had.