The not so obvious

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
There are several things about this team that ROD members have proclaimed yet the media recognize at a snail’s pace. For this reason, I’d like to continue this tradition by pointing out things this season the lazy media will pretend later they knew all along.

The Rams have the only effective offensive line in the NFC West. Veldheer made Lawrence look like a HOF candidate while Hav and Brown silenced him completely. The Hawks and Cards have two of the WORST OLines in the NFL.

While we were all fawning over Gerald Everett, McVay was regularly giving Tyler Higbee nearly twice as many reps. Lance Kendricks was deemed expendable and McVay has trusted Higbee even when he struggled. Carrier has been responsible for several key blocks this year. The development of our TE position is unsung SO FAR.

McVay holds his cards well in terms of player usage. Different players get featured in different ways each week. Screen pass to Brown? Higbee deep? Kupp vertical down the sideline? Gurley on a seam post? Tavon off tackle? Carrier as a first read for Goff? Good luck future DC’s figuring out what’s coming next. Sean’s got something coming for your @sses.

Guys like Longacre, Fox, Smart, Walker, and Thomas are getting coached up and becoming more integral to the success of the defense while Brockers and Donald snatch the headlines.

Mark Barron has overtaken Ogletree as the leader of this LB corps.

The Rams have the NFL’s best ST units. The blocking scheme on Cooper’s KO return was masterful (I admit wanting him to just down every KO in the end zone but Bones isn’t the timid sort). I won’t mention our kickers because, well...I promised not to be obvious.

Goff’s light will shine so brightly that the QB’s in the east will swear the sun is rising from LA. By year’s end, he will be starting on winning fantasy football teams.

Until the Cowboys get Sean Lee back, the Dallas D will continue to get shredded, not only by us.

Joyner was the only significant Ram that didn’t play this game. The Rams may have the healthiest team in the league. (Fingers crossed)

Finally, this team isn’t beating itself often with boneheaded mistakes, turnovers, and late hits. This is becoming a smart team all the way down to a lack of stupid, me first celebrations.

I invite my brothers to add to this thread those things we see but haven’t yet garnered media attention.

tempests

Hall of Fame
He's been under the radar for much of his NFL career, and even now AD99 gets the attention.
I don't know how obvious it is to outsiders, I don't hear his name much. The Rams "other DT" is having his best season, and is now playing like one of the NFL's best. I expect the Rams run defense to improve down the stretch and he'll get the accolades he deserves. He's been a standout from week 1.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Brown and Havenstein were the weak links in our OL, but like all our OL this week, we didn't hear their names called. That's a good thing.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
#83 Josh Reynolds deserves an Honorable mention for His GREAT HIT during Gurrrley's TD Catch 'n Run!!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Tavon Austin: McVay is using the threat of Tavon to create a mass of space for our WRs and TGIII. I know most people go on about his pay packet, but he's contributing a hell of a lot to this O at the moment - just don't look at the stats.

John Sullivan: I've said it in other places but he's solidified the centre of the line fantastically, His understanding of the game has definitely helped Goff succeed.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Goff’s light will shine so brightly that the QB’s in the east will swear the sun is rising from LA.
Classic LeoRam!

Ya, Brockers looks pro bowl level' always loved him, but never thought he could pass rush; what happened? Wow, he is good now. HE is listed at 302, but listed at 315-322 in the past. DId he lose 20 pounds.....did Fish fatten him up, and cost him or what?

K Webster at Corner changes the outlook of secondary A LOT! I think know Robey-C in the slot is playing the way he should (not an outside guy). I think K Webster takes Baldwin on a lot better than Tru Jo.

We are actually the better team vs Seattle.....yay, been a while.

fearsomefour

Legend
He's been under the radar for much of his NFL career, and even now AD99 gets the attention.
I don't know how obvious it is to outsiders, I don't hear his name much. The Rams "other DT" is having his best season, and is now playing like one of the NFL's best. I expect the Rams run defense to improve down the stretch and he'll get the accolades he deserves. He's been a standout from week 1.
He doesn't get stories about him because he doesn't get a hunch if sacks.
Always have to remember, the press are lazy and report things for simpletons....in the simplest possible terms.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
It is so nice not to see our guys making bonehead retaliation penalties. McVay and Phillips has guys playing smart. It is so............freaking nice. But I have to hoist the petard of my man.....my big man....Whitworth. Admit it....this guy (along w/ McVay) has changed our culture. When you saw him chasing and gaining on the Charger w/ the fumble recovery in preseason.....I went....."This is different...." And that guy is......... He sets the curve for all to step up to. Such a great signing!

Now if only we had a former showgirl to retaliate against w/ a cutout from former days.....

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Mark Barron has overtaken Ogletree as the leader of this LB corps.
Not sure about that....and I love Barron...always will defend his play....But Tree was all over the field yesterday...may have found his calling as a blitzer.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure about that....and I love Barron...always will defend his play....But Tree was all over the field yesterday...may have found his calling as a blitzer.
His calling sure isn't tackling. I was watching some of the whiners game and was envious of them having Bowman.

Zodi

Hall of Fame

He was all over the field, in positions he shouldn't have been and trying to tackling Elliot by his shoulder pads. I was disappointed in Tree yesterday, but I have no doubt he has the capacity to turn it around.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It is so nice not to see our guys making bonehead retaliation penalties. McVay and Phillips has guys playing smart. It is so............freaking nice.

Yes... this may be, perhaps, my favorite part of this transformation.

Nothing... and I mean NOTHING was more infuriating than the lack of discipline on Fisher's teams.

If they were in the game, some bonehead personal foul would take them out of it.

And if they were losing badly, Fisher allowed them to escalate the stupidity.

This team (so far) is disciplined and coached to execute plays.

It's exciting to watch!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah, the lack of stupid personal fouls is refreshing. A result of we not me maybe? Personal fouls are generally selfish in nature so......

To me, a huge factor is just how much this staff is paying attention to what the other team is doing. The adjustments on both sides of the ball are so bitchen to see. If this defense gets things figured out in terms of system, this team can be scary good.

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller
Brilliant half-time adjustments. This is the difference between Championship teams and contenders.
i.e. Cheatriots last Super Bowl

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Yeah, the lack of stupid personal fouls is refreshing. A result of we not me maybe? Personal fouls are generally selfish in nature so......

To me, a huge factor is just how much this staff is paying attention to what the other team is doing. The adjustments on both sides of the ball are so bitchen to see. If this defense gets things figured out in terms of system, this team can be scary good.

Wow haven't seen/heard the word 'bitchen' used since I was about 17 and some dude rolled up in a totally tricked out Dodge Charger with headers and everything?

Heh bet you could say the same, eh?

~ArkyRamsFan~

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Wow haven't seen/heard the word 'bitchen' used since I was about 17 and some dude rolled up in a totally tricked out Dodge Charger with headers and everything?

Heh bet you could say the same, eh?

~ArkyRamsFan~

Take the word "Charger" and replace with "77 Tradesman" van and I'm right there with you

And yes, the adjustments made at halftime were indeed "bitchen"

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bitchen is refreshing to see! I used to say "let's jam" which was get the hell out of here back in the 70's.