The NFL Hot Seat - McVay & Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
More genius commentary from that fine media outfit msn.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Lol. What in da fuuuuck is this? Dont post this garbage here unless it's to make fun of today's sports news media

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
lol McVay and Goff are part of the problem but the O-line is the main issue here.

My main criticism of McVay though is the lack of contingency gameplan with a weakened O-line; there are ways to get an offense moving the chains with this kind of O-line; it's too feast or famine and 40+ pass attempts and 4 sacks is gonna get Goff killed one of these days.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
No worries both of them are young, plenty of time to reinvent themselves in 2020.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I guess it sucks that McVay did run out of magic and Goff isn't helping.....but Hotseat, no....not for another 3 years.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's a talking point. No more, no less. I laughed when I first read the piece.

IMO, McVay does deserve some heat but by no means do I think his job is at stake. That's what's laughable. If things don't get fixed, however, getting Goff killed will not be something that I'll find even remotely humorous.

McVay is always talking about putting guys in position to succeed. Well, it's time for that to happen. A game and a half out of a playoff spot and there's likely another couple losses ahead. 10-6 looks like a stretch to make it. The heat is on, regardless of on which webpage it's posted.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
McVay and Goff are definitely not on the hot seat. They will have every opportunity to right the ship next season. Now if they continue to struggle offensively on the way to a 4-12 season? I suppose Goff's contract makes him untradeable.

But I don't know about McVay. Knowing Stan Kroenke's history with coaches, I gotta think even that wouldn't cost McVay his job. Stan has been pretty patient with his coaches and would prefer to wait it out. Give them every opportunity to turn it around. It would have to be a total collapse where he's totally lost his team. I don't see that happening.