The Official ‘Who Will be our New Kicker?’ Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
CGI/MODERATOR COMMENT: Moderator changed the title and merged two thread conversations into one thread. We probably need a kicker discussion thread.

Christopher Dunn

K FA​

18 minutes ago​

Dunn was waived by the Rams on Thursday, Aaron Wilson of KPRC 2 Houston reports.

EDGE Analysis​

Dunn had signed with Los Angeles as an undrafted free agent out of NC State in May. He'll now need to work to find a new opportunity elsewhere, while Tanner Brown, also an undrafted free agent, becomes the only kicker on the Rams' depth chart.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Christopher Dunn

K FA​

18 minutes ago​

Dunn was waived by the Rams on Thursday, Aaron Wilson of KPRC 2 Houston reports.
Interesting. No way we go with one kicker at this point in camp, and a rookie kicker at that.

We must have a kicker in mind to sign.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting. No way we go with one kicker at this point in camp, and a rookie kicker at that.

We must have a kicker in mind to sign.
Reports and rumors are we have somebody in mind from the USFL

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Reports and rumors are we have somebody in mind from the USFL

I wouldn't mind getting someone from left field ...

EnragedSmallAmbushbug-max-1mb.gif

:sunglasses:

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Man That was a quick trigger on the Dunn era as a Ram. Ah the memories - We’ll miss you kid.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
This is kind of freaking me out.

Many of us assumed Dunn would be "the guy" at K this year.

That year they had to deal with Samwise Sloman... what a shitshow that was.

Gotta hope Tanner Brown is the real deal. Can't stand the idea of a rotating carousel of mediocre guys who can't get it done.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Before anyone says we're signing Sloman again, I'd like to do a pre-emptive:

Threaten Talladega Nights GIF

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Brandon Aubrey, Birmingham​

Aubrey, a former Notre Dame soccer standout and MLS defender, has been one of the top kickers in the USFL since transitioning to the sport of football. He went 18-of-22 his first season as a USFL kicker and even though his overall volume is down in 2023, he’s improved to an 86 percent success rate this season.
For the second season in a row, Aubrey is considered one of the best kickers in the league, despite transitioning to the sport of football late in his professional career.
“It was three months before I realized I really enjoyed professional sports more than sitting in an office,” Aubrey said of his life after soccer. “So I went and got a football and went to a local football field to see what I could do. Then I found a kicking coach in Dallas to see what he could teach me and eventually he told me to put myself out there in the free agent cycle.”
Aubrey led the USFL in scoring (kicking) in 2022 and is currently No. 3 in the league today. The Plano, Texas native is new to the football game but between USFL, MLS, and Notre Dame, he has plenty of experience under the bright lights of high-level sports

Luis Aguilar, Philadelphia​

The 6-foot-3 kicker from Northern Arizona is one of the rising stars in the USFL. The kicker/punter recently set a league record for field goals in a game and ranks second in points scored (42) this season.
Aguilar has gone 12-for-14 in 2023 with a long of 56 yards (longest kick in the league this season). In this his second season in the league, he’s shown year-over-year improvement and at age 25, his needle is pointed up.
Aguilar also has the added bonus of being a punter. He’s placed five of his 19 punts inside the 20, adding to his value as a possible depth piece with the Rams.

Matt Coghlin, New Orleans​

Coghlin, the top scorer in the USFL this season, is having a standout year with the Breakers. A perfect 10-for-10 on field goals and 15-for-15 on extra points, he’s the most accurate kicker in the league.
With a 51-yard kick on his resume, he has NFL-caliber distance to go with his accuracy. The 25-year-old kicker from Michigan State may not be as battle tested as the previous two in the USFL, but he was a five year starter in college so he’s not inexperienced, by any means.

Last edited: