The non-existent FS battle

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Oh, we're gonna resign TJ...

Only issue will be ADs contract which will be so large it has it's own atmosphere...

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Oh, we're gonna resign TJ...

Only issue will be ADs contract which will be so large it has it's own atmosphere...

I sure could not make that statement Mackeyser on TJ McDonald. I would take the stance that he will not even get a second look by the Rams front office with all the major heavy lifting they will be doing with much more critical FA matters. I say this based on the below.....

Rams just picked up Tavon Austin's 5th yr option for 2017 at a ultra high rate of $12,268,000 million. This was a 8 million one yr pay raise from this season. They did the same with Alec Ogletree where he is being paid little over 2 million this season to where he will get a pay raise of $8,369,000 million, up some 6 mil.

Rams will have to deal with 7 of our last seasons starters in the next 2017 UFA'cy The Michael Brockers & Trumaine Johnson deals will be seriously huge amounts. All of which must be worked on with the 7 UFA 2018 starters who will enter UFA'cy like Donald, Austin & Ogletree to name a few.

Making players like safety's C.B Bryant, Cody Davis, Jordan Lomax & Brian Randolph so important in the long term view. TJ McDonald starting post replacement is already here in Mo Alexander because he will only cost $806 K to replace TJ in 2017.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Well, I don't think Austin plays at that rate, I think they resign him to a much more cap friendly contract which both sides want.

Ogletree is essentially in a contract year. If he tanks, he won't be looking at a big payday anywhere and that option year will have to be his retirement, presuming they don't work a trade to a team that wants him at OLB or that we don't just move him back to OLB and move up Hager or someone else.

Brockers will get a nice deal, but it won't break the bank.

I think the Rams certainly have some work to do... and the Donald contract will certainly constrict things.

However, I think the Rams will be able to keep the players who are most crucial to keep.

Now, if guys like Mo, Christian Bryant and others really really step up and make the drop off from TJ pretty small, then maybe the organization might make that business decision over significant depth at the Safety position.

We'll see. On field play and injuries tend to change the landscape from prior to the season to mid-season, let alone the end of the season when the next round of business will be conducted.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Looks like TJ McDonald is going to take MCCloud's FS spot and Mo Alexander is going to play SS. That's the way they've been lining up so far, but who knows that could change before real games start.