The NFC West's "Other" Good Team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...ouis-rams-the-nfc-wests-other-other-good-team

"What makes the NFC West the best division in football, though, is that the talent isn’t limited to the left coast. Seattle and San Francisco are undoubtedly the class, but what Les Snead and Jeff Fisher are building in St. Louis isn’t to be overlooked. As Chris Sprow wrote in March, St. Louis drastically improved last season, but the normal signs of why a team might slide after that sort of jump aren't there in St. Louis. The Rams were outscored by only 49 points all season, and 38 of those were in a loss to New England in London."

"The Rams may not be there yet, but they’re already a team no one wants to play."

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Gyawd ... that London game. :dahh:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The Rams were outscored by only 49 points all season, and 38 of those were in a loss to New England in London.

That stat is staggering, and amazing.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
DR RAM said:
The Rams were outscored by only 49 points all season, and 38 of those were in a loss to New England in London.

Yeah. Proves that we were in all but one game. That's just flat-out impressive.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Memento said:
DR RAM said:

Well - We really weren't in the Bears, Packers, or Vikings games. Other than those four games, we had opportunities to win all of the rest.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFan503 said:
Memento said:
DR RAM said:

Well - We really weren't in the Bears, Packers, or Vikings games. Other than those four games, we had opportunities to win all of the rest.
I don't know. I'd say we were in the Bears game (through 3 quarters), and the Packers didn't really run away with anything either. That 2nd quarter in the Vikings game was horrible though. Just awful. Freaking Adrian Peterson ... that dude's a freak of nature.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
And you know even the Vikings game, if you look at it. AP got most of his yards on two plays. Also, the biggest run he had was at least in part due to a horrible defense call by Gregg's son, what's his name....I forget. But Fisher let him go after the season.

On that play he called a zone blitz I believe, which was an absolutely horrible defense to call for that play. Vikes a mostly running team, deep in their own end of the field and you call a play designed to pressure and stop the pass??????

AP did make the most of it though.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
RamFan503 said:
Memento said:
DR RAM said:

I don't know. I'd say we were in the Bears game (through 3 quarters), and the Packers didn't really run away with anything either. That 2nd quarter in the Vikings game was horrible though. Just awful. Freaking Adrian Peterson ... that dude's a freak of nature.

Yeah - I dunno. Our offense was totally inept in the Packers and Bears game. We finally got some things going against the Packers when it was all but over IIRR.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFan503 said:
Yeah - I dunno. Our offense was totally inept in the Packers and Bears game. We finally got some things going against the Packers when it was all but over IIRR.
True. I'm not suggesting we could have slugged it out with them offensively, but it was definitely a lot closer than the year previous to that. That was the one great takeaway from last year. The games we were out of (sans 1) never really got out of hand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
RamFan503 said:
True. I'm not suggesting we could have slugged it out with them offensively, but it was definitely a lot closer than the year previous to that. That was the one great takeaway from last year. The games we were out of (sans 1) never really got out of hand.

Agreed. Very encouraging.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
"The Rams may not be there yet, but they’re already a team no one wants to play."

I love this!!!...and I expect that it will be true to an even greater extent come playoff time!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ram_of_Old said:
We need patience. We are close...very close.
[mp3]http://dc152.4shared.com/img/1619552748/718ef0e7/dlink__2Fdownload_2FtN1BqDo8_3Ftsid_3D20130611-84602-c12486f0/preview.mp3[/mp3]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ScotsRam said:
X said:

Fucking tell me about it.
It's not encouraging how poorly Fisher does against Belichick. Hopefully it's only a matter of talent, but the last two games those two have played against each other, the cumulative score is 104-7.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
X said:
ScotsRam said:
X said:

Fucking tell me about it.
It's not encouraging how poorly Fisher does against Belichick. Hopefully it's only a matter of talent, but the last two games those two have played against each other, the cumulative score is 104-7.

Belichick can probably boast a similar record against half the league.

I need to get out to the States to see a Ram W in the worst way.

nighttrain

Legend
Memento said:
DR RAM said:

absolutely great going forward, score a few more points and don't allow any blowouts, we could be special
train

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Lunchbox said:

I love this!!!...and I expect that it will be true to an even greater extent come playoff time!

Yeah it is!!! This season man....it's like the biggest relief after 10 years of mediocrity....love all of it :cheese: