The Nfl's Best Coaches

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/46250/57/the-nfls-best-coaches

He has Jeff Fisher listed at #14 out of 25. The other 7 coaches are new hires and were not counted in the rankings. Somewhat puzzling is that Rex Ryan, Marc Trestman, and Chip Kelly were rated ahead of him. Read the entire article at the link.

The NFL's Best Coaches
February 15, 2014/By Patrick Daugherty

14. Jeff Fisher

Career Record: 156-137-1 (.532)

With The Rams Since: 2012

There are two things preventing Fisher from falling into the same “steady hand” category as Marvin Lewis. 1. His hand isn’t always steady. Fisher’s Titans teams were known more for their late hits than discipline. The personal fouls have followed Fisher’s mustache to St. Louis. 2. Fisher’s ceiling is higher. Fisher has won at least 11 games five times since 1999.

You could say Fisher has had better quarterbacks than Lewis, but Kerry Collins was under center for Fisher’s 13-win squad in 2008. The problem is, Fisher hasn’t won a playoff game since 2003, while his young Rams team made fewer strides than expected in 2013. That can partly be attributed to playing in the best division in football.

It can also be blamed on Fisher’s allegiance to vanilla OC Brian Schottenheimer, and the fact that the duo didn’t install a realistic offense until Sam Bradford tore his ACL in Week 7. Fisher has been there before, but it’s been over a decade. By the time he gets back, he might not remember how to act like it.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
IDK, rough crowd Fox at 20 ouch, Chip Kelley ahead of Fisher after 1 season in the NFC least wow

I guess Fisher sux:confused:

jap

Legend
I will wait until the conclusion of the 2014 season when The Fisher King can officially say, "How do you like me now!?!" ;)

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
It's hard to spend a lot of time re analyzing these ratings, but rating anyone on a years work as a HC is crazy,IMO there should be a minimum of three seasons for me to rate people and THEN IMO your rating should be based on your road record and your organization rating should be in there as well.

IMO Fisher did a pretty remarkable job in Titan land for a way sub 500 owner,but what do I know?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
IDK, rough crowd Fox at 20 ouch, Chip Kelley ahead of Fisher after 1 season in the NFC least wow

I guess Fisher sux:confused:

And they put Trestman one slot ahead of him and McCoy one slot behind him.

It's a microwave media here isn't it.......

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
This article lost all credibility when they put Mike Tomlin at 16, under 1st year coaches that went 8-8. He should be 11th...at worst.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This article lost all credibility when they put Mike Tomlin at 16, under 1st year coaches that went 8-8. He should be 11th...at worst.

I saw that and I'm guessing that Steelers fans have a few thoughts on that as well lol.

Even if this was just based on last year it's not that well done. And I don't see it being based on just last year since they list career records and talk about accomplishments and failures through entire careers.

It's another of a long line of "list" articles that writers will be churning out hoping for online interaction and attention. Bernie will be dropping oneofthese soon I bet.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
It wasn't THE point for me,but it was a HUH?
IMO Tomlin and Caughlin both were underated and flava of the month was overated