The Offense Stupid: Part Two

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
Second to last.

With reports of Clemmings now falling (and that stress fracture is very late in the game and teams may not want to risk that again......here we go.)

Note: Last mock with trades. Final one will have none.

-Trade #10 for KC's #18 & #49 & 6th rounder (KC really wants Parker.)

#18 RB Todd Gurley
Todd-Gurley.jpg

Fisher now has a 3-headed demon to finally utilize what he's always wanted. Another ground and pound / smash and dash, style of offense to bleed the clock, the other team's will, and give the defense plenty of rest. Gurley is one of the best footballers in this draft period. Pair him with Mason and boom. A couple trick plays with Austin AND Gurley both on the field at the same time and you could have a fun ass run game.

#41 OT/OG TJ Clemmings
usa-today-8221647.0.jpg

Stress fracture report is super late in the game. A horrible senior bowl and an okay combine. Drops him into our laps in the 2nd. Big, mean, nasty, and athletic for his size. RT of the future. And a OG to start if we decide to bring Barks back.

#49 OG AJ Cann
aj%20cann.jpg

We're taking care of the fucking O-Line for good. Cann and Clemmings bring youth and talent to a unit that desperately needs it. Bring back Barks and you have plenty of time to develop either one or try flipping Cann to C or just plain quality depth for Saffold. Who fucking cares. We need O-line depth and talent for a revitalized rushing attack.

#72 LB Paul Dawson
030.jpg

We get a steal in the 3rd for a guy who will be the heir to JL55 and finally give JL a breather.

#119 CB Josh Shaw
1409179565000-C01-SHAW-B-27-66752054.JPG

#215 WR DeAndre Smelter
DeAndre+Smelter+Georgia+Southern+v+Georgia+N_ucHfc05M-l.jpg

Perfect for our style of offense. Mean as fuck blocker and WR, much like D. Thomas. Needs some polishing for sure, but the talent is there. Large bear hands. If you can clean up his routes, you may even have, at least, a poor man's Boldin.

BPA

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I really have no desire to take a RB, definitely not in the first 3 rounds anyway. I like the trade with KC, and if they were able to swing it, I'd prefer to see someone like Flowers or even the best available CB, then go back and address the line with the additional picks.

I like Clemmings' physicality, but not sure if he'll be able to put it all together at the NFL level. That and fracture in the foot is a bit off putting to say the least.

I like the idea of drafting some tough physical players like your mock has, just not sure if I like the order you've addressed them.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
As long as it's not a liz franc fracture, I'm fine with it. Broken bones generally heal without issue.

lockdnram21

Legend
No way I take Gurley. We have a great Rb who destroyed the sec. Fisher says he thinks he's special. I do to. Fx the line and he's putting up 1300 yards 8 tds

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't like it. Sure Gurley is godd but so is Mason and in round 1 around 18 I'd take Erving or Flowers.

Clemmings is a huge mistake. He will take three years to be good, if he ever reaches that potential. I don't like projects in early rounds. If he develops like some (not me) thinks then the Rams get a year or two of good ORT play and then he gets OLT money elsewhere.

The rest of the draft looks very good. Cann and Dawson are good value. Shaw is great value? That is where you pick a bad character guy. He could bust but is so good that if he pans out it would be worth the risk. Smelter? Meh but he is what you get later, developmental gamble.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Gurley is the best pick...Shaw the next.then Cann..I could do without the rest..Dawson? Really....Clemmings & nasty...never heard him described as such...

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I love this draft. Regardless of what people say about Mason and Cunningham, the two of them combined don't equal Gurley, who is like a Steven Jackson/Marshawn Lynch clone with more speed. Dawson in the third is exactly what I'd do, and although I'd switch Clemmings and Cann's spots, I can't argue with those two picks. Shaw is intriguing; if Fisher can screw his head on straight, he's a steal at this juncture. Smelter is ridiculously underrated and should go much higher, but again, I can't argue the pick itself. BPA in the seventh? Can't argue with that either.

You did well.

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think Mason can carry the full load of what Fisher would want with a run offense, and I like BamBam, if you trade down and can take Gurley along with two high quality lineman, you have going what the Hags have/had going. Which is a pretty team to play.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I love this draft. Regardless of what people say about Mason and Cunningham, the two of them combined don't equal Gurley, who is like a Steven Jackson/Marshawn Lynch clone with more speed and a serious knee injury in the books already. Dawson in the third is exactly what I'd do, and although I'd switch Clemmings and Cann's spots, I can't argue with those two picks. Shaw is intriguing; if Fisher can screw his head on straight, he's a steal at this juncture. Smelter is ridiculously underrated and should go much higher, but again, I can't argue the pick itself. BPA in the seventh? Can't argue with that either.

You did well.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
@Elmgrovegnome a knee injury that he's fully recovered from. ACLs aren't the death knell that they were when Willis McGahee played.

TexasRam

Legend
I have no problem with Gurley there. BPA and he is the type of running back you need in the NFC west. If we are going to pound the rock and play great defense then we might want an elite talent at rb.

Mason can't pound out the hard yards like Gurley. Sometimes those plays decide the game.

FRO

Legend
Second to last.

With reports of Clemmings now falling (and that stress fracture is very late in the game and teams may not want to risk that again......here we go.)

Note: Last mock with trades. Final one will have none.

-Trade #10 for KC's #18 & #49 & 6th rounder (KC really wants Parker.)

#18 RB Todd Gurley
Todd-Gurley.jpg

Fisher now has a 3-headed demon to finally utilize what he's always wanted. Another ground and pound / smash and dash, style of offense to bleed the clock, the other team's will, and give the defense plenty of rest. Gurley is one of the best footballers in this draft period. Pair him with Mason and boom. A couple trick plays with Austin AND Gurley both on the field at the same time and you could have a fun ass run game.

#41 OT/OG TJ Clemmings
usa-today-8221647.0.jpg

Stress fracture report is super late in the game. A horrible senior bowl and an okay combine. Drops him into our laps in the 2nd. Big, mean, nasty, and athletic for his size. RT of the future. And a OG to start if we decide to bring Barks back.

#49 OG AJ Cann
aj%20cann.jpg

We're taking care of the freaking O-Line for good. Cann and Clemmings bring youth and talent to a unit that desperately needs it. Bring back Barks and you have plenty of time to develop either one or try flipping Cann to C or just plain quality depth for Saffold. Who freaking cares. We need O-line depth and talent for a revitalized rushing attack.

#72 LB Paul Dawson
030.jpg

We get a steal in the 3rd for a guy who will be the heir to JL55 and finally give JL a breather.

#119 CB Josh Shaw
1409179565000-C01-SHAW-B-27-66752054.JPG

#215 WR DeAndre Smelter
DeAndre+Smelter+Georgia+Southern+v+Georgia+N_ucHfc05M-l.jpg

Perfect for our style of offense. Mean as freak blocker and WR, much like D. Thomas. Needs some polishing for sure, but the talent is there. Large bear hands. If you can clean up his routes, you may even have, at least, a poor man's Boldin.

BPA
This would be the best case scenario draft. Awesome job. Would absolutely love it.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Clemmings is a huge mistake. He will take three years to be good, if he ever reaches that potential. I don't like projects in early rounds. If he develops like some (not me) thinks then the Rams get a year or two of good ORT play and then he gets OLT money elsewhere.

I share the same feelings, I think we could be in the minority tho (at least here) I'd hope for the next best OL option, hopefully a 3 year starter.

I do however like the rest of the draft, I'm really warming up to Gurley.