The new Dune is legit

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsFan4Life

Starter
I’ve watched half and they have done a great job staying true to the book.

be forewarned

its “part one”……

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
If they don’t do part 2… I’ll be bummed.
Shit.. Momoa was so good as Duncan that I wish we’d get to see Ghola Duncan. But that ain’t gonna happen.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Saw it yesterday. Read the book 50 years ago, and reread it recently in anticipation of the movie.
It was excellent, absolutely true to the feel of the book.
Might even see it again.

RamsFan4Life

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Saw it yesterday. Read the book 50 years ago, and reread it recently in anticipation of the movie.
Might even see it again.
Brother if you are a reader….more to the point….a sci fi reader…..get ALL of them. Even the books by his son and Brian Anderson.

I read the first books as they came out and reread the books before it before I read the new one. I’ve read Dune prolly 15-18 times lol…..

I think it is marketing genius to begin this universe. Few of the characters live from book to book so the need to explain away a 40 year old (no matter how baby faced) Paul Atreides.

beginning of the next GOT?

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
I'm really pumped for this one! I've been trying hard not to watch it on HBO Max since I plan on catching it in theaters next weekend with some family members. I read the first 4 books like 5 years ago and reread book 1 recently in order to prep for the movie. The box office numbers look very promising for a second movie considering the same day release with HBO Max in the U.S. Fingers crossed!

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
Might even see it again.

I haven't seen the movie yet but just finished rereading book 1. While reading, I had the visuals from all the previews in my head and it felt like Villeneuve was spot on with the feel and aesthetic.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
He is. Dead on.
I would recommend seeing it in a large theater. Sound is killer.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Read the book 50 years ago
2018-funniest-memes-getting-old-joke.jpeg

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought the first half of the movie was very slow. At the 3/4 mark I figured out we were in a sequel situation. I probably won't be around by the time the producers are through milking it for "Hookers of Dune" when Maud'Dib turns the Bene Geserit out on the street.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I thought the first half of the movie was very slow. At the 3/4 mark I figured out we were in a sequel situation. I probably won't be around by the time the producers are through milking it for "Hookers of Dune" when Maud'Dib turns the Bene Geserit out on the street.
Different strokes I guess.
The movie wasn’t “slow”.
It portrayed exactly what the author was trying to convey in the book.
If you read it, you should know that, and if you didn’t,
then well….

As far as them milking it, maybe…
but there’s a lot of material there that warrants screen time.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
BTW, why won’t you be around?

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Brother if you are a reader….more to the point….a sci fi reader…..get ALL of them. Even the books by his son and Brian Anderson.

I read the first books as they came out and reread the books before it before I read the new one. I’ve read Dune prolly 15-18 times lol…..

I think it is marketing genius to begin this universe. Few of the characters live from book to book so the need to explain away a 40 year old (no matter how baby faced) Paul Atreides.

beginning of the next GOT?
I did read them. All of them, and honestly found the sequels to be a bit tedious.

As in…. I got halfway through the third Lord of the Rings book and flat lost interest.

Never did finish it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I read them all as well and felt like the first book was the masterpiece. I'm also glad to hear that they followed the book. My fear was that we'd have some modern BS spin on a classic story of my youth so glad to hear it's going to be worth watching.

We're doing a family trip to the movies for this one. I love the whole theater experience though so might as well ensure I see this before movie theaters shut down for good.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Different strokes I guess.
The movie wasn’t “slow”.
It portrayed exactly what the author was trying to convey in the book.
If you read it, you should know that, and if you didn’t,
then well….

As far as them milking it, maybe…
but there’s a lot of material there that warrants screen time.
I enjoyed the first book very much and read it 2 or 3 times. The second book not so much and dropped the series. In researching it I found there are now 8 books with Herbert’s name with the last few co-authored. I am 67 years old and there is no way I’ll live long enough to see the whole series in film.
The film was ok if you understand that there are going to be sequels going into it. I thought it was going to be a stand alone like the first one. Too bad Sting didn’t have a cameo.

RamsFan4Life

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I enjoyed the first book very much and read it 2 or 3 times. The second book not so much and dropped the series. In researching it I found there are now 8 books with Herbert’s name with the last few co-authored. I am 67 years old and there is no way I’ll live long enough to see the whole series in film.
The film was ok if you understand that there are going to be sequels going into it. I thought it was going to be a stand alone like the first one. Too bad Sting didn’t have a cameo.
Some of the books beyond the original 7 or 8, I think Chapterhouse was the last Frank Herbert penned, but his son and Brian Anderson wrote the rest from notes and unfinished manuscripts and I’ve read almost all, and find them written in the same style and have expanded the Dune universe nicely.

CeeZar

Rookie
I’ve watched half and they have done a great job staying true to the book.

be forewarned

its “part one”……
I thought is was better than the first two attempts. But standing on its own, IMHO, the casting, acting, and directing weren't that great.

But I watched it all and will watch part 2. The books were fantastic and this could easily be a franchise as there is a ton of great material.