The permutations are doing my head in

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is there anybody who could make the playoffs that we absolutely cannot meet with games going certain ways other than Green Bay?

I really do not want the 9ers back-to-back.

Having said that, if Stafford can get his shit together and we start to click on all cylinders I think we're the best team in the NFL and capable of beating anybody.

That's a big if though.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Your first sentence almost did my head in! Finally got your drift on the third read....

Yeah, we could play almost anyone, seems like.

The difference between 2 seed and 5 seed is enormous, for so many reasons. What a game coming up.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we beat the niners (a big if) and if the saints win, the niners don’t make the playoffs. We have to somehow beat SF in week 18 to have a chance for this to happen and clinch the division. I’m guessing the Cards beat the Hawks next week to keep the pressure on.

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Your first sentence almost did my head in! Finally got your drift on the third read....

Yeah, we could play almost anyone, seems like.

The difference between 2 seed and 5 seed is enormous, for so many reasons. What a game coming up.
Commas are for wimps.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If Stafford plays the first half like he does the second half we win the Superbowl. Figure it out Matt!

KJD_Ram

Rookie
to avoid Frisco in round one, the simple solution is to beat them this weekend....BUT it looks like we really need Dallas to beat Philly Saturday because if Philly wins that opens up a couple of scenarios where we would match up with Frisco in round 1 should we....ahhh...I can't type it....It's not 17 straight, but its starting to feel like it....shut down Shittle and Debozo, pound GrabPole into the dirt...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Rams have a top five defense. Other teams have defeated the Niners with less accomplished defenses.

How is it that Morris and crew cannot seem to figure them out?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I want a back to back beat down of the 48'ers. Bring 'em on after the Rams kick thier ass to win the division, then smoke them again to move on in the playoffs.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Is there anybody who could make the playoffs that we absolutely cannot meet with games going certain ways other than Green Bay?

Having said that, if Stafford can get his shit together and we start to click on all cylinders I think we're the best team in the NFL and capable of beating anybody.

That's a big if though.
If we beat the 9ers, we'll have the Niners or Eagles at home. Matchups that should be favorable for us.

2nd rnd, we could have the Godwin-less and now Antonio Brown-less Bucs if they keep the 3 seed and win their first round matchup. If the Bucs lose, we'll get the Cowboys or the Cardinals.

3rd round, we travel to GB unless an upset occurs.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The Rams have a top five defense. Other teams have defeated the Niners with less accomplished defenses.

Morris for a long time REFUSED to actually show a legit heavy 3-4 front.

It took that to keep the Ravens to 165 yards rushing.

I'm hoping he continues to use the heavy front because I like our D when we're shutting down a team's run game... and one HAS to know that the 9ers are a run heavy team and their passing game is set up BY the run.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Well to be fair, Morris has only faced them once as the Rams DC. But, I get what you are saying. We need to come out physical and shut them down. Maybe because it is rare in today's NFL, but we seem to struggle to shut down the run against teams that use a fullback the last several years.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
to avoid Frisco in round one, the simple solution is to beat them this weekend....BUT it looks like we really need Dallas to beat Philly Saturday because if Philly wins that opens up a couple of scenarios where we would match up with Frisco in round 1 should we....ahhh...I can't type it....It's not 17 straight, but its starting to feel like it....shut down Shittle and Debozo, pound GrabPole into the dirt...
I don't think G-String will play..I think we see the rookie, who might be a bigger challenge because of his legs...

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

That's a big if though.
The easy answer is to win the next 5 games

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The odd thing is that when he was hired people were saying that Morris had a history of beating Shanahan offenses. Maybe the 49ers power run game matches up against our pass focused defense. I'd love to have Earnest Jones for this one. Another problem is that the Packers can create the same problems for the Rams. They run power between the tackles with Dillon and then hit the edges with Jones. If the Rams play closer to the line they can burn them with Adams and Lazard. They may have Cobb and Bakthiari back for the playoffs too.

Tano

Legend
Well to be fair, Morris has only faced them once as the Rams DC. But, I get what you are saying. We need to come out physical and shut them down. Maybe because it is rare in today's NFL, but we seem to struggle to shut down the run against teams that use a fullback the last several years.
That's because Reeder gets easily blocked by a fullback

Against Baltimore, they had a long run due to the fullback taking out Reeder.

Reeder had a good game for the most part but there were still a couple plays that I just had to shake my head at his ineptitude on those specific plays. Fortunately, those plays only allowed Baltimore to get in field goal range.