The NFL and London

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Limey

Rookie
I don't know what the other UK-based guys think, but I don't want a London franchise. Not that it would happen now, but I didn't want the Rams in London as it would be a disadvantage to the rest of the league because of all the reasons outlined above, plus I didn't want a bunch of UK bandwagon jumpers becoming overnight Rams fans. I also have zero interest in supporting another team (even if it's in the AFC). Besides, I don't support London soccer teams, so I am as likely to see this as a London team to loathe as a British team that I should support. I did sort of root for the London Monarchs but that was in the context of a different league, where they were not competing with the Rams.

I'm also against games in London generally, as Sky tend to block NFL red zone access when the games are played at the same time as other fixtures, presumably to force UK fans to watch the London game and boost the viewing figures. I might feel different about that if I lived within easy travelling distance of London, but I'm far enough away that I'm never going to get to a game in London.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This will not work for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is they already have a similar and superior product: Rugby.

Is this guy talking about rugby union? If he is that is an out and out lie. Rugby is maybe the worst sport to watch on the planet. Ruck, ruck, kick, line out, scrum, ruck, kick, kick, line out, kick, zzzzzzzzzz.

Now if he's talking about rugby-league then he may be closer to the truth. This sport is the closet thing to reach the ferocity of the nfl. Hard tackling, hard running, brutal impacts. Australian version, not the English version.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Orlando is probably the best sports market without an NFL team currently. There is a clear sports interest here with millions of fans across multiple sports. If O-town can average over 40,000 for soccer games, I'm sure we could do much better than Jacksonville currently and it wouldn't be a drastic relocation from north to central Florida.